Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Cooling Forum > Cooling - Other

Old 21-10-21, 07:02 PM
OC3D Crew

I use a small fan board it has 12v 7v and 5v sockets for the fans set it up done nice and simple

Old 21-10-21, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post
These days you can do it with your motherboard, LOL! Well depending on board. These days I don't even bother overthinking fan curves anymore. It's "much ado about nothing" IMO, but I know I can set a different target for the fan curve on my Aorus Master X570, but not on the main CPU fan header, only on the OPT one. That's the trick.
yeah but that can reference your water temp... and it can't drive 3 fans per header... and I like to have my fans completely off during light load use (except 1 intake and 1 exhaust at really low rpm) mostly to keep dust build up slower cause the PC is in a relatively dusty location.

but other than that motherboard fan controls are pretty good these days, I agree
Old 22-10-21, 09:35 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmmilk View Post
yeah but that can reference your water temp... and it can't drive 3 fans per header... and I like to have my fans completely off during light load use (except 1 intake and 1 exhaust at really low rpm) mostly to keep dust build up slower cause the PC is in a relatively dusty location.

but other than that motherboard fan controls are pretty good these days, I agree
Motherboard fan controllers are fantastic these days. Its the software that is atrocious. I think nothing can compare to Aquasuite right now.

Running multiple fans on one header is also no longer a problem on select boards designed for watercooling. My philosophy behind it all though, is to have as few cables connected to the mobo as possible. It just clutters the case.

Although for me, running 8 fans on 1 header might be an issue on anyboard
Old 22-10-21, 11:43 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Some motherboards also have specific fan headers that provide more than 1 amp of power, like Asus provides 3 amps I believe, which is more than enough for multiple fans. Though I wouldn't want to daisy chain all my fans off one header still.

Usually the Pump header also provides more than 1 amp, but in the case of custom loops can also be used for fans. There's many options these days.