OC3D Forums

OC3D Forums (https://forum.overclock3d.net/index.php)
-   [OC3D] Gaming (https://forum.overclock3d.net/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Project Cars Monthly Challenge - June. (https://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=80808)

Wraith 01-06-17 05:45 PM

Project Cars Monthly Challenge - June.
 

So that's it the end of one challenge and onto the next, last months was a doozy which a few of you took to it like a duck to water while others had setup and controller issues, never mind though it was all good fun and Warchild stole the top spot so huge Kudos to him but will he reign supreme this time?. I'm sorry but at the same time not sorry for this next challenge, the track is a nightmare rollercoaster but the car is fun as hell so lets see who can master our first sprint trial.

The rules are simple,

Use the car and track chosen for the challenge and post your times in the thread as a screen shot of the in game leader board, it's that simple. All valid times will be added to the main Lap Times board.


Your challenge for the next 4 weeks is Azure Coast Stage 2 with the Ford Sierra RS500 Cosworth Group A.

https://i.imgur.com/NjOcZY6.jpg

Bonkers - 2:40:763 (Controller)
Jimma47 - 2:43:250 (Wheel)
Warchild - 2:43:311 (Wheel)
Wraith - 2:44:481 (Controller)
Korreborg - 2:44:759 (Controller)

Have at it fellas! (Liveries coming soon I promise)

For those that need validation of their place on the leaderboard check >>here<<

This challenge is going to run until June 30th.

Korreborg 01-06-17 09:33 PM

Was hoping for the Le Mans with an Aston :D

Warchild 01-06-17 09:43 PM

What a horrible track. Top 3 spots seem to have been using the clipping cheat so I'll claim top spot in 4th place as being Gold. Can easily improve on this by 1 second. This was a 5minute car tweak. Even then i hit a few barriers.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.n...F42977ADB0AFC/

Korreborg 01-06-17 09:56 PM

clipping???

Wraith 01-06-17 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Korreborg (Post 948712)
clipping???

Scraping or using barriers to corner.

I pride myself on not hitting anything just knocked 2 seconds off my own time so I'm happy at how it's going.

EDIT: Just a teeny tiny update.

http://i.imgur.com/u3hgBqs.jpg

BonkersMental 02-06-17 12:30 AM

Project Cars Monthly Challenge
 
1 Attachment(s)
my 1st clean lap without hitting or scrapping :)

jimma47 02-06-17 12:57 AM

Slidey Sierra Cosworth days. These things were beasts.

Korreborg 02-06-17 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wraith (Post 948718)
Scraping or using barriers to corner.

I get a invalid lap everytime i go near a barrier :D The corner just before the tunnel i have had my lap cancel 3-4 times without going off the track :mellow:

jimma47 02-06-17 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Korreborg (Post 948728)
I get a invalid lap everytime i go near a barrier :D The corner just before the tunnel i have had my lap cancel 3-4 times without going off the track :mellow:

I had the same issue in that little dip before the tunnel. Frustrating!

Warchild 02-06-17 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Korreborg (Post 948712)
clipping???

You can cut corners completely, even taking shortcuts by fooling the game into thinking that you made an effort to brake. No idea why I said "clipping" i meant to write cornering cheat.

Thats why you see some at least 10seconds ahead of everyone else.

Also is it just me that experiences a total spin out on 2 of the humps with a wheel? I have to unrealistically slam the steering far to the right otherwise I spin out to the left and hit the fences.

BonkersMental 02-06-17 06:38 AM

When i first tried this challenge every time i hit those humps i would veer violently left and hit barrier or wall and completely ruin lap. my solution was to apply quick jab of brakes just before the brow of each hump so that wheels never loose contact with tarmac. a much more cautious approach seems to be paying off. :). so from my experience its affecting controller users as well. EDIT: and the little right-left just before the 1st tunnel is a royal pain in the butt. ive only got to have the right or left wheels touch the EDGE of the track for time to be invalidated, im taking extra caution here now to make sure im steering between the edges of track. Weird as most rest of track allows you to touch the edge without getting penalised.

