Go Back   OC3D Forums
View Single Post
Old 01-10-16, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
No they shouldn't. It's not consumers job to be happy with delays, delays in this case being multiple features over a very long time. The fact is as I have said multiple times to you, they have delayed everything and added all the promised work from stretch goals while NONE of it has even been delivered. You still can't even fly all the ships yet. Yet they introduce more and more to be purchased just to sit there in the hangar collecting dust(artificially of course). 4 years of development and only few months ago they released a module for people to play.
Sure your "expertise" counts for something in many fields, no one is arguing that. However it doesn't override the facts nor 100% apply to this particular case. You can say whatever you want about your experience and what your knowledge about it lets you. However again it doesn't change what has happened over 4 years and the fact that 2 different actual Game Developers here on this forum have said regular Software Devlopment and Game Development are very different, which I would agree with as a person studying in this field. There experience in the field and who have shipped released games, mean more than yours. No hard feelings here and nothing aimed at you. Just putting the facts out there.

I'll stop posting here though, i'm just repeating myself now sooo i'd rather not spam the thread
Saying none if it has been delivered is undeniably, categorically false:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/funding-goals

The whole list hasn't been ticked off, but claiming nothing that was promised has been delivered is simply a lie. Also I think you don't actually know what the SC timeline has been as on June 4th 2014 Arena Commander was released...Maybe taking the time to understand what's on offer would be better than bashing a game you seem not to know much about.

No one has ever stated why software development and game development are different. Considering the former pays phenomenally more money, I'm sticking to my guns that it's due to an archaic approach by current game companies - if you're not going to pay good salaries, you're not going to get a high calibre of staff. No, their experience doesn't mean more - that's a very, very naive view of software development and project management, with the latter being entirely transferable across industries making any "but that's X, not Y" argument redundant.