Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #101  
Old 21-05-13, 10:29 PM
Snortan Snortan is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 995
For several reasons :
  • it's ugly. I know it wants to be the all-in-one system for your living room and it probably would fit in that world but I would still like my console to look "the part"
  • I avoid most all-in-one systems simply because there are no upgrade options and usually they are crap
  • would've been nice to have backwards compatibility, but it's not such a big thing for me
  • M$ wants you to pay a fee for borrowing a game from a friend(I'm not talking about buying used games). I mean really? Not that I borrow that many games nowadays but I wouldn't buy that console for that reason alone, on principle. For me that means they are a money-grubbing company and will try to screw you over
I really do hope they show some reasons to buy it at E3, otherwise Sony might start to act too bossy.

Did my previous post screw up the page layout?

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 21-05-13, 10:40 PM
SparkleDJackson's Avatar
SparkleDJackson SparkleDJackson is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: northern ireland
Posts: 1,954
i dont care im getting both
__________________
6900k, Evga RTX 2080 ti watercooled w/backplate
64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200, Rampage V Edition 10
Corsair 900D.
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 21-05-13, 10:42 PM
Josh Weston Josh Weston is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 3,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by seumasbeathan View Post
tbh I don't really get why all you guys are moaning about it. I'm seeing a lot of you say it isn't even really a "games" console, and? It is not meant to be, it is meant to be a device for the mainstream, for the causal gamer who enjoys fifa and cod, for the family etc etc. It is not meant for hardcore gamers and tbh I think that it does what it is supposed to very nicely. If it comes in at a decent price then it's going to be awesome in my opinion.
Ding ding ding. We've got a winner.
I'm with Seumas on this - y'all have been getting a little too heated about this
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 21-05-13, 10:42 PM
Greenback's Avatar
Greenback Greenback is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by seumasbeathan View Post
tbh I don't really get why all you guys are moaning about it. I'm seeing a lot of you say it isn't even really a "games" console, and? It is not meant to be, it is meant to be a device for the mainstream, for the causal gamer who enjoys fifa and cod, for the family etc etc. It is not meant for hardcore gamers and tbh I think that it does what it is supposed to very nicely. If it comes in at a decent price then it's going to be awesome in my opinion.
pre-order
__________________
CASE: NZXT H440 white
CPU: RYZEN7 3700x, H100i GTX
MB: Gigabyte x570
RAM: 2x 8GB CORSAIR VENGENCE LED
GPU: Gigabyte white 2070
OS: CRUCIAL MX100 250GB
PSU: Corsair Rm850x
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 21-05-13, 10:42 PM
Permafrost's Avatar
Permafrost Permafrost is offline
Compo Whore
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Gallifrey
Posts: 2,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snortan View Post
For several reasons :
  • it's ugly. I know it wants to be the all-in-one system for your living room and it probably would fit in that world but I would still like my console to look "the part"
  • I avoid most all-in-one systems simply because there are no upgrade options and usually they are crap
  • would've been nice to have backwards compatibility, but it's not such a big thing for me
  • M$ wants you to pay a fee for borrowing a game from a friend(I'm not talking about buying used games). I mean really? Not that I borrow that many games nowadays but I wouldn't buy that console for that reason alone, on principle. For me that means they are a money-grubbing company and will try to screw you over
I really do hope they show some reasons to buy it at E3, otherwise Sony might start to act too bossy.

Did my previous post screw up the page layout?
sony went down that "all-in-one system" road and it didn't work out for them, the funny thing is all most everyone i know who has a ps3 or xbox has a tv and pc/laptop... M$ give me one good reason why i should buy a Xbox one over a PS4?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 21-05-13, 10:44 PM
seumasbeathan seumasbeathan is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Isle Of Lewis
Posts: 3,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenback View Post
Considering the hardware inside it and the fact that it comes with the Kinect, I think £399.99 is a very reasonable price.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 21-05-13, 10:46 PM
Silver Sparrow's Avatar
Silver Sparrow Silver Sparrow is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: 'Sunny' England
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris230291 View Post
Meanwhile... Sony is quietly ting themselves. lol
If by that you mean s**ting all over microsoft's xbox laughing, sure thing

Anyone half expecting a premium on the ps4 now after that rather cringing presentation?
__________________
F4TG1RL: i5 3570k wc | MSI Z77 GD65 | R9 290 Xfirewc | 8GB DDR3 1600 | Samsung 830 250GB | Fractal Arc Midi R2 | CM V1000
wc: GPU EK R9-290 FC Acetal & Backplate | CPU EK-Supreme LTX - Nickel CSQ | Fittings Monsoon Black Chrome & Primochill PF LRT Onyx Black | Pump XSPC Nylon Dual Bay Reservoir & Laing D5 Vario | Radiator Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 240
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 21-05-13, 10:48 PM
alienware alienware is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: On Mars as an anthropologist
Posts: 0
Send a message via MSN to alienware
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Weston View Post
Ding ding ding. We've got a winner.
I'm with Seumas on this - y'all have been getting a little too heated about this
Sorry you'll have to forgive us. I mean f**k, there we were thinking a games console would be a games console. Not some stupid device you need to talk to.

Microsoft have lost the plot here. They're taking their success with the 360 and trying to control people again. What they do, what they watch, and make them pay for every last bit of it.

Don't get me wrong I don't buy consoles, but the people I know that do buy them to play games on. They already have set top boxes and blu ray and really can't be arsed with talking to them to make them work.

I really see Sony taking this opportunity to do a fatality on M$.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seumasbeathan View Post
Considering the hardware inside it and the fact that it comes with the Kinect, I think £399.99 is a very reasonable price.
You mean you used it for something other than to tire out your nieces and nephews so the wee gits would collapse and go to sleep?
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 21-05-13, 10:50 PM
seumasbeathan seumasbeathan is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Isle Of Lewis
Posts: 3,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Sorry you'll have to forgive us. I mean f**k, there we were thinking a games console would be a games console. Not some stupid device you need to talk to.
As I already said, this isn't a games console, and it was never meant to be, it's sole purpose is to be an overall multimedia device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Weston View Post
Ding ding ding. We've got a winner.
I'm with Seumas on this - y'all have been getting a little too heated about this
I feel honored
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 21-05-13, 10:51 PM
SparkleDJackson's Avatar
SparkleDJackson SparkleDJackson is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: northern ireland
Posts: 1,954
crap i forgot about the no preowned thing. but just heard about installing and non removable hdd. may just get the ps3
__________________
6900k, Evga RTX 2080 ti watercooled w/backplate
64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200, Rampage V Edition 10
Corsair 900D.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 05:15 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.