Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Cooling Forum > Liquid Cooling

Old 06-01-15, 05:42 PM
OC3D Elite

Have you already tried changing the fan configuration to one we have suggested? If so and you are still getting high temperatures, is there any chance that your 780 is pumping out huge amounts of heat? I honestly cant think of what might be causing this because you shouldn't be seeing temps of 50C at idle.

Samsung Evo 250GB | 1TB Hitachi HDD

Old 06-01-15, 05:43 PM
OC3D Elite

I find it really odd that all cores seem to be the exact same temperature? That's never really the case.

How is the pump hooked up on your unit? Does it go on a motherboard fan header like my H60 pump does? If yes, go into the bios and make sure that 'fan' is set to go at full speed all the time, otherwise it won't supply the pump with enough voltage to work at full speed.

"If a bear looks good in the woods when nobody is there, is he still a cool ass motherf***ing bear?" - JR23
Old 06-01-15, 05:45 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feronix View Post
I find it really odd that all cores seem to be the exact same temperature? That's never really the case.

How is the pump hooked up on your unit? Does it go on a motherboard fan header like my H60 pump does? If yes, go into the bios and make sure that 'fan' is set to go at full speed all the time, otherwise it won't supply the pump with enough voltage to work at full speed.
The temps on the FX series CPU's never have different temps across the cores, they are all the same, all the time so it's almost impossible to judge what core is what temperature. I think it just either takes the temperature of one core or takes them all and makes an average.

Old 06-01-15, 06:24 PM

Ive got some better fans on the way this week, SP120's ill try then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadeonHDx View Post
Have you already tried changing the fan configuration to one we have suggested? If so and you are still getting high temperatures, is there any chance that your 780 is pumping out huge amounts of heat? I honestly cant think of what might be causing this because you shouldn't be seeing temps of 50C at idle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feronix View Post

Ive got them set up in the ai suite to ramp up to 100% when it reaches 40, so basically its always on 100%

what would you say would work better? Push/Pull or push push?

Thanks for the help, means alot
Old 06-01-15, 06:30 PM
OC3D Elite

Really, you want to be running the pump at 100% at all times on an AIO because when you start to mess with the speed on the pump, it really doesn't like it.

Also, and I'm speaking from experience here, You are going to find it insanely difficult to cool your 8350 with a slim 120mm cooler. When I had my H60 on my 8320 I had to undervolt it to about 1.175v just to get it to not overheat and the idles I had were about 35C (margin of error of yours).

Old 06-01-15, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadeonHDx View Post
Really, you want to be running the pump at 100% at all times on an AIO because when you start to mess with the speed on the pump, it really doesn't like it.

Also, and I'm speaking from experience here, You are going to find it insanely difficult to cool your 8350 with a slim 120mm cooler. When I had my H60 on my 8320 I had to undervolt it to about 1.175v just to get it to not overheat and the idles I had were about 35C (margin of error of yours).
Ill make it run at 100% later tonight, what all in one cooler would you recommend for under 100£?
Old 06-01-15, 07:43 PM
born in a.....

My 8320 (@1.35v) was happily staying at 50c with a seidon 120m (which has a slightly thicker rads).

I'd say get a H100 or h100i.
Rig: i7 [email protected]|2x8gb HyperX Fury|Intel z97-AR|Corsair H75| 2x Nvidia 1070 founders edition|Superflower leadex 750W gold|Inwin 904| 970 EVO 500GB m.2|512GB evo 840| Crucial MX 500 500GB|ASUS MG279Q +Acer S240HL| Windows 10 pro, 8.1 pro| Kubuntu LTS
Audio: Silverstone EB01-E+EB03+DT 770 Pro 250Ω+Samson SAGOMIC
Ducky Legend (cherry red)+Zowie AM-FG
Old 07-01-15, 01:51 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfm View Post
Ill make it run at 100% later tonight, what all in one cooler would you recommend for under 100£?
Under 100£ I'm not sure, but the Corsair H100i is a good one (240mm rad, if you can fit one) or maybe a double thick 120?...

Not sure here, as you see... Feronix, barnsley and the others knows this e more than me lol
Old 07-01-15, 06:58 AM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrazey View Post
Say what?... Even though you had that filter, it still came dust in?... I mean, obviously it won't stop dust to 100%, but from your post it sounded worse than what I thought lol. And I've gotten that filter as well (not used it yet though as haven't started the swapping of my case yet though.
There are a few vent holes around case that aren't covered by dust filters, and with the extra 2 AF120's installed in my case, it was pulling too much air in, so through those unfiltered vent holes, it was sucking in dust.

The filters work fine, there nothing wrong with them, and now I have taken out those extra fans, the dust problem is now a non-issue as all the air into case is filtered, and the unfiltered holes are pushing air out (managed to achieved the right amount of positive pressure inside case).
Old 07-01-15, 07:56 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouWhat View Post
There are a few vent holes around case that aren't covered by dust filters, and with the extra 2 AF120's installed in my case, it was pulling too much air in, so through those unfiltered vent holes, it was sucking in dust.

The filters work fine, there nothing wrong with them, and now I have taken out those extra fans, the dust problem is now a non-issue as all the air into case is filtered, and the unfiltered holes are pushing air out (managed to achieved the right amount of positive pressure inside case).
Well that last part just sounded like sweet music to my ears mate, lovely to ear you managed to fix the dust problem!

Tags
water cooling