Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Project Logs & Gallery > Rig Gallery

Old 31-12-15, 05:44 PM

Finally got round to the new build...!

Hey guys! Been a while since I was last active on here, and after getting Battlefront for Christmas couldn't think of a better time (being off work and all) to finally completely rewire my PC and stick her in a new case.

I don't game as much as I used to so the specs are super great but they're pretty spot on for me - apart from that GPU upgrade on the horizon

Been meaning for a while to do a completely black and red build color coordinated build but over time as moneys allowed I've finally got there!

Rig specs:

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.2GHz
Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-03 with 2 additional Xilence Fans
GA-990FXA-UD3
2x ASUS 6870 2GB @ 955MHz core, 1100MHz memory
16GB Kingston HyperX Red RAM @ 1866MHz
1 x 240GB Kingston HyperX SSD for OS and some games
1TB Seagate drive for everything else
OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W

Will try and get some better pics of the inside as it took a good 2 hours to rewire everything out of sight!

P.S if anyone else is playing Battlefront let me know!

My Rig
Old 01-01-16, 08:37 PM
Hagrid Look-A-Like

Why are your GPU's so close together dude? On a GA-990FXA-UD3 the 2 GPU's should be in the top slot labelled PCIEX16_1 and the other in the slot labelled PCIEX16_2. First off it will provide better bandwidth to the cards and secondly will give room for airflow between the cards. I'm guessing that the top card is getting pretty damn hot right now.
Old 01-01-16, 08:48 PM

Cheers mate, yeah I noticed a difference in heat after booting up and had a look and realised I'd stuck it in the wrong slot.. Will update with some better pics!
Old 02-01-16, 10:10 AM
OC3D Elite

OK

Exactly what resolution will you be pushing with battlefront? Not sure how its multi GPU support is at the moment either..

Watercooling - custom
Old 02-01-16, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiro View Post
OK

Exactly what resolution will you be pushing with battlefront? Not sure how its multi GPU support is at the moment either..
I'm running at 1900x1080. With these cards its 'alright' but only just...

Yeah the multi GPU support isn't great in it. I was getting a fairly similar FPS on the single card..

PSU and CPU cooler are next on the list, considering a RMi 1000w. Then I think its time (overdue!) to retire these cards and get something a bit more upto date!

My Rig
Old 02-01-16, 10:53 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by painejake View Post
I'm running at 1900x1080. With these cards its 'alright' but only just...

Yeah the multi GPU support isn't great in it. I was getting a fairly similar FPS on the single card..

PSU and CPU cooler are next on the list, considering a RMi 1000w. Then I think its time (overdue!) to retire these cards and get something a bit more upto date!
If you want to go with an AIO, have a look at the Fractal Design Kelvin series, depends on if you can get them where you are, also a look at the EVGA PSU's like the EVGA SuperNOVA G2 you get 10 Year Warranty with the cables have a look at CableMod Cables and you can it get in Dual Colours, I wouldn't really buy the Corsair Cable Kits.
Old 02-01-16, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Old School View Post
If you want to go with an AIO, have a look at the Fractal Design Kelvin series, depends on if you can get them where you are, also a look at the EVGA PSU's like the EVGA SuperNOVA G2 you get 10 Year Warranty with the cables have a look at CableMod Cables and you can it get in Dual Colours, I wouldn't really buy the Corsair Cable Kits.
The Kelvin series are reasonably priced! Look quite neat too, thanks dude!

10 year warranty is nice, I'm not sure if pushing to a 1000w will be a bit overkill (though future proofing?), even with possibility of crossfire/sli on the next set of cards down the line I think an 850w will suffice.

My Rig
Old 02-01-16, 11:47 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by painejake View Post
The Kelvin series are reasonably priced! Look quite neat too, thanks dude!

10 year warranty is nice, I'm not sure if pushing to a 1000w will be a bit overkill (though future proofing?), even with possibility of crossfire/sli on the next set of cards down the line I think an 850w will suffice.
Yeah the 10 year warranty is good i'm even thinking of changing my PSU's over to EVGA ones cause of the 10 year warranty.
Old 05-01-16, 05:06 PM

I wish my wiring was as neat
Old 05-01-16, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suggs View Post
I wish my wiring was as neat
Thanks mate appreciate it! I must admit this is the first time I've actually taken care of the wiring as best I could.

Took a good 3 hours to clean the components and wire them into that case. Don't think it's too bad but don't like the black SATA cable from the SSD visible maybe I'm being picky