Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Project Logs & Gallery > Desk & Work Area

Old 25-03-20, 08:41 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalabur50 View Post
Peeps, Peeps try and remember there's good bad chairs and bad good chairs, what's important is that you get the chair that's right for you
Exactly. It irks me a little when im told my chair will mess up my back when its done the opposite.

Old 25-03-20, 08:51 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Exactly. It irks me a little when im told my chair will mess up my back when its done the opposite.

In all the time I had the T2 my back felt amazing, REALLY comfortable, I could sit and game for 10+ hours easily if I wanted.

My brand new replacement gets delivered tomorrow by DHL, I'll use it for as long as it lasts and when I've saved up a bit of cash I'll get one of those proper leather reinforced steel chonky chungus chairs.

Old 25-03-20, 10:26 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Same. My SL Titan has helped me too, albeit not as much as most people. I had a super expensive chair before from an office and while comfortable, SL is just better. It forces you to stay in the correct position better and that helps with your longevity when sitting for hours a day. I sit in my chair from 0800 to 1700 every weekday.
Old 26-03-20, 08:20 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Same. My SL Titan has helped me too, albeit not as much as most people. I had a super expensive chair before from an office and while comfortable, SL is just better. It forces you to stay in the correct position better and that helps with your longevity when sitting for hours a day. I sit in my chair from 0800 to 1700 every weekday.
Mine has actually helped my lordosis. I developed Lordosis because of office working hours, and too much focus on deadlifts (imbalance with strong glute, hip flexor muscles and weak abs, pulled my spine back), and this chair has helped correct it massively.

I still have lordosis, but its gone from hyper to a mild case which is just common in many people.
Old 26-03-20, 08:56 AM
OC3D Elite

Since having my SL Omega I no longer wake up out of bed needing a medieval rack to stretch me as my back was so stiff.

Build Log: http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=72241

“If you knew the magnificence of the three, six and nine, you would have a key to the universe.” – Nikola Tesla

Old 26-03-20, 06:27 PM
OC3D Elite

One factor very few people talk about is not being taught HOW to sit properly. If you've ever had a good ergonomic assessment, that teaches you a TON. I'm lucky enough to be able to get stuff like that at work, and it was a real eye opener. I had a lady watch me sit, take pics, notes, etc. Then she made a bunch of changes to my chair, had me re-sit and took more pics, then compared the two sets of pics. She also did a great job of explaining the changes she made to the chair, and why she made them. I wish every one of you guys, young and old, could do that. What an eye opening experience.

Old 26-03-20, 09:05 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post
One factor very few people talk about is not being taught HOW to sit properly. If you've ever had a good ergonomic assessment, that teaches you a TON. I'm lucky enough to be able to get stuff like that at work, and it was a real eye opener. I had a lady watch me sit, take pics, notes, etc. Then she made a bunch of changes to my chair, had me re-sit and took more pics, then compared the two sets of pics. She also did a great job of explaining the changes she made to the chair, and why she made them. I wish every one of you guys, young and old, could do that. What an eye opening experience.
Its common in companies for someone to do that. Especially if the chairs you have at the office are poor. It also covers companies from being sued if said chairs can be proven to be poor. That way they can then say "we hired a professional to teach you how to sit, its not our fault"

Either way, yes its good to have such people going around doing that.
Old 26-03-20, 09:29 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post
I hated it at first. Most do, my cousin said she had the same issue with her chair the company bought her because her back is messed up. My Humanscale literally forced you to sit properly. If you didn't it would tip backward lol. Taught me a lot that. I had a four hour session on HL2 last night with no problems.