Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Project Logs & Gallery > Project Logs
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 16-12-12, 04:51 PM
Xayer's Avatar
Xayer Xayer is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Holbæk, Denmark
Posts: 149
Talking [NZXT Phantom 820] Project X-1996

[NZXT Phantom 820] Project X-1996




The Build

Watercooling!


Watercool routing!



Note: I know it's supposed to be 45° fittings, and not 90° fittings :P

Accesories
Now you might be thinking? why the bloody hell do you want this mouse?
Well first off, I LOVE the look of it.
Second, my current mouse for 3 years has been the Logitect MX 600. Now that mouse is running 800dpi and ANYTHING will be better than that, but the only problem is that my hands feel too large on other mouses than that.

So right now, I just feel that I want to try something new, and been on the hunt to find a Danish(Denmark) retailer with that available!

If I change any parts of the build I'll update the build here.

I'll make a new post when I get the things sometime within the next long period of time(I'll save up for each seperate item).


Color Scheme

The color scheme use the following colors
  • White
  • Black

Next thing, the XSPC Raystorm!

I will be taking the black "top" cover off and painting it white. Why? Because not alot of people has done that :P

Thanks to SmokinWaffle (from OCN),
jamesriley94 (from OC3D), and Lystfiskern(OC3D) for giving some advice

Cheers,

-Frederik Rabøl Madsen, aka. Xayer

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 16-12-12, 05:04 PM
jamesriley94 jamesriley94 is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sheffield
Posts: 5,945
Why are you buying extra light kits and hue changes for the Phantom? It comes with everything you need?

Also, maybe get a better fully modular power supply?
And probably try for some better, faster RAM too. I'm not sure what you mean there if you're saying 2x8gb, or 2x4gb?

I also personally think the case is a bad decision, but that's your choice obviously. But it is very expensive, and very large, and considering you aren't putting much tech in in the form of GPUs or watercooling, I think it will look a bit empty tbh.

Not too sure what the XSPC LEDs are for?

Also, the NZXT sleeved cables aren't great. You'd be better off going with the bitfenix ones, or even the full Corsair kit for the power supply.

Sorry if this comes off negative at all. The Core components all look good
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 16-12-12, 05:07 PM
Xayer's Avatar
Xayer Xayer is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Holbæk, Denmark
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesriley94 View Post
Why are you buying extra light kits and hue changes for the Phantom? It comes with everything you need?

Also, maybe get a better fully modular power supply?
And probably try for some better, faster RAM too. I'm not sure what you mean there if you're saying 2x8gb, or 2x4gb?

I also personally think the case is a bad decision, but that's your choice obviously. But it is very expensive, and very large, and considering you aren't putting much tech in in the form of GPUs or watercooling, I think it will look a bit empty tbh.

Not too sure what the XSPC LEDs are for?

Also, the NZXT sleeved cables aren't great. You'd be better off going with the bitfenix ones, or even the full Corsair kit for the power supply.

Sorry if this comes off negative at all. The Core components all look good
I understand your point and most of this is my own fault. I havn't changed the document for ages and will do asap. the XSPC leds are for a x2 5.25" bay panel that uses the same logo, but cut-out and put a darkish grey plexi glass or acrylic window. Then the two leds will be cut into the acrylic/plexi glass, and It'll Illuminate the logo

Thanks
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 16-12-12, 05:14 PM
CPMFW's Avatar
CPMFW CPMFW is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Colchester, UK
Posts: 1,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xayer View Post
the XSPC leds are for a x2 5.25" bay panel that uses the same logo, but cut-out and put a darkish grey plexi glass or acrylic window. Then the two leds will be cut into the acrylic/plexi glass, and It'll Illuminate the logo

Thanks
nice idea mate
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 16-12-12, 05:21 PM
Xayer's Avatar
Xayer Xayer is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Holbæk, Denmark
Posts: 149
About the Corsair Kit, I'm standing between HX/TXM Series Sleeved White & Black.

Which one would fit (the colors ) in the build best?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 16-12-12, 05:27 PM
jamesriley94 jamesriley94 is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sheffield
Posts: 5,945
I think either would be fine. Perhaps blue too?

I do think it would look better if you went with an AX650 with the cable kit so it can be fully modular however.

Although, I do still stand by my thoughts on the motherboard looking too small in the case.
I also like the idea of the Acrylic in the optical bays, but considering all the bays will be behind a door, I'm struggling to see the point.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 16-12-12, 05:34 PM
Xayer's Avatar
Xayer Xayer is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Holbæk, Denmark
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesriley94 View Post
I think either would be fine. Perhaps blue too?

I do think it would look better if you went with an AX650 with the cable kit so it can be fully modular however.

Although, I do still stand by my thoughts on the motherboard looking too small in the case.
I also like the idea of the Acrylic in the optical bays, but considering all the bays will be behind a door, I'm struggling to see the point.
If you take a look at my current build you'll Notice that my M.ATX already looks small in the regular Phantom case.



The reason for not getting an AX Series PSU, is because they're too expensive.

Most of the time I usually have the front door open in my current build, as seen below.

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 16-12-12, 05:39 PM
jamesriley94 jamesriley94 is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sheffield
Posts: 5,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xayer View Post
If you take a look at my current build you'll Notice that my M.ATX already looks small in the regular Phantom case.

The reason for not getting an AX Series PSU, is because they're too expensive.

Most of the time I usually have the front door open in my current build, as seen below.
Your board there is ATX, not MATX. And yeah, it does. But the Phantom 820 is bigger still.

As for the AX series being too expensive, IMO, the looks and quality make it worth it to me. Considering you won't have to upgrade the PSU for future builds over the next 7 years at least, as that's how long the warranty lasts on the AX series - it just makes it worth it to me. Plus, considering how much you're spending on the case, I'd say you could save a bit of money in other areas, and you'd be able to afford an AX650.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 16-12-12, 05:46 PM
Xayer's Avatar
Xayer Xayer is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Holbæk, Denmark
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesriley94 View Post
Your board there is ATX, not MATX. And yeah, it does. But the Phantom 820 is bigger still.

As for the AX series being too expensive, IMO, the looks and quality make it worth it to me. Considering you won't have to upgrade the PSU for future builds over the next 7 years at least, as that's how long the warranty lasts on the AX series - it just makes it worth it to me. Plus, considering how much you're spending on the case, I'd say you could save a bit of money in other areas, and you'd be able to afford an AX650.

My current MB is Micro ATX and the one I want for this build is ATX.

And in fact, the Reseller that I'm ordering the most of my products from, doesn't have the 650W. But they have from 760+.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 16-12-12, 05:49 PM
Feronix's Avatar
Feronix Feronix is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The Dungeon
Posts: 7,683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xayer View Post
If you take a look at my current build you'll Notice that my M.ATX already looks small in the regular Phantom case.

That looks like an ATX board to me mate, has way too many PCI(-E) lanes to ever possibly be m-ATX.

Also, it doesn't look small, it's a full length board that reaches to your PSU. M-atx boards are shorter, not less wide.
__________________
~Rick

"If a bear looks good in the woods when nobody is there, is he still a cool ass motherf***ing bear?" - JR23
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 05:56 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.