Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Project Logs & Gallery > Project Logs

Old 27-06-21, 11:22 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Ordered this. Threw my yellow one in the wash, but have a feeling I am not going to like it much now.

I used to use these, but they don't last long enough tbh, so now I just fold up a T-shirt and wash when needed lol

Old 27-06-21, 11:30 PM
OC3D Elite

haha. It should be OK. Stitched edges. The yellow one I have doesn't have stitched edges and I have had the thing bloody years. It won't get heavy use, as it's not my main PC. Just the one I use at mum's.

If you don't like what I post don't read it.
Old 30-06-21, 01:58 AM
OC3D Elite

Happy with - Eloop fans in the top.
Not happy with - Cheap crap CM fans that only offer 26 CFM @ 2500 RPM. They literally scream, and for all of that screaming they shift bugger all air.

Double the CFM @ 800 RPM less. TBH? it's not even the noise that bothers me, it's the sh1te GPU temps I am seeing. Got these too.

Old 12-10-21, 10:08 PM
OC3D Elite

I fitted the Noctua fans. It was much better. However, the case is a proper hot box. The GPU has to be ran at 100% when playing PUBG (bless Unreal Engine ffs) or it crashes. I also wasn't that happy with the PSU (Bronze, runs very warm and non modular) or the cooler. I found out they are notorious for leaking.

When I built Tyson last year (the 2080Ti KP 3950x rig) I almost got this and a CH Impact.

But realised if I made savings by using a regular ATX board I could have the 240 cooled Kingpin over an air card, so I went that route. Now though? I have all of the best bits I have now (board, CPU, RAM, 2080Ti Aorus Xtreme) and so on. So I bought a new, much better PSU.

And a better cooler not known for leaking everywhere. With RGB for some added bling.

Should be a nice upgrade and make cooling far better.

Old 12-10-21, 10:44 PM
OC3D Crew

Not a bad looking case i take it it's a little like a cube case PSU behind the mobo, the difference a good PSU can make to noise levels is pretty huge since getting my RM850X I barely hear my PC my soundbar blocks out any fan noise.
Old 12-10-21, 11:26 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNosser View Post
Not a bad looking case i take it it's a little like a cube case PSU behind the mobo, the difference a good PSU can make to noise levels is pretty huge since getting my RM850X I barely hear my PC my soundbar blocks out any fan noise.
Yeah. This thing spins the fan 100% all of the time. It's also side mounted.

Meaning there is now a lovely dusty patch on the side of the bloody case I did think about using a filter, but it's quite restricted as it is. It was a great stand in at £45, and will make a nice spare, but yeah want something better really. I need to find out what these do

Like, the Eco switch. Hopefully it's some sort of hybrid fan mode. F-ed up part is that it's only PUBG that makes the rig a cooker. I played through nearly all of Deathloop so far and the GPU fan never goes over 50%. PUBG? 100% pinned as soon as you start the bloody game.

I just ordered these. Thought it was going to be £12 more than it was, but my friend ordered it for me as he gets free shipping from Scan with DPD. These cost me £23 all in, well worth it I reckon.

Yeah I know I know, dreaded SATA cables. I need my storage, and the board only has one NVME slot on it any way. I know I have a 2tb Firecuda in there, pretty sure there's another 2.5 in there also. I really don't remember

I absolutely love ITX tbh. I just think I over did it a bit, considering the heft and size of the GPU. It definitely needs a little more breathing room than I gave it, that's for sure.

Edit. Yeah, there's a 2tb Firecuda in there and something called "1TB SSD". I think this is the SSD I keep forgetting I bought lmao. I don't even remember what make it is. Ahh, the joys of getting old !

Old 12-10-21, 11:50 PM
OC3D Crew

I have a mixture of data, 250gb ssd for OS 2x1tbnvme 3x3tbsata 1x4tbexternal pretty much full

I did think about getting some extentions for the cables, but tbh it looks fine for me, thou next time I may well think about it, i'm on hold now PC wise until zen 4 my system is pretty solid and i can wait it out a while for my extra gfx fps performance gains with a new CPU.

I like the idea of ITX, but for my use case ATX is much more my need, but then you have multiple rigs so having one of each makes sense
Old 13-10-21, 12:44 AM
OC3D Elite

This room is just so tiny and it's all I have here. Mum has the spare room stacked with supplies ffs.

A full atx was too much. It was literally like a dividing wall lol. I love ITX now but I just went too small for the hardware I'm running.

I wish nvme storage wasn't so expensive once you go over 1tb. A 4tb spinner costs about £70 or so. A 4tb nvme? Hory sheet.

I really hoped by now it would be more affordable. It's not though.

What's nice is I have a GPU only alphacool mini pump and pump top, and a block for the 2080ti aorus. So if it's still driving me batty then I have options. Or Id like to custom make a shroud for the 2080ti aorus and whack a 240 aio on it. That would bloody sort it out!

As I say though it's literally only unreal engine that makes it crap its guts. Even high end stuff don't even get it warm. Which is a bit of a sod when you have played over 1k hours of pubg in just over a year and love it. We're all kinda praying for something like pubg without all of the cod and bf ghey, with the recoil and skill of pubg that makes plays so satisfying.

Old 13-10-21, 02:13 AM
OC3D Crew

I've yet to play Pubg but then i am a big battlefield fan for many years the new one is what i've been waiting for since BF4 prefer the modern warfare than ww1/2 stuff i put a fair few hours into the open beta i enjoyed it but just wanted more maps

My GPU only cranks up in heavy games that have DXR otherwise it's like it's idle sound wise.

If it's suffering now in URE4 maybe it'll fair better in URE5 kinda looking forward to seeing games use that were not quite next gen just yet but it'll be nice once more games are out that are.

the 2 nvme's I have one was like 125 other was 2nd hand for 85 both 1tb and i just use one for VR and one for normal games, just move games as needed if i want the loading speed but stuff fills up fast i just have too many games and not enough life left to finish them all

I expect nvme will drop in price in time and 4tb might be around 150 at some stage, just going to be a while as the speed seems to be a bigger focus than the space and cost side of things sadly.
Old 13-10-21, 08:39 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
As I say though it's literally only unreal engine that makes it crap its guts. Even high end stuff don't even get it warm. Which is a bit of a sod when you have played over 1k hours of pubg in just over a year and love it. We're all kinda praying for something like pubg without all of the cod and bf ghey, with the recoil and skill of pubg that makes plays so satisfying.
Sounds like you're looking for the ArmA games that PUBG traces its lineage back to. Or maybe Insurgency for something a bit more polished?

The new Ghost Recon Battle Royal looks to take a similar approach too.