Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Cooling Forum > Liquid Cooling

Old 07-04-20, 05:25 PM
OC3D Elite

Yeah but it works lol.

Old 17-04-20, 05:39 AM
OC3D Elite

So after some long chats with EK's Support team they finally have admitted that their software is not stable. The exact words from EK were "The software is somewhere between Beta and Final release".

I asked why their were not mentioning this on the product page as I would have never bought it if I had known it was still in early development (it is actually being developed by a third party company), they did not answer but said stable release should arrive around summer time.

In their last message they told me to open an RMA ticket and send in my EK Loop Connect, the fried backplate and the dead 2080ti card, if they confirm that the software is faulty they will replace the 2080ti.

DHL are picking up today, fingers crossed I might end up with a new 2080ti.

I'll keep you updated

https://valid.x86.fr/6w9bi0
Old 17-04-20, 05:51 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Well ain't going to EVGA ever again.

Zotac cards just keep looking better and better.
Old 17-04-20, 07:57 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Well ain't going to EVGA ever again.

Zotac cards just keep looking better and better.
I'd take Zotac over EVGA on cost alone.

Zotac amp extreme cards are monsters and still cheaper than the other top end stuff.
Old 17-04-20, 08:52 AM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
I'd take Zotac over EVGA on cost alone.

Zotac amp extreme cards are monsters and still cheaper than the other top end stuff.
I'll always go EVGA for their customer service and purchasable extended warranties, the only thing that lets them down at the moment is their ugly AF cards imo.
Enthoo Elite | i9-7900X | Rampage VI Extreme | Dominator Platinum 32GB | RTX 2080 FE | 960 Pro 512GB, 840 Evo 250GB x 2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 | PG279Q, MX27AQ | Custom Watercooling Loop + Aquaero 6 XT

Old 17-04-20, 09:01 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by trawetSluaP View Post
I'll always go EVGA for their customer service and purchasable extended warranties, the only thing that lets them down at the moment is their ugly AF cards imo.
Zotac are pretty decent. While EVGA are the best for CS, I wouldnt pool all my chips into just that one fact. Do I want to pay over market price just for the service? maybe. But it depends on how much. Kingpin for example is so over inflated its not worth it.

To be honest, Palit is a good choice for me until recently. Cheapest reference cards on the market, good high end factory clocked cards and still under otheres of the same price range. And their service is pretty good.

However, Zotac is a favourite of mine now. Their cards look good too.
Old 17-04-20, 11:12 AM
OC3D Elite

Hey man that's good news. Great, even. Fingers crossed.

It takes a man to make a mistake. It takes a real man to admit that mistake and put it right.

Old 17-04-20, 11:21 AM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Zotac are pretty decent. While EVGA are the best for CS, I wouldnt pool all my chips into just that one fact. Do I want to pay over market price just for the service? maybe. But it depends on how much. Kingpin for example is so over inflated its not worth it.

To be honest, Palit is a good choice for me until recently. Cheapest reference cards on the market, good high end factory clocked cards and still under otheres of the same price range. And their service is pretty good.

However, Zotac is a favourite of mine now. Their cards look good too.
Oh yeah would never get a Kingpin.

I normally go as close to ref as possible as water cool my GPU.
Enthoo Elite | i9-7900X | Rampage VI Extreme | Dominator Platinum 32GB | RTX 2080 FE | 960 Pro 512GB, 840 Evo 250GB x 2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 | PG279Q, MX27AQ | Custom Watercooling Loop + Aquaero 6 XT

Old 17-04-20, 11:32 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Kingpin for example is so over inflated its not worth it.
To be fair it is not designed for people like us. At all. It costs £500 more than any other 2080Ti. However, there are reasons for that.

The sinks are all solid copper. Far more expensive than any other material. The PCB has every single trace and connection gold plated.

It has a 240mm AIO on and two 120mm fans. I could go on, but I am sure you are getting the gist. Add to that the OLED screen, BTW.

Is it worth buying? no. However, does it justify the cost given how much they put into it? I would say yes. Will it go faster than any other 2080Ti? at stock I would doubt that. However, this is an A GPU die and it's binned. So get it under LN2 and it will set records. Already has.

I weighed up blocking a 2080Ti, then building a loop for it and the CPU and etc. In the end I saved money by picking the Kingpin and a 240mm cooler for the CPU. And in essence it does exactly the same thing as my loop in my TR rig.

I also know that it's over built to absurdity levels and thus should last a good few years in the very least. I've had a few GPUs fail on air, never had one fail under water.

Old 17-04-20, 11:52 AM
OC3D Crew

You say binned but I've seen FTW3s an XCs clock higher than KPs under normal cooling.

With the silicon lottery as it is it doesn't justify the cost imo but then the KP isn't for the average user.