Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat > Humour

Old 02-02-20, 07:32 PM
OC3D Elite

I'm sure it was when you grew up, but the rate of single parenting has done all its rising over the period when birth rates amongst teenagers have plummeted to all time lows(Down 60% since 1998). Like, quite obviously more openness about sex and better education on it has led to vast increases in the use and effectiveness of contraception.

Old 02-02-20, 07:43 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrech View Post
Yes I agree, the reason why we have lots of single parents is clearly because of all those lefties with ultra-conservative views on sex and marriage, and despite "Thou shalt not covet" literally being one of the ten commandments(With direct reference to women in the bible/torah), the vilification of sexual attraction is definitely a new problem within society that we can link to the very recent phenomena of high rates of single parenting.

Moronic comment aside, The problem started to get worse in the last few decades when cultural marxists wanted to dismantle the nuclear family, And they've succeeded, The western world is in shambles and it's getting worse by the year.

Even mention you think having morals, Wanting to get married and have kids in a stable home and you get looked at like an alien.

Old 02-02-20, 07:51 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Moronic comment aside, The problem started to get worse in the last few decades when cultural marxists wanted to dismantle the nuclear family, And they've succeeded, The western world is in shambles and it's getting worse by the year.

Even mention you think having morals, Wanting to get married and have kids in a stable home and you get looked at like an alien.
Then why is the issue of single parenting now almost exclusive to the older boomer & gen x generations? Like there's literally a clear statistical almost complete drop off for people born & raised in the last few decades in western countries?
Old 02-02-20, 07:53 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrech View Post
Then why is the issue of single parenting now almost exclusive to the older boomer & gen x generations? Like there's literally a clear statistical almost complete drop off for people born in the last few decades?

I've worked all over the UK and the amount of single mother teens is still high, If there are no stats about it, It's because they don't want to look properly.

Old 02-02-20, 07:58 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
I've worked all over the UK and the amount of single mother teens is still high, If there are no stats about it, It's because they don't want to look properly.
There is lots of data and research on it, and it all shows(For the UK) teenage mums now account for less than 1% of single parent, that the average age is 39, and that the largest age group is now 40-44, and half come from married families, and vast majority from long term relationships (If you're only noticing the teenage mums, imagine how big the real problem is now you know the hard data, I mean, you're in compulsory education until you're 18 now, and as of last year most 18yo's now go onto further full time education till 21+, so you can't hide that anymore either).

Also ofc, millennials have by far the lowest birth rates of any generation in recorded history, even women who want to have children are no longer economically capable, birth rates in teens has more than halved since even the 2008 financial crash, and the key reason given by millennials (Some of which are now in their 30s) for the birth rate plummet is economic instability.

Which not so coincidentally, also seems to be the driving force behind many of the real, data-verifiable causes and trends for single parenthood and its recent rise.
Old 03-02-20, 12:45 PM
OC3D Elite

Saw this comment on Guru3D. Thought it was genius

Quote:
Up To 10 processor cores for enhanced performance
Up To 30 PCH-H High-Speed I/O lanes for port flexibility
Up To 40 PCIe 3.0 Lanes (16 CPU, up to 24 PCH)
Up to 30 vulnerabilities waiting to be exploited..
Old 03-02-20, 03:12 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Saw this comment on Guru3D. Thought it was genius
While funny, pretty sure Intel has a bounty program to find bugs/vulnerabilities. They reward people. Whereas AMD do not have this type of program and there's less interest in it, not to mention the less previous history and research done on the architecture.
Old 06-02-20, 02:03 PM
OC3D Elite

When you realize it's nearly as expensive to buy a new pen for wacom intuos 4 as it is to by a better pen+display
RAM: 2x 8GB CORSAIR VENGENCE LED
GPU: Gigabyte white 2070
PSU: Corsair Rm850x
Old 07-02-20, 10:41 AM
OC3D Crew

Playing FIFA20 last night.

Had a a penalty given against me for this:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1225537098637365255

Oh, the defender was sent off too.

I had to laugh...
Enthoo Elite | i9-7900X | Rampage VI Extreme | Dominator Platinum 32GB | RTX 2080 FE | 960 Pro 512GB, 840 Evo 250GB x 2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 | PG279Q, MX27AQ | Custom Watercooling Loop + Aquaero 6 XT

Old 07-02-20, 12:13 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by trawetSluaP View Post
Playing FIFA20 last night.

Had a a penalty given against me for this:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1225537098637365255

Oh, the defender was sent off too.

I had to laugh...
meh ditch that and join us in D2!