Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Project Logs & Gallery > Project Logs

Old 21-05-09, 02:01 PM

Hmm I was wondering what you guys would suggest in terms of preformance when it comes to Waterblocks.. I am quite new to PC watercooling. I know there are a lot of makes and quite a few benches online, I would rather hear it from you guys though! thanks .

Do not worry about filling up the thread :P project taking a while so I will probably re post the pics again later on . Just wanted to give everyone an idea of what is happening, also any ideas are welcome

Old 21-05-09, 03:40 PM
OC3D Elite

Two best blocks at the moment are the Swifttech GTZ and the XSPC Delta V3... The V3 is cheaper and has better flow while the GTZ is more expensive, is more restrictive and has very marginally better temps..
CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4700mhz - 47 x 100MHz Mobo: MSI P67A GD65 GPU: EVGA GTX 570 RAM: 2 x 4GB Mushkin LV 1.35v 1600MHz DDR3 HDD: 3 x 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3's Case: CoolerMaster ATCS 840 - Custom House of Kolor paint job. PSU: Corsair HX750 Cooling: Custom WC - XSPC Delta V3, PA120.3, DDC Ultra with XSPC Res Top, 3/8" XSPC UV Green Tubing over 1/2" Barbs OS: Windows 7 Enterprise Edition 64-Bit
Old 22-05-09, 04:24 PM

Everyone seems to be getting fantastic results with the HeatKiller V3! I would highly suggest that you really look in to that waterblock for the CPU.

As far as the motherboard chipset waterblocks go you would really have to decide on a mobo first, before I can recommend anything and it's great that you're not even considering graphics yet since they do tend to change rather fast.

Seems like it's going to be a massive build can't wait to see more.
Old 22-05-09, 08:02 PM

Yeah I can't wait to continue this beast!. Waiting to get a reply for those perspex sheets for the panels.. then Have to build the brackets for the Mobo and Drives / controllers ... lighting etc.

This is gonna take a while! but its gonna be worth it