Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat > Serious Discussion

Old 26-05-20, 09:22 PM
Advanced Member

congratulations

Old 26-05-20, 09:29 PM
News Guru

Thank you all for your congratulations and well wishes. It means a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Congrats man.. I was at least expecting to be on your knee in an uruhara hat
Telling the truth here. I did buy a Urahara hat with my first payslip as a writer for the website. Seemed appropriate.

When I first went over to the Island to see TTL (5 years ago), I brought the hat with me. See if he recognised the hat alone. I think I chickened out and decided not to wear it as I got closer to his house though. A missed opportunity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by looz View Post
Congratulations WYP! What a way to break quarantine
In Northern Ireland, you can meet with 4-6 people outside (if they aren't from the same household) if social distance (2 meters) is maintained. But yeah, we did break the rules by breaking social distance.

I knew I was going to propose, so that rule went out the window as soon as we sat down for the picnic. Ain't nobody gonna criticise the newly engaged couple for breaking the social distancing rules.

Today was the first day that no new deaths of COVID-19 have been confirmed in Northern Ireland. Hopefully that means that some of the rules will slacken soon. Hopefully that will give us enough wriggle room to visit our families, both of which live nowhere near Belfast.
Old 26-05-20, 10:04 PM
OC3D Elite

Congrats matey and also congrats on the job

https://valid.x86.fr/6w9bi0
Old 26-05-20, 10:12 PM
OC3D Elite

Man you look like Alex Banks ! without the splendid moustache

Old 26-05-20, 11:19 PM
Resident Newb

Condolences... but congrats on the job

Old 26-05-20, 11:25 PM
OC3D Elite

Congratulations dude I wish you both much happiness and long life together!
Coolermaster H500P White ARGB=AMD Ryzen 3700X=MSI MPG X570 Gaming Pro Carbon WiFi=Intel Optane SSD 9 480GB PCIE=32gig 3600Mhz White Dom Plats RGB= Sapphire RX5700XT Nitro Plus=Coolermaster ML360R ARGB=MSI Optix MPG341CQR=MSI GK80 Vigor=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Roccat AIMO White=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with RBG strip=Windows 10 Pro=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=Razer Firefly RGB CE
Old 29-05-20, 10:27 AM
OC3D Elite

Anyone else feeling really on edge with everything going on?

Since the lockdown has started I haven't been able to see my partner because she's on 12 week isolation for being extremely vulnerable and we don't live at the same address yet. I've been having to pull at least 50 hours a week working because some of my work colleagues are off isolating as well.

But the way the public expect us to be perfect all the time is really, really, making me mad. Every little thing is making me feel like snapping and dishing out the same grief they've been giving us. I genuinely feel like I'm at my wit's end now.
Old 29-05-20, 10:52 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0ggles1994 View Post
Anyone else feeling really on edge with everything going on?

Since the lockdown has started I haven't been able to see my partner because she's on 12 week isolation for being extremely vulnerable and we don't live at the same address yet. I've been having to pull at least 50 hours a week working because some of my work colleagues are off isolating as well.

But the way the public expect us to be perfect all the time is really, really, making me mad. Every little thing is making me feel like snapping and dishing out the same grief they've been giving us. I genuinely feel like I'm at my wit's end now.
Not sure where you are located but if its UK... I have never seen such careless disregard for what's going on.

I laughed at a BBC interview of a woman who drove 1.5 hours to get to the beach, only to complain to the BBC that there were too many people there. "why aren't they home isolating themselves" It's this sheer magnitude of stupidity that is the reason we still have to islolate.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ead-virus.html

I have actually returned to the office but only 25% of desks are available. Gyms are still closed but things are gradually returning.

However looking again at UK.. I keep getting news updates of XXX deaths in 24hours. It's like its not ending there at all.
Old 29-05-20, 11:20 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Not sure where you are located but if its UK... I have never seen such careless disregard for what's going on.

I laughed at a BBC interview of a woman who drove 1.5 hours to get to the beach, only to complain to the BBC that there were too many people there. "why aren't they home isolating themselves" It's this sheer magnitude of stupidity that is the reason we still have to islolate.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ead-virus.html

I have actually returned to the office but only 25% of desks are available. Gyms are still closed but things are gradually returning.

However looking again at UK.. I keep getting news updates of XXX deaths in 24hours. It's like its not ending there at all.
Yep, it's UK, how did you guess?

It's really annoying me how people are just acting with complete disregard, even if the goverment had the best response possible, people would still ignore it, then blame the goverment for the deaths. I'm not defending the goverment's response in the slightest, but this the level of brilliance we have to work with, and the same brilliance I'm dealing with at my work as well.

That beach thing, that just summed it up perfectly, I've never seen such a perfect example of pot kettle in my life.
Old 29-05-20, 11:43 AM
OC3D Elite

Seen a few of those look at all these people videos totally oblivious to the fact that they are part of the problem, had a bloke post about my local high street while filming himself being close to others complaining people aren't keeping the 2m rule.
Sames been pointed out about Dominic cummings and the press all packed like sardines around him while complaining about his misdemeanor.
RAM: 2x 8GB CORSAIR VENGENCE LED
GPU: Gigabyte white 2070
PSU: Corsair Rm850x