Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Cooling Forum > Liquid Cooling

Old 19-11-12, 04:59 PM

Lightbulb Liquid cooling my 600t, advice needed and appreciated

Hi, so i feel like a total beginner when talking about water cooling. I have, however, been reading a lot of internet articles about the subject, and want to take the step of chilling my own system with liquid.

first of all, the important components:

Corsair Graphite 600t computer case
Asus sabertooth Z77 MB
Intel i5-3570K currently @4.6GHz - H100 (looking to break the 5GHz mark with a custom loop)
Corsair vengeance 16GB RAM 1600MHz CL9-9-9-27
ATi Radeon HD 6950 2GB (Old, but trustworthy GPU)
XFX 750W PSU 80+ bronze

So what i want to do is to add a custom loop to my system, CPU only (with headroom for adding GPU). Ive been thinking about a good slim 360 rad in the roof and a thick 240/280 rad in the front. So that is both a 360 for the roof and a 240/280 for the front of the case, i know this is way overkill for just CPU, but i dont care for now

anyhow i would like to hear some thoughts regarding my plans is the 5GHz mark going to be a pain in the ass, or will it work out fine? and should i go with a "monsta" 240 front rad (like this http://www.thewatercoolingshop.co.uk...240-14181.html) or a slightly thinner 280 rad (like this http://www.thewatercoolingshop.co.uk...tor-14177.html)?

Thnx for any help, two thumbs up

Old 19-11-12, 05:45 PM
Advanced Member

Whether you get 5 GHz or not is really just going to be down to the silicon lottery, and most likely you wont get a chip that can do it. When the Ivy chips decide they have had enough they really throw their toys out of the pram. If you get a decent chip I would say 4.8 is a more realistic target.
Old 19-11-12, 06:19 PM
OC3D Crew

Send a message via Skype™ to rossi94
Go with the 360 ... 240 for GPU and CPU can get critical .. what pump you'll choose? A laing ddc-t + phobya messing top would be a good choice. Thought already about reservoirs? Fittings? As CPU block I would recommend the Heatkiller LT 3.0.

Happy X-Mas
Old 19-11-12, 09:50 PM

Perturabo, I sure hope ive been lucky with mine then, would really like to push it all the way to 5GHz ) though 4.8 is still a decent achievement. Many thnx for the reply!

rossi94, I may have been a little unclear in my post, but I was thinking about buying both a 360mm for the roof and a 240/280 for the front ) regarding the pump ive only looked in to the D5 pump, but i have no where near made up my mind about that yet, so thnx for the advice ) i'll probably go with a tube res, one of the bigger ones (only for the looks), but fittings and CPU block remains undetermined at this time need to look into it more, so thnx again for the advice, your reply is much appreciated!
Old 20-11-12, 06:50 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlypaperbag View Post
perturabo, i sure hope ive been lucky with mine then, would really like to push it all the way to 5ghz ) though 4.8 is still a decent achievement. Many thnx for the reply! :d

rossi94, i may have been a little unclear in my post, but i was thinking about buying both a 360mm for the roof and a 240/280 for the front ) regarding the pump ive only looked in to the d5 pump, but i have no where near made up my mind about that yet, so thnx for the advice ) i'll probably go with a tube res, one of the bigger ones (only for the looks), but fittings and cpu block remains undetermined at this time need to look into it more, so thnx again for the advice, your reply is much appreciated! :d

d5=win

Tags
600t, cooling, liquid, water