Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Forum Teams > Redline Folding @ OC3D - 98860

Old 13-05-16, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullshade View Post
Oseth looks good

TTL are you ever gonna start folding again that rig you used to have was a beast?

But i plan to grab two gtx 1080's when they come out to fold with so in addition with the gtx 980 ti should put out some good numbers
It's always exciting when new top end cards come out. I'm going to hold off for a bit though, try to at least. Be sure to post results here when the cards do come out. There are almost always issues with folding when a new architecture comes out.

Old 13-05-16, 06:55 PM
Resident Newb

I just joined the OC3D folding team, Leaving my machine on overnight all at stock clocks and low voltage to fold away

Old 14-05-16, 11:07 AM
The Guvnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullshade View Post
Oseth looks good

TTL are you ever gonna start folding again that rig you used to have was a beast?

But i plan to grab two gtx 1080's when they come out to fold with so in addition with the gtx 980 ti should put out some good numbers

Possibly, its been complicated here lately with all the work and moving. Any rig on all the time would have just ended up looking like the inside of a hoover.

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 16-05-16, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
I just joined the OC3D folding team, Leaving my machine on overnight all at stock clocks and low voltage to fold away
Good to have you, Dicehunter, welcome to the team.

Old 16-05-16, 08:51 PM
OC3D Elite

I will hopefully be back in the mix too got most of my bits now, well enough to get folding with so once I have downloaded the latest client and set it up I will be playing again.

Old 16-05-16, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Welcome to the Team man
Old 17-05-16, 12:11 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Welcome!
I had to downclock mine or it's like having the heating turned up all night. I couldn't fold at all over summer it was ridiculous but that's the downside of living in a 2 bedroom apartment and not watercooling.

Old 17-05-16, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmblah View Post
It's always exciting when new top end cards come out. I'm going to hold off for a bit though, try to at least. Be sure to post results here when the cards do come out. There are almost always issues with folding when a new architecture comes out.
I'll be sure to post the numbers when I get them will be per-ordering two cause .... "Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal." - Albert Einstein
Old 19-05-16, 08:14 PM
OC3D Elite

Got all excited, up and running client kicked in and temps shot through the roof. Will have to do some checking this weekend to see why but even at 50% load I am hitting 80c !!!! Looks like I am stripping down my new build.

Old 19-05-16, 08:35 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimma47 View Post
Welcome!
I had to downclock mine or it's like having the heating turned up all night. I couldn't fold at all over summer it was ridiculous but that's the downside of living in a 2 bedroom apartment and not watercooling.
I just change the CPU clocks and voltages to stock and volts sub stock, Change max usage to 99% in the control panel, Put all the sliders to the left in Afterburner for the GPU and then leave it on overnight.

Tried with the overclocks on but it doesn't make that much difference for the amount of extra fan noise and heat output.