Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 19-02-18, 02:31 PM
tinytomlogan's Avatar
tinytomlogan tinytomlogan is offline
The Guvnor
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: TTL Towers
Posts: 20,797
Corsair K63, Lapboard and Dark Core Unplug and Play Review



Corsair have just released a range of products which work harmoniously together to free you from your cables. We take a look.


Corsair K63, Lapboard and Dark Core Unplug and Play Review

__________________
If you recommend a product LINK THE REVIEW


Get along or run along. Your choice
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 19-02-18, 06:05 PM
Avet's Avatar
Avet Avet is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 842
Cup of tea Tom? It needs a proper beer holder. Say it like a man.

If i needed something like this i would be using LapDog probably, but i see where Corsair was going. This one is much more practical.

The only thing i don't like is the blue light. I really don't like when manufacturers decide for you. Even if the blue was more popular color i think they would sell more if it was white.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 19-02-18, 07:16 PM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 12,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avet View Post
Cup of tea Tom? It needs a proper beer holder. Say it like a man.

If i needed something like this i would be using LapDog probably, but i see where Corsair was going. This one is much more practical.

The only thing i don't like is the blue light. I really don't like when manufacturers decide for you. Even if the blue was more popular color i think they would sell more if it was white.
Well, using blue LEDs makes sense as blue LEDs use less power than other colours. So from a battery conservation standpoint I can see why they went blue.

That being said an RGB option would have been nice, even if it was more of a battery drain.
__________________
One of these days I'll change my name to Mark Bench
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 20-02-18, 09:00 AM
Warchild Warchild is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway, Oslo
Posts: 4,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
Well, using blue LEDs makes sense as blue LEDs use less power than other colours. So from a battery conservation standpoint I can see why they went blue.

That being said an RGB option would have been nice, even if it was more of a battery drain.
Don't even think about it!...

2017 was the year of the RGB. 2018 is year of the "lets hope RGB dies"
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 21-02-18, 12:17 AM
Digikid Digikid is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Don't even think about it!...

2017 was the year of the RGB. 2018 is year of the "lets hope RGB dies"
Nope. we NEED MORE RGB!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 21-02-18, 12:51 AM
Avet's Avatar
Avet Avet is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Don't even think about it!...

2017 was the year of the RGB. 2018 is year of the "lets hope RGB dies"
RGB is good. You can easily change the color of your rig, or turn it off. The only thing I don't like is those rainbow effects. That is too flashy, and somehow inappropriate. But someone likes that.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 21-02-18, 01:02 AM
tannji tannji is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 103
The biggest aggravation of my new build was trying to avoid or reduce RGB, lol.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 21-02-18, 08:03 AM
tinytomlogan's Avatar
tinytomlogan tinytomlogan is offline
The Guvnor
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: TTL Towers
Posts: 20,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by tannji View Post
The biggest aggravation of my new build was trying to avoid or reduce RGB, lol.
Just disable them then.... easy.
__________________
If you recommend a product LINK THE REVIEW


Get along or run along. Your choice
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 21-02-18, 09:56 AM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 12,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Don't even think about it!...

2017 was the year of the RGB. 2018 is year of the "lets hope RGB dies"
I understand that, but I do like the fact that RGB provides users with options. As Tom said, if you don't like it you can disable it, or just set it to a static colour of your choice.
__________________
One of these days I'll change my name to Mark Bench
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 21-02-18, 11:28 AM
Dawelio's Avatar
Dawelio Dawelio is offline
Previously Chrazey
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Scandinavia
Posts: 4,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
I understand that, but I do like the fact that RGB provides users with options. As Tom said, if you don't like it you can disable it, or just set it to a static colour of your choice.
^ This... Honestly though, I don’t get what people have against RGB? It’s a feature that you get, which you can customize to your own liking and personal preference. Hence why I have RGB on most of my stuff that I put to the same blue colour, as I love black and blue theme. And if you don’t like it, you can always disable it.

As with white though. like someone suggested, that is something which is solid and not a ”feature” which you can disable. And I don’t personally like white colour on components, hence why it’d be ruined for me.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 11:43 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.