Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Suggestions

Old 28-04-13, 06:43 AM

Peripherals

I have literally been searching for a peripherals section for days now. do I simply keep missing it, or does such a thing not exist?

In any case. A section dedicated to peripherals seem like the most natural thing in the world. After all, without a mouse and keyboard, even the most awesome rig would be little more than a very expensive doorstop.

So shouldn't we have a place to talk about mice, keyboards, mousepads, game controllers, Etc.?

Old 28-04-13, 07:14 AM
OC3D Crew

We have tried dude, Guv laid the hammer down and said no.
Old 28-04-13, 07:26 AM

Why?

I spend a lot more time with my mouse than pretty much any other thing I own. As such It is incredibly important that my mouse is comfortable and of a good quality.
This is true for most of us.
It is arguably a more critical part of any computer, than the graphics card.

I don't see how it is any less a viable topic of discussion than for example headsets.

Even something as simple as a mousepad can make a greater difference for your gaming experience than most people would ever imagine.
Old 28-04-13, 07:41 AM
OC3D Crew

It has been discussed here
http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=45343
and another before
Old 28-04-13, 07:55 AM

By reading that thread and the earlier thread it linked to, it seems very clear that everyone wants and need a peripherals section and that the only reason why there isn't one, is that a single person apparently dislikes peripherals. Or at least talking about them.

WTF???
Old 28-04-13, 08:03 AM
OC3D Crew

Guv runs the show so he has the last say.
Old 28-04-13, 09:35 AM

He said in one thread, a while back, that there is no demand for a peripherals section.

I'd certainly say that there is now, and maybe new members refrain from posting about peripherals because they see no section?

I think it would see more usage than the dedicated Sound Cards & Speakers section.

Would it be possible to trial it for a month? I really don't know what work is required. I know SuB has been helping out on the web side, maybe he could monitor things?
Old 28-04-13, 10:25 AM

I recently bought a new keyboard and mouse and had to go to one of the other big forums to find detailed info about key switches and pros and cons of different laser sensors so I really think there is a demand.
Old 28-04-13, 10:37 AM

There is no doubt that there is a demand. Just look at other forums where they do have such a section.

For a forum like this one, not having a peripherals section, is like a car dealership that tells you to go buy the steering wheel for your new car at a competing dealership.
It makes no sense and will ultimately push people over to the competition. At the very least, partially.

The silly part is that it would take a minute or two to set up and it has no possible downside.
Old 05-05-13, 06:25 AM

So.. This thread has now been sitting at the very top of this forum section for over a week. That means it has even been visible from the main index for all that time.

So it is fair to assume that admins have seen it. And if they haven't, it is fair to assume that they don't give a flying rats arse about their job.

And still, no response. A suggestion has been made that apparently 100% of forum members are behind and the admins don't even have the common courtesy to respond?

Nice to know where we stand.