Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat > Rants
Closed Thread

Old 11-04-16, 12:04 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to MrKambo
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
Maybe I should start accepting handouts....

Old 11-04-16, 12:05 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
TinyTomTechTips

Kinda works actually :P
Old 11-04-16, 12:06 PM
The Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadShadow View Post
TinyTomTechTips

Kinda works actually :P
that makes me feel dirty
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | i7-8700k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz DDR4 | nVidia RTX 2080Ti | Creative Audigy Rx | 1Tb Samsung 970 EVO+ M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 QVO | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM850 | Fractal Define S | Noctua NH-U14S | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro

Notice: Don't feed the trolls!
Old 11-04-16, 12:13 PM
News Guru

Quote:
I'd only go for it if the money was going towards stuff that really helped OC3D to deliver more and varying content.

There is plenty of stuff that simply cannot be done because the time it would take to produce is not worth the number of views we could get. As much as we enjoy our work it is all worthless if the rent can't get paid.
Old 11-04-16, 12:26 PM
OC3D Elite

You know you want to see Tom review a $1k HDMI cable :-)
Old 11-04-16, 11:31 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
It's a business. You need to be profitable - or at least break even so yeah it should be considered the same as any income stream and like WYP said the rent's gotta be paid.

I love the fact that ads here aren't in your face and hijacking your browser. I don't see anything wrong with having a donate button or even affiliate links as long as they don't conflict with your main sponsors.

I think it's an English thing maybe - much like Aussies we don't like to ask for help it seems a bit undignified. Just a cultural thing maybe the North Americans (yes Canada as well) have a different take on it.

Old 12-04-16, 02:11 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimma47 View Post
It's a business. You need to be profitable - or at least break even so yeah it should be considered the same as any income stream and like WYP said the rent's gotta be paid.

I love the fact that ads here aren't in your face and hijacking your browser. I don't see anything wrong with having a donate button or even affiliate links as long as they don't conflict with your main sponsors.

I think it's an English thing maybe - much like Aussies we don't like to ask for help it seems a bit undignified. Just a cultural thing maybe the North Americans (yes Canada as well) have a different take on it.
Nope we hate handouts just as well.
Although if it genuinely helps in this case, I don't see a problem with it provided that it goes to say better cameras, audio gear, lights, etc. As long as the person receiving these donations are actively communicating and relaying what the money is being used for, I don't mind helping. It's just when LTT takes this way to far and begs for money almost everywhere..
Old 12-04-16, 02:18 AM
OC3D Elite

Simplest way is to follow the Tek Syndicate model IMO they have done it correctly and there not begging for money (They might do it but it's in joke form) the only time they ever talk about it is on The Tek never ever in a product review video.
Old 12-04-16, 11:48 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by notcool View Post
Just sounds like Britain today with cheap labour from Eastern Europe that's why we must vote to leave the EU in June. Brits aren't lazy the fruit was still being picked before 2004 and the NHS was still running fine.

Linus was good in the beginning, did some useful NCIX guide videos but he really lost the plot and became too big for his boots.
I agree Linus was good before the fame went to his head I quite enjoyed his earlier videos but I have not watched him recently. As a brit I was always taught to stand on my own two feet and not ask for handouts etc although I did get a motherboard from the generous TTL. I am nearly half a century old so I put it down to "old fashioned morals" but any handout I ever get I was always taught to be grateful that somebody has given it to me and they did not have to.

Build Log: http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=72241

“If you knew the magnificence of the three, six and nine, you would have a key to the universe.” – Nikola Tesla

Old 13-04-16, 02:14 AM
OC3D Elite

AMD R5 1600X @ 4.0 GHz ••• Asus ROG Strix X370-F ••• Corsair H110i
Corsair 500R ••• EVGA Supernova G3 750 ••• Corsair Vengeance 16GB
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB x2 ••• Nvidia RTX 2070 FE
Samsung 840 Evo 250GB ••• Acer Predator XB272 @ 240 Hz
Razer Huntsman Mini ••• Razer DeathAdder V2
Closed Thread