Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 18-09-21, 10:38 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawelio View Post
If your signature is correct and running an 1700X, your H100 shouldn't spin up and sound like a turbine. Then something is wrong.

I have an 3700X and even during gaming, my 240 is so quiet. I can't even hear it at all, all I hear is the fans on my GPU ramping up. Never had any issues with my AIOs, other than some small pump noise.
Aye there probably is something wrong with it; it's not the first H100 I've had fail on me. Still, this unit has given me 5 years of solid service so I can't complain. I've got an NH-D15 on the way now and I've decided to go back to air cooling for the foreseeable future. Next time I will dabble with liquid cooling is when I make a custom loop; I'm done with AIO's for the time being.

Old 19-09-21, 04:38 AM
OC3D Crew

Same company as my last soundbar and the same price as it was 40% off so thought why not

I'm not a full on weeb but i do like me some Naruto and DBZ

Old 19-09-21, 11:33 PM
OC3D Elite

I have that soundbar. It still works, but the controls packed up (and the remote). Thankfully it is still loud enough to hear OK.

Bought these for my holiday.

And what I bought this year from spring on.

Did a full resto of a 1999 Morales BTS. Very rare bike.

Restored a 2001 2hip.

Rebuilt my 01 STA with all NOS parts.

04 Fit Logic.

Very rare 2009 S&M Cameron Wood.

And a 2004 Terrible One Barcode

So that's why I've not been around lol. Been knee deep in rust, paint and . The prolonged summer didn't help any.

If you don't like what I post don't read it.
Old 23-09-21, 07:38 AM
OC3D Crew

So I have tons of racing games, felt about time to get a half decent wheel and pedals set.

I did some looking I knew it'd not really be a cheap thing, but I didn't really want to spend too much, at first I was thinking about a Hori one but no force feedback and it's needed tbh so that really limited my choice, cause they get expensive!!

So there was a few options i might have waited longer for but after a fair few hours one kept popping up that was nearly as cheap as the hori but has force feedback and by all accounts is decent, least 2nd hand decent

So taken a punt on the logitech Driver Force GT, yep it's a bit older but it'll work on my PC and be better than the Hori i was close to deciding on, it's a starter kit tbh and that's fine but I honestly can't justify £200+ for a new bit of kit.

2nd hand boxed in good looking condition these days is £69 P&P included on this so I'm hoping I'll not be disapointed but i've heard decent things about this wheel so I'm hopeful

PS. Alien is a spider monkey and rides all the bmx's at the same time hence why he needs so many of them :P
Old 23-09-21, 10:21 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNosser View Post
So I have tons of racing games, felt about time to get a half decent wheel and pedals set.

I did some looking I knew it'd not really be a cheap thing, but I didn't really want to spend too much, at first I was thinking about a Hori one but no force feedback and it's needed tbh so that really limited my choice, cause they get expensive!!

So there was a few options i might have waited longer for but after a fair few hours one kept popping up that was nearly as cheap as the hori but has force feedback and by all accounts is decent, least 2nd hand decent

So taken a punt on the logitech Driver Force GT, yep it's a bit older but it'll work on my PC and be better than the Hori i was close to deciding on, it's a starter kit tbh and that's fine but I honestly can't justify £200+ for a new bit of kit.

2nd hand boxed in good looking condition these days is £69 P&P included on this so I'm hoping I'll not be disapointed but i've heard decent things about this wheel so I'm hopeful

PS. Alien is a spider monkey and rides all the bmx's at the same time hence why he needs so many of them :P
It's a new experience with proper wheel when you play in VR though takes a bit to get use to I found
RAM: 2x 8GB CORSAIR VENGENCE LED
GPU: Gigabyte white 2070
PSU: Corsair Rm850x
Old 23-09-21, 10:53 AM
OC3D Crew

I'll start with the normal way first have sega rally and outrun installed and ready then Dirt 2.0 ect all the normal, maybe some other arcade games before using it in VR at least get used to it first, but i've heard good things about the kit for an older wheel.

So long as it works fine and turns up in one piece i'll be happy, so a few days to wait before testing it all out in everything, but the sellers pictures were decent and show'd plenty so it seems in good condition.

Even for a slight upgrade to a G29 or 150/tmx even 2nd hand would have cost me more than double then after that brand new ones are 225+ insane how high the prices on them go tbh.

So much so you could go out and buy a decent 2nd hand car lol

I had a small thought about pedal slippage, so ordered a cheap Yoga Knee Mat it should work others seem to say it will work well small enough to go under the desk and have the pedals sit on it, i'll report back if it's a GG fix
Old 23-09-21, 02:57 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNosser View Post
I'll start with the normal way first have sega rally and outrun installed and ready then Dirt 2.0 ect all the normal, maybe some other arcade games before using it in VR at least get used to it first, but i've heard good things about the kit for an older wheel.

So long as it works fine and turns up in one piece i'll be happy, so a few days to wait before testing it all out in everything, but the sellers pictures were decent and show'd plenty so it seems in good condition.

Even for a slight upgrade to a G29 or 150/tmx even 2nd hand would have cost me more than double then after that brand new ones are 225+ insane how high the prices on them go tbh.

So much so you could go out and buy a decent 2nd hand car lol

I had a small thought about pedal slippage, so ordered a cheap Yoga Knee Mat it should work others seem to say it will work well small enough to go under the desk and have the pedals sit on it, i'll report back if it's a GG fix
If you have your desk against a wall you can have them against that or there's a grip o the bottom for carpets
RAM: 2x 8GB CORSAIR VENGENCE LED
GPU: Gigabyte white 2070
PSU: Corsair Rm850x
Old 23-09-21, 02:59 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenback View Post
If you have your desk against a wall you can have them against that or there's a grip o the bottom for carpets
Well I have hard floors no carpet under the desk, but even against the wall it could move about so i'll give this a go plus it was only £3 so no real loss
Old 24-09-21, 01:43 AM
Resident Newb

1 more piece for my red, White and black themed build

Old 27-09-21, 06:43 PM
OC3D Elite

Officially back on air cooling now. This thing is an absolute monster; silent while idle, quiet when gaming and my CPU is now topping out at 64°C rather than hitting 80-90°C on the H100i. Had to replace my RAM as mine was too tall and while doing so, I thought 'sod it' and upped to 32GiB and since I have a Ryzen tuned kit, I can finally hit its rated speed of 3600MHz on my 1700X.