Warchild 02-06-17 07:01 AM

Speed has no effect for me. Im getting a total spin out even when braking/slowing down

BonkersMental 02-06-17 07:08 AM

hmmm all i can think of then is your setup may need tweaking. soz im not much help.

jimma47 02-06-17 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonkersMental (Post 948734)
When i first tried this challenge every time i hit those humps i would veer violently left and hit barrier or wall and completely ruin lap. my solution was to apply quick jab of brakes just before the brow of each hump so that wheels never loose contact with tarmac. a much more cautious approach seems to be paying off. :). so from my experience its affecting controller users as well. EDIT: and the little right-left just before the 1st tunnel is a royal pain in the butt. ive only got to have the right or left wheels touch the EDGE of the track for time to be invalidated, im taking extra caution here now to make sure im steering between the edges of track. Weird as most rest of track allows you to touch the edge without getting penalised.

Yeah it's a pain. The humps are ok for me with a wheel but I have to either jab the brakes before the crest or back off slightly. I think it's about keeping the weight balanced. I also have to be careful how much I smash the throttle :D

Warchild 02-06-17 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimma47 (Post 948738)
Yeah it's a pain. The humps are ok for me with a wheel but I have to either jab the brakes before the crest or back off slightly. I think it's about keeping the weight balanced. I also have to be careful how much I smash the throttle :D

My wheel twitched on its own while I had the pc running before work today. I think its on its way out already... ill try a resinstall of the drivers and firmware. Otherwise its gonna be an RMA and rule me out of this track for the rest of the month I guess.

jimma47 02-06-17 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warchild (Post 948741)
My wheel twitched on its own while I had the pc running before work today. I think its on its way out already... ill try a resinstall of the drivers and firmware. Otherwise its gonna be an RMA and rule me out of this track for the rest of the month I guess.

Hope it's nothing major. I had a dodgy wheel (known wiring issue) in my first one but the replacement has been rock solid. It occasionally likes to recalibrate itself if I leave it plugged in and not gaming. Everything else has been fine.


New lap :)
http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/...pslb7cedvz.jpg

BonkersMental 02-06-17 02:43 PM

Wow jimma47. Awesome Lap matey. :) . getting back in drivers seat now.. lol. :)

Warchild 02-06-17 02:54 PM

C'mon Jimmy, Push it to that silver spot!!!

BonkersMental 02-06-17 04:58 PM

Project Cars Monthly Challenge
 
1 Attachment(s)
Whoop ! :)

Wraith 02-06-17 06:27 PM

I love this track and car combo, it's just hit the throttle and hope you're pointed in the right direction.

Korreborg 02-06-17 07:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wraith (Post 948841)
I love this track and car combo, it's just hit the throttle and hope you're pointed in the right direction.

Just about right :D
Attachment 11895

Wraith 03-06-17 12:02 AM

It's a fantastic combo.. if anyone want's a custom livery let me know.

http://i.imgur.com/gTdWHAa.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/KeHM5Pu.jpg

jimma47 03-06-17 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonkersMental (Post 948822)
Whoop ! :)

Smashed it! Nice lap!

Wraith 03-06-17 04:06 PM

The laps are really coming in fast now and we've all managed to be placed in the top 10 of the official times board :cool:

BonkersMental 03-06-17 10:23 PM

Project Cars Monthly Challenge
 
1 Attachment(s)
Found another sec :)

Wraith 03-06-17 11:18 PM

Well sheading weight isn't working for me :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/xKoi1Nr.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/uVTEHIE.jpg

BonkersMental 03-06-17 11:40 PM

custom livery looks awesome on track. :)

BonkersMental 04-06-17 01:27 AM

Project Cars Monthly Challenge
 
1 Attachment(s)
A scrappy and untidy lap but was a few 10ths quicker. :)

BonkersMental 04-06-17 07:35 AM

Project Cars Monthly Challenge
 
Forgot to turn of OBS so Stage finished at 2:57:00.
My split times are slow in sectors 1 and 2 so a bit more time to find still:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4nwVBzh6Us&t=108s

jimma47 04-06-17 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wraith (Post 948969)
Well sheading weight isn't working for me :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/xKoi1Nr.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/uVTEHIE.jpg

