Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Suggestions

Old 26-05-13, 01:54 PM

Question What new keyboard will release in this Summer? :O

Hello , do you guys know which website can check the release date of new keyboards?
Actually I'm looking for a new mechanical keyboard but then the salesman told me that lots of new keyboard gonna release in August 2013..
But I can't wait for so long !!
Can somebody let me know which keyboards gonna release in August 2013??
Thank youuu.. ))

Old 26-05-13, 01:58 PM
OC3D Elite

there really is no need to wait if you can just get one of these
Old 27-05-13, 12:35 AM

Thanks for your suggestion.. But that kind of keyboard is too simple.. No handrest no backlit , no design.. :\
Old 27-05-13, 12:49 AM

If you get a palm rest, you can use it with any keyboard. Backlit's either come at a cost in that the board will be made cheaper and therefore crappier, or you pay for a good board with backlit keys and it costs alot. I dont really understand the design aspect. A keyboard is a keyboard.
Old 27-05-13, 12:50 AM
Banned

The Corsair K95 will be releasing soon.
Old 27-05-13, 02:33 AM
OC3D Elite

Sounds like you are like me. Im a sucker for gaming keyboards and things like that. I love backlighting, macro keys and all the gimmicky things that make them look cool. The two keyboards I have are the Logitech G510 and the Razer BlackWidow Ultimate and I rotate between them every few weeks for a change of pace but find myself on the Razer a lot more because I love the feel of Cherry Blues.

Logitech has the G710+ which is a mechanical but with backlighting and most of the features of the G510 and G19 but no LCD screen. I actually like the LCD because while its kind of cheesy I use it often either with the stock CPU/RAM meter or the FRAPS applet that not only displays the current fps but also a real time graph which is kind of useful. After hitting a new overclock, Ill use the Core Temp applet to monitor temps in game.

I don't know of any other new keyboards coming out with backlighting and such because manufacturers usually wont comment on products yet to be released. There were several trying to get info out of Logitech on their forums about if they were coming out with a mechanical G510 (which would be the perfect keyboard IMO) but they kept saying no comment right up to the time the 710+ was released.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X ••• Asus ROG Strix X370-F ••• Corsair H110i
Corsair 500R ••• EVGA Supernova G3 750 ••• Corsair Vengeance 32GB
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB x2 ••• Nvidia RTX 2070 FE
Samsung 840 Evo 250GB ••• Acer Predator XB272 @ 240 Hz
Logitech G Pro X TKL ••• Logitech G Pro mouse
Old 27-05-13, 04:42 AM
OC3D Elite

i would prefer the simple style of a leopold keyboard anytime over a gaming keyboard. The backlight is more annoying than helpful (i never look at my keys anyways) and the macrokeys make it look completely overloaded. They are also useless for anyone who isnt into wow.
A palmrest you can buy from them as well.
I havent liked a single corsair keyboard yet. They look scarred and cheap.
But that is all personal preference of course.
Old 27-05-13, 04:59 AM
OC3D Elite

I look at my keys all the time. I can type pretty fast but I only use the first 2 fingers of each hand. What can I say, Im a beer truck driver, not a professional typist.

The backlighting is useful to me cause my computer room is usually dimly lit and when staring at the bright monitor then looking down to find the right key every once in a while, the backlighting really helps. Plus it looks cool as ! Like I said, I admit to being a sucker for cool looking gear.

The macro keys are useful for a lot of games and not just WOW. On my BlackWidow, I have them set for volume keys with one being the mute button. I also use them in games as well for some things like in Crysis when the N for nanovision is kinda hard for me to hit so I have one of the macro keys set for that. There are a couple other games where I use it too.

Again, I totally agree that gaming keyboard features are not necessary and mostly gimmicky but Im in this thing for the fun of it and I think cool looking gear with cool looking play pretties on it is part of the fun.

Old 27-05-13, 07:24 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacLeod View Post
I look at my keys all the time. I can type pretty fast but I only use the first 2 fingers of each hand. What can I say, Im a beer truck driver, not a professional typist.
well, okay that make sense. i am typing an awful lot, so i dont even look down at my keyboard, i find it easier to just look at the text directly, that way i can spot mistakes faster.

Quote:
The macro keys are useful for a lot of games and not just WOW. On my BlackWidow, I have them set for volume keys with one being the mute button.
either i adjust the volume on my headset or i just use a macro like shift+f8. not having macro keys doesnt mean you can't have macros

Quote:
I also use them in games as well for some things like in Crysis when the N for nanovision is kinda hard for me to hit so I have one of the macro keys set for that. There are a couple other games where I use it too.
you know you can remap keys, right?
Old 27-05-13, 02:12 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekaX View Post
well, okay that make sense. i am typing an awful lot, so i dont even look down at my keyboard, i find it easier to just look at the text directly, that way i can spot mistakes faster.
Don't get me wrong, Im not bumbling and stumbling alone. I can usually bang out 60-70 wpm pretty routinely but its when I go to hit a number or symbol that's off the beaten path, that's when I need to glance down to make sure Im getting where Im supposed to. And since all I do aside from gaming is post on forums so Im usually starting and stopping, looking for the bracket keys, figuring things up on the calculator and stuff so never looking at the keyboard doesn't work for me.

Quote:
i adjust the volume on my headset or i just use a macro like shift+f8. not having macro keys doesnt mean you can't have macros
Yeah my BlackWidow has volume keys thru the Fn+F1, 2 and 3 keys but I prefer a 1 button setup. Mainly I want the mute button on 1 key because Ive got a 3 year old boy that's always running in wanting something or the wife yelling at me from the other room and its just nice to be able to hit the bottom macro key to mute everything. Im not saying these are things I cant live without but theyre nice little conveniences that I prefer to have. I agree with you that too many macro keys are a little pointless like the billion you get on my G510. 1 single row of 5 is more than plenty.

Quote:
you know you can remap keys, right?
Yeah but in Crysis for example, all the keys around the WASD keys are already taken for the most part. I have big hands but stubby fingers and like all me keys close as possible to the WASD cluster and reaching all the way over to hit the N key to bring up nanovision or B for binoculars is a pain. I can bind it to the top 2 macro keys is a lot easier for me to reach over there with my pinky and hit when I need them quick.

Trust me, I spent the first 25 years of PC gaming with basic office type keyboards and only within the last 3 years started using gaming keyboards so I know how to make due with them. Im not saying gaming keyboard features are necessities, but they are nice conveniences to have and I see no reason not to use them. And again, this is a hobby I do for fun so I like having cool looking gear with cool features and play pretties to mess around with.