Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > New Build Advice

Old 15-11-18, 10:24 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobM View Post
dont waste your cash on the X chips unless you are gonna install and forget about it, the 2600 and 2700s will clock up pretty well and are a lot cheaper than their X parts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avet View Post
That is ok price. If it does everything you need it to. I don't see why not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by looz View Post
I mean buying any Nvidia card supports RTX series. But if you can get a good deal on a 1080 Ti, go for it.

WoW really likes good single core performance btw, but if you're CPU streaming, Intel CPUs are cost prohibitive as you want 8700k or 9700k for that.
So here is something to fight over. Dell has their Dell 27 Gaming Monitor - S2719DGF Free Sync monitor at a massive discount. Its G Sync cousin is 599 and it is 350 basically. They have literally the exact same specs otherwise. Is it worth? Im thinking that is very worth to just kind of ditch gsync.

Old 15-11-18, 11:13 PM
AMD Enthusiast

I got the Gsync version for $300. So for me it was a steal and cheaper than the freesync version.
Old 15-11-18, 11:23 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwarfAdigginAhole View Post
So here is something to fight over. Dell has their Dell 27 Gaming Monitor - S2719DGF Free Sync monitor at a massive discount. Its G Sync cousin is 599 and it is 350 basically. They have literally the exact same specs otherwise. Is it worth? Im thinking that is very worth to just kind of ditch gsync.
Might we worth it to wait and see what Black Friday deals come up. You might get a G-Sync monitor for cheap.
Old 30-11-18, 06:05 AM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
I got the Gsync version for $300. So for me it was a steal and cheaper than the freesync version.
So I got the GSync version on sale. Do you have a particular color calibration profile you would suggest? I understand most color related things are a bit subjective but it never hurts to ask. I heard this monitor needs a decent calibration before you get your money's worth.
Old 30-11-18, 12:52 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
So I got the GSync version on sale. Do you have a particular color calibration profile you would suggest? I understand most color related things are a bit subjective but it never hurts to ask. I heard this monitor needs a decent calibration before you get your money's worth.
Try here

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/...htm#comparison

ignore the monitor link, I used it to find the site quicker. Just see if you can find yours.
Old 30-11-18, 06:16 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_s2716dg.htm
Old 14-02-19, 07:46 AM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
So after messing around with the monitor I cannot seem to get the color accuracy where I want it. It's red balance always seems to heavy and every time I try to mess with it it just never gets to a point that it is like my current laptop. Anyone have any self calibration tips for this monitor?