Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Forum Teams > [OC3D] Gaming

Old 08-05-17, 08:35 AM
OC3D Elite

Hmm im skeptical on the validity of that KB result.

Old 08-05-17, 10:10 AM
Advanced Member

PCars OC3D Monthly Challenge

a blink of an eye quicker. lol.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170508110635_1.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	11858  

Steam ID http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198076851533/

And God said to John "come forth and recieve everlasting life " ...... but John came fifth and won a toaster
Old 08-05-17, 10:28 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkersMental View Post
fantastic lap on default settings Warchild. . this mornings effort:

How on earth has the number one spot managed that lap time using keyboard ?
From looking at other users set ups I can see that there have been changes along the way so cars are probably a little slower now. Like suspension settings you can't replicate etc.

Or it was a glitch. Or they're super talented. I used to play REVS on the BBC on keyboard. It was 1985 though...

Old 08-05-17, 11:53 AM
OC3D Elite

The only thing I dislike about project cars when it comes to timetrial like what we are doing now, is the use of ghost cars.

Using a ghost as a pacemaker is a bit of an advantage when it comes to racing lines, outbreaking, etc etc. I know everyone does it so its not advantageous over the next person, but it does allow the copying of others who have put up good times. If you understand my point. If also lets you see where you are making your mistakes when comparing to the ghost car in front of you for example.

I do the same as well using usuall the car in 10th spot so i can at least keep up. Once I hit the top 10 i use 5th place as ghost. etc.

I don't think I would have been able to get my time on a third attempt without using it to be honest.
Old 08-05-17, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
The only thing I dislike about project cars when it comes to timetrial like what we are doing now, is the use of ghost cars.

Using a ghost as a pacemaker is a bit of an advantage when it comes to racing lines, outbreaking, etc etc. I know everyone does it so its not advantageous over the next person, but it does allow the copying of others who have put up good times. If you understand my point. If also lets you see where you are making your mistakes when comparing to the ghost car in front of you for example.

I do the same as well using usuall the car in 10th spot so i can at least keep up. Once I hit the top 10 i use 5th place as ghost. etc.

I don't think I would have been able to get my time on a third attempt without using it to be honest.
What's bad about that? Just because there's a ghost car that can hit the optimal lines it doesn't mean you can. Still requires skill. Also observing a ghost car of an experienced player helps you learn about racing games.
Old 08-05-17, 12:21 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPS View Post
What's bad about that? Just because there's a ghost car that can hit the optimal lines it doesn't mean you can. Still requires skill. Also observing a ghost car of an experienced player helps you learn about racing games.
Wasn't saying we can't achieve the same optimal racing. I just think for a challenge, it should be about finding your own racing line, not following someone who may have spent 100laps to get right, which you mimic and get within 5laps. Again this is just my opinion and maybe I would be raising the bar too high. This would also mean not using your own car as a ghost.

I'll say one thing though, slightly derailing topic. Since getting a wheel, I haven't enjoyed racing games as much as I do now. I wish I had picked one up years ago. Even my partner enjoys her late night rush now. Shame she refuses to join us in the challenge on here If Bonkers can get the times he does now with a controller, I probably wouldnt be able to touch him if he had a wheel.
Old 08-05-17, 12:54 PM
Advanced Member

i tried following ghosts at silverstone but for the last challenge( azuure circuit ) and this one im not. the more i lap Imola the more im liking it. just found a few more tenths.

need to find another 1.3 secs/ish to be the top controller lap time. i think its doable as ive yet to have a clean n tidy lap
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20170508134734_1.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	11859  

And God said to John "come forth and recieve everlasting life " ...... but John came fifth and won a toaster
Old 08-05-17, 01:47 PM
OC3D Elite

quite a gap between 7th and 9th there.
Old 08-05-17, 01:53 PM
Advanced Member

yup. gonna have to put some nitros in me thinks

Old 08-05-17, 09:35 PM
Advanced Member

found over half a sec .
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20170508223228_1.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	11861