Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat > Humour

Old 11-06-19, 03:52 PM
OC3D Elite

Really old but...

Old 15-06-19, 07:52 PM
OC3D Elite

Not sure if this made me LOL or worries me for the future

School policy not science

the teachers "school policy not science," is basically admiring the kid is right but still gets removed from class
RAM: 2x 8GB CORSAIR VENGENCE LED
GPU: Gigabyte white 2070
PSU: Corsair Rm850x
Old 16-06-19, 10:48 AM
OC3D Elite

https://youtu.be/kwaXjtRybhI

Old 16-06-19, 04:18 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenback View Post
Not sure if this made me LOL or worries me for the future

School policy not science

the teachers "school policy not science," is basically admiring the kid is right but still gets removed from class

For the record I don't like left/right politics but modern leftism is a very real mental health disorder and it is highly dangerous, When teachers are going against biological fact to "spare peoples feelings" that is dangerous and if the western world continues down this course we are going to have a very dystopian future that even the lunatic left will end up hating.

Old 16-06-19, 04:26 PM
OC3D Elite

FWIW I've never met a qualified doctor or medical professional who would say there's only two genders in the biological(not social) sense of the word. There's a huge variety of medical conditions that exhibit physical or mental aspects of both socially-defined genders. There are people that you can't neatly class as male or female due to having both male & female reproductive organs and/or chromosomes. People with XY chromosomes that are female and vice versa, or people who have natural hormone imbalances that makes their body "grow" into a gender (physically) other than that they were born with.

Even completely ignoring transgender people or anything to do with them(Most trans people actually believe there are two genders and they fit into one of them, just not the one they were born with, so are irrelevant to this discussion entirely, the idea that trans people predominantly think there's more than two socially defined genders is mostly just a right wing misunderstanding caused by taking what 14 year old girls on tumblr say too seriously and getting mixed up in a completely different discussion), I think it's still widely agreed in modern medicine that you can't neatly define two genders even if the vast vast majority of people would fit into neat definitions.

It's like saying "humans can't be over 7ft". Sure, you can say that's true in an evolutionary sense, but humans are biological so can have a near infinite number of mutations within their DNA that makes neatly defining any external trend in biology a fools errand.

To say otherwise is ignoring decades of medical research & world wide consensus in medicine, which is why the WHO have their guidelines.

I'd be far more worried about the fact many schools in right wing countries & states still teach creationism as a scientific theory as valid or moreso than evolution.
Old 16-06-19, 04:50 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrech View Post
FWIW I've never met a qualified doctor or medical professional who would say there's only two genders in the biological(not social) sense of the word. There's a huge variety of medical conditions that exhibit physical or mental aspects of both socially-defined genders. There are people that you can't neatly class as male or female due to having both male & female reproductive organs and/or chromosomes. People with XY chromosomes that are female and vice versa, or people who have natural hormone imbalances that makes their body "grow" into a gender (physically) other than that they were born with.

Even completely ignoring transgender people or anything to do with them(Most trans people actually believe there are two genders and they fit into one of them, just not the one they were born with, so are irrelevant to this discussion entirely), I think it's still widely agreed in modern medicine that you can't neatly define two genders even if the vast vast majority of people would fit into neat definitions.

It's like saying "humans can't be over 7ft". Sure, you can say that's true in an evolutionary sense, but humans are biological so can have a near infinite number of mutations within their DNA that makes neatly defining any external trend in biology a fools errand.

To say otherwise is ignoring decades of medical research & world wide consensus in medicine, which is why the WHO have their guidelines.

I'd be far more worried about the fact many schools in right wing countries & states still teach creationism as a scientific theory as valid or moreso than evolution.

99.9999% of the human race is either male or female, The outliers are just that, Outliers, Genetic deformities, We shouldn't be trying to change society for people that have birth defects.

Old 16-06-19, 04:53 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
99.9999% of the human race is either male or female, The outliers are just that, Outliers, Genetic deformities, We shouldn't be trying to change society for people that have birth defects.
Very easy to say but the logistical problems caused by not accommodating all of reality into your neat definitions from the start are incredibly expensive, in some countries there are large communities of people born with intersex conditions that can't get citizenship because the state won't accept them as either gender due to conflicting birth certificates & doctors reports and what have you. It's much cheaper & simpler to accommodate for all possibilities with legal documentation than to ignore outliers and try to hack the system into functioning with them. It's why all new buildings require wheelchairs access from the start and all that(It's actually about 99.5% btw, still 1 in 2000 people don't fit these definitions in a physical sense due to birth conditions and when you have millions that builds up quick, not something you'd particularly hear someone shouting about or that you'd likely know about unless they dropped their pants though so it makes sense people think it's so rare)
Old 16-06-19, 05:05 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrech View Post
Very easy to say but the logistical problems caused by not accommodating all of reality into your neat definitions from the start are incredibly expensive, in some countries there are large communities of people born with intersex conditions that can't get citizenship because the state won't accept them as either gender due to conflicting birth certificates & doctors reports and what have you. It's much cheaper & simpler to accommodate for all possibilities with legal documentation than to ignore outliers and try to hack the system into functioning with them. It's why all new buildings require wheelchairs access from the start and all that(It's actually about 99.5% btw, still 1 in 2000 people don't fit these definitions in a physical sense due to birth conditions and when you have millions that builds up quick, not something you'd particularly hear someone shouting about though so it makes sense people think it's so rare)
That's a different thing altogether though compared to the cultural Marxism the lunatic left are participating in that is doing very real damage to western civilisation which will end in a 1984'esque future that no one will want to live in if they keep going.

For people with actual medical conditions, They can be helped and accommodated for in a sane way, Although not changing the whole of society for this fraction of a %.

This is the "what made you LOL thread" not a discussion thread, If you want to discuss cultural Marxism and the lunatic left please make a separate thread.

Old 16-06-19, 05:17 PM
OC3D Elite

Cultural marxism is a vague conspiracy theory that's popped up quite a lot amongst the perpetrators of recent mass shootings/terrorism and features in many of their "manifestos" usually in the same sentence they attempt to justify shooting up mosques or what have you so I think I'll pass on that one.
Old 16-06-19, 05:28 PM
Resident Newb

I'll say it again, This is the "what made you LOL thread" not a discussion thread, If you want to discuss cultural Marxism and the lunatic left please make a separate thread, Or simply don't post.