Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 21-05-13, 10:29 PM
OC3D Elite

For several reasons :
  • it's ugly. I know it wants to be the all-in-one system for your living room and it probably would fit in that world but I would still like my console to look "the part"
  • I avoid most all-in-one systems simply because there are no upgrade options and usually they are crap
  • would've been nice to have backwards compatibility, but it's not such a big thing for me
  • M$ wants you to pay a fee for borrowing a game from a friend(I'm not talking about buying used games). I mean really? Not that I borrow that many games nowadays but I wouldn't buy that console for that reason alone, on principle. For me that means they are a money-grubbing company and will try to screw you over
I really do hope they show some reasons to buy it at E3, otherwise Sony might start to act too bossy.

Did my previous post screw up the page layout?

Old 21-05-13, 10:40 PM
OC3D Elite

i dont care im getting both
Old 21-05-13, 10:42 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by seumasbeathan View Post
tbh I don't really get why all you guys are moaning about it. I'm seeing a lot of you say it isn't even really a "games" console, and? It is not meant to be, it is meant to be a device for the mainstream, for the causal gamer who enjoys fifa and cod, for the family etc etc. It is not meant for hardcore gamers and tbh I think that it does what it is supposed to very nicely. If it comes in at a decent price then it's going to be awesome in my opinion.
Ding ding ding. We've got a winner.
I'm with Seumas on this - y'all have been getting a little too heated about this
OC3D Elite

Quote:
tbh I don't really get why all you guys are moaning about it. I'm seeing a lot of you say it isn't even really a "games" console, and? It is not meant to be, it is meant to be a device for the mainstream, for the causal gamer who enjoys fifa and cod, for the family etc etc. It is not meant for hardcore gamers and tbh I think that it does what it is supposed to very nicely. If it comes in at a decent price then it's going to be awesome in my opinion.
pre-order
RAM: 2x 8GB CORSAIR VENGENCE LED
GPU: Gigabyte white 2070
PSU: Corsair Rm850x
Compo Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snortan View Post
For several reasons :
  • it's ugly. I know it wants to be the all-in-one system for your living room and it probably would fit in that world but I would still like my console to look "the part"
  • I avoid most all-in-one systems simply because there are no upgrade options and usually they are crap
  • would've been nice to have backwards compatibility, but it's not such a big thing for me
  • M$ wants you to pay a fee for borrowing a game from a friend(I'm not talking about buying used games). I mean really? Not that I borrow that many games nowadays but I wouldn't buy that console for that reason alone, on principle. For me that means they are a money-grubbing company and will try to screw you over
I really do hope they show some reasons to buy it at E3, otherwise Sony might start to act too bossy.

Did my previous post screw up the page layout?
sony went down that "all-in-one system" road and it didn't work out for them, the funny thing is all most everyone i know who has a ps3 or xbox has a tv and pc/laptop... M$ give me one good reason why i should buy a Xbox one over a PS4?
Old 21-05-13, 10:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenback View Post
Considering the hardware inside it and the fact that it comes with the Kinect, I think £399.99 is a very reasonable price.
Old 21-05-13, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris230291 View Post
Meanwhile... Sony is quietly ting themselves. lol
If by that you mean s**ting all over microsoft's xbox laughing, sure thing

Anyone half expecting a premium on the ps4 now after that rather cringing presentation?
wc: GPU EK R9-290 FC Acetal & Backplate | CPU EK-Supreme LTX - Nickel CSQ | Fittings Monsoon Black Chrome & Primochill PF LRT Onyx Black | Pump XSPC Nylon Dual Bay Reservoir & Laing D5 Vario | Radiator Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 240
Old 21-05-13, 10:48 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to alienware
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Weston View Post
I'm with Seumas on this - y'all have been getting a little too heated about this
Sorry you'll have to forgive us. I mean f**k, there we were thinking a games console would be a games console. Not some stupid device you need to talk to.

Microsoft have lost the plot here. They're taking their success with the 360 and trying to control people again. What they do, what they watch, and make them pay for every last bit of it.

Don't get me wrong I don't buy consoles, but the people I know that do buy them to play games on. They already have set top boxes and blu ray and really can't be arsed with talking to them to make them work.

I really see Sony taking this opportunity to do a fatality on M$.

Quote:
Considering the hardware inside it and the fact that it comes with the Kinect, I think £399.99 is a very reasonable price.
You mean you used it for something other than to tire out your nieces and nephews so the wee gits would collapse and go to sleep?
Old 21-05-13, 10:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Sorry you'll have to forgive us. I mean f**k, there we were thinking a games console would be a games console. Not some stupid device you need to talk to.
As I already said, this isn't a games console, and it was never meant to be, it's sole purpose is to be an overall multimedia device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Weston View Post
I feel honored
Old 21-05-13, 10:51 PM
OC3D Elite

crap i forgot about the no preowned thing. but just heard about installing and non removable hdd. may just get the ps3