Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 05-09-17, 08:32 AM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,430
Warner Bros states that they won't profit from Shadow of War's Forthog DLC

It is unknown what will happen to money raised outside of select US States.



Read more on Shadow of War's Forthog Orc-Slayer DLC.

__________________
I'm not saying that 1984 is a bad book, but the dystopia we are currently living in has much better worldbuilding.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-09-17, 08:42 AM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is offline
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Valhalla
Posts: 13,278
Would like it if they could clarify more. Tired of hearing all this BS about how they are another example of how terrible game devs are and worse how they are all greedy looking to profit off gamers etc.
Gets old quick.
__________________
"I would have followed you, my Captain, my King."
- Boromir's last words.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-09-17, 09:46 AM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Would like it if they could clarify more. Tired of hearing all this BS about how they are another example of how terrible game devs are and worse how they are all greedy looking to profit off gamers etc.
Gets old quick.
Yeah, additional clarity would be nice.

What isn't helping is the group of so-called "industry Analyst" YouTubers that will fan any controversy for clicks. We all know that most of them know nothing more than most people who follow the scene.
__________________
I'm not saying that 1984 is a bad book, but the dystopia we are currently living in has much better worldbuilding.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-09-17, 09:49 AM
sedontane sedontane is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
What isn't helping is the group of so-called "industry Analyst" YouTubers that will fan any controversy for clicks.
That said, I and most people (I think) wouldn't have spotted the smallprint legalese without them. I didn't see it until TB mentioned it... though I don't think he is "fanning it for clicks.... I suspect you are referring to a more inflammatory crowd.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-09-17, 11:02 AM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedontane View Post
That said, I and most people (I think) wouldn't have spotted the smallprint legalese without them. I didn't see it until TB mentioned it... though I don't think he is "fanning it for clicks.... I suspect you are referring to a more inflammatory crowd.
TB is one of the few people who I know is not fanning for clicks. He only weighs in when he has something constructive to say about the subject.

He knows that his knowledge on the subject is limited and doesn't pretend to know anything more than he does. TB doesn't usually profit from those videos either, especially in cases where there is an obvious cause to donate the revenue to.

I have lots of respect for TB in this regard, he is one of the few that cares more about the industry than farming it for clicks.
__________________
I'm not saying that 1984 is a bad book, but the dystopia we are currently living in has much better worldbuilding.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-09-17, 04:27 PM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is offline
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Valhalla
Posts: 13,278
TB is the one who bother me the most in this situation. His video was an emotional response. Not a well researched or thought out video. Just responding because of how he felt. He's the reason why this became such a big deal in the first place since he has a large following. Everybody was ok with it until he made his video. Now the whole world is angry.
__________________
"I would have followed you, my Captain, my King."
- Boromir's last words.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-09-17, 04:42 PM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
TB is the one who bother me the most in this situation. His video was an emotional response. Not a well researched or thought out video. Just responding because of how he felt. He's the reason why this became such a big deal in the first place since he has a large following. Everybody was ok with it until he made his video. Now the whole world is angry.
I'll agree that it wasn't well researched, but it was a huge problem before he made his video.

The reddit threads on this subject were a toxic mess before his video was released. Even so, his video did make it more public.

IMHO this thing was always going to be a mess and that is down to Warner Bros. They needed to be a lot clearer about this DLC and where the money went on a global level. They should have known that some people would read the fine print and demand answers.
__________________
I'm not saying that 1984 is a bad book, but the dystopia we are currently living in has much better worldbuilding.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-09-17, 04:53 PM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is offline
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Valhalla
Posts: 13,278
Game had GOTY potential. But ironically gamers ruined it on their own before it even released. Seriously bothers me how toxic this community is. I game for fun. But I come in and it's like facing the leftists in the real world and they ruin the fun.

Think we both really want WB to clarify. There hand has been forced and they need to get on it yesterday.
__________________
"I would have followed you, my Captain, my King."
- Boromir's last words.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-09-17, 05:21 PM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Game had GOTY potential. But ironically gamers ruined it on their own before it even released. Seriously bothers me how toxic this community is. I game for fun. But I come in and it's like facing the leftists in the real world and they ruin the fun.

Think we both really want WB to clarify. There hand has been forced and they need to get on it yesterday.
Indeed, there is a lot of people that have problems with the DLC for a game that isn't even out yet. It is silly really.

As much as people say that the drop rates for items and game progression may have been altered to make payments more attractive, THE GAME IS NOT OUT YET!!! People can't make authoritative statements like that without proof.

I could understand people getting annoyed after the game is out, but nobody has even played it yet.

This is making me think of Mass Effect Andromeda, a game that everyone I know who played it liked it and doesn't understand why there is so much hate for it online. Most of them understand and agree with a lot of the criticisms but then tell me that they still enjoyed the game and wanted single player DLC. ME:A is a literal case where the hate killed the game.
__________________
I'm not saying that 1984 is a bad book, but the dystopia we are currently living in has much better worldbuilding.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-09-17, 05:36 PM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is offline
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Valhalla
Posts: 13,278
I never played ME:A as I was never really a fan of ME, but this game does seem to be going down that path.

People get mad that games are to expensive and DLC's are out of control. Funny enough it's gamers fault. How they act like children demanding free stuff or doing things like this and just hating on a specific game over stupid reasons causes publishers/studios to start having to create different ways to monetize games because they become exponentially more expensive due to the high risk gamers create themselves in this community.
__________________
"I would have followed you, my Captain, my King."
- Boromir's last words.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 02:03 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.