Awesome wing now though that should keep the back end sticky ;)

BonkersMental 04-06-17 11:51 AM

Project Cars Monthly Challenge
 
Just saw your lap time on the leaderboards jimma47. Awsome lap buddy...this is gonna be a close one !!. :)

jimma47 04-06-17 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonkersMental (Post 948996)
Just saw your lap time on the leaderboards jimma47. Awsome lap buddy...this is gonna be a close one !!. :)

Cheers mate. I messed up the last section so theres still some time to be found. I'm not consistent though.
Had a quick crack to break up my day of World of Tanks grinding.

Korreborg 04-06-17 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimma47 (Post 948998)
Cheers mate. I messed up the last section so theres still some time to be found. I'm not consistent though.
Had a quick crack to break up my day of World of Tanks grinding.

On the asia server i guess? I also play tanks :D

Korreborg 04-06-17 01:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 11902
Well quite the improvement, but god you guys are quick :eek: :D

jimma47 04-06-17 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Korreborg (Post 949000)
On the asia server i guess? I also play tanks :D

Yes Asian server. I was on the NA server for a year or so then moved on the promise of a better ping (was 300+ now down to 120) however the SEA server is no comparison. I'd go back to NA in a flash if I wouldn't lose my progress. It's quite a challenge hitting the enemy tanks when you're on a 120ms ping and they're complaining about lag at 50...

If you're on the SEA server look me up - Jimma47

Korreborg 04-06-17 02:56 PM

I'm on EU, 33 ms af far as i remember from last log in :D
Its also funny whit internet speeds. Just UK vs Denmark. I have 300/60 and could get 500.
They are in the process of rolling out 1Gbit :D One of the perks of living in a small country :D

But yes. 12000 battles is crap to throw away :) I have 14000 and been playing for 5 years
https://wot-life.com/eu/player/Korreborg-503234335

BonkersMental 04-06-17 03:34 PM

Great lap time Korreborg, vast improvement. :)

Korreborg 04-06-17 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonkersMental (Post 949017)
Great lap time Korreborg, vast improvement. :)

Thanks. I used your ghost as a bonny :D I was right on your tail until sector 3 ;)

Wraith 04-06-17 07:41 PM

Damn guys, it couldn't possibly be any closer. :cool: I just smashed a whole 8 seconds off my time and in doing so closed the field to within just 2 seconds.

http://i.imgur.com/et83LoX.jpg

jimma47 04-06-17 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Korreborg (Post 949010)
I'm on EU, 33 ms af far as i remember from last log in :D
Its also funny whit internet speeds. Just UK vs Denmark. I have 300/60 and could get 500.
They are in the process of rolling out 1Gbit :D One of the perks of living in a small country :D

But yes. 12000 battles is crap to throw away :) I have 14000 and been playing for 5 years
https://wot-life.com/eu/player/Korreborg-503234335

I wouldn't mind the ping if the play style wasn't 'camp or lemming only' The Asian server is crazy. Lights refuse to scout. Heavies and TD's camp up the back end of the map so far out of view range they'll not even see anything you light up. Completely different styles to NA.

Oh well it's still a great way to pass some time though. I'll go from WoT/WoWS to P Cars/Asetto Corsa to IL2/DCS depending on what mood I'm in. Getting too old for twitch shooters. I'm just an angry man shouting at a cloud ;) I'm taking a break from Elite Dangerous. I spent so many hours in that game I kind of lost the love. I'm sure it will come back though.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Wraith (Post 949039)
Damn guys, it couldn't possibly be any closer. :cool: I just smashed a whole 8 seconds off my time and in doing so closed the field to within just 2 seconds.

http://i.imgur.com/et83LoX.jpg

This is what it's all about! Nice and close! :D


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.