Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Project Logs & Gallery > Rig Gallery

Old 24-08-15, 10:21 AM

Marvel Phenom ITX (Junior's PC)

Put together a PC for my 4 year old son a couple of months ago using "old" bits I had lying around from previous builds.
I wanted to make it a bit speciel, so I ordered some Marvel Assemble decals as I have no real artistic skills myself, nor a skilled modder . Now there's no pictures of the inside. It's pretty tidy and no airflow hindrance, but the goal was to make the outside appeal to a 4 year old who doesn't care about specs.

When that is all said.. his dad certainly cares, so it's no slouch.. basically it's a fully fledged gaming system...

Specs:

Case: Bitfenix Phenom
Motherboard: ASUS Z87-I Pro
CPU: Core i7-4770K (Delidded)
Ram: uh... actaully don't remember if I have 4 or 8 GB ram in there.. and don't recall the brand.. it's 1600 MHz as I recall
GPU: Gigabyte Gaming G1 GTX 960 (Pretty awesome little card, was impressed by the perforamnce and acoustics... soo damn quiet I didn't even had to fit it with a NZXT G10 and AIO.
120 and 60 GB SSD, forget the brands.. think they are Samsung OEM versions pulled from laptops.
PSU: Corsair TX750M (This one got extremely bad coil whine at certain load scenarios)
Corsair H105 with standard fans
2 sp120 in front
1 Bitfenix 140 rear (came with the case)

Sound is going out the optical out into a tos/coaxial converter and then into my TC Electronic BMC-2 hooked up to a pair of Tannoy Reveal 402's all at my desk.

So what do we do with it? We play Lego games.. We've just finished off Lego: Marvel Heroes, before that it was Lego: Batman and right now we're going through Lego: Lord of the rings... not a bad way to get acquainted with that universe... Fun fact... He likes playing as Gimli (the dwarf) but there's certain parts where you have to toss the dwarf with another character to progress... it is an actual mechanic in the game, where my son will get really mad... cause he wants to toss/or jump himself.. no other character should do it (No-One tosses the dwarf!)

As you can see his desk and PC are in my office. My wife (also his mother...!) wouldn't let me put it in his room.. Her argument was that he would most likely break it.. I think it just messes with her inner interior design philosophy

Old 24-08-15, 11:30 AM
OC3D Elite

Very nice!
Old 24-08-15, 11:41 AM
OC3D Elite

Your son must be so proud of his Dad

Build Log: http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=72241

“If you knew the magnificence of the three, six and nine, you would have a key to the universe.” – Nikola Tesla

Old 24-08-15, 12:11 PM
News Guru

That PC is awesome.
Old 24-08-15, 01:40 PM
too many shrooms

Lol wish I had a rig like that as a kid, top job
Old 24-08-15, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong View Post
Very nice!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolemac View Post
Your son must be so proud of his Dad
I hope so... well in all fairness... is more proud of loosing his first tooth...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
That PC is awesome.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripp View Post
Lol wish I had a rig like that as a kid, top job
Me too.... I blame my parents..
Old 24-08-15, 01:59 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobCase View Post
I hope so... well in all fairness... is more proud of loosing his first tooth...
My 11 year old daughter is an ipad girl but when we went to my nephews last weekend she saw his PC and said wow that is epic so my nephew said 90% of the parts are from your Dad .

Build Log: http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=72241

“If you knew the magnificence of the three, six and nine, you would have a key to the universe.” – Nikola Tesla