Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Cooling Forum > Liquid Cooling

Old 06-04-19, 06:40 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Nice one man
Its getting dark outside, well chuffed only thing I can hear now are the screaming kids outside, PC is Mega Silent

https://valid.x86.fr/6w9bi0
Old 07-04-19, 12:57 AM
OC3D Elite

Had a long gaming session tonight (Hitman 2), hitting mid to high 50s on the GPU core and the water temp is very warm in the loop also. I guess if the water temp is rising then that's a good sign. Speed on the D5 is 50%. I definitely think I need another rad. For a quick bench I never see the temps go over 49c.

Old 07-04-19, 05:34 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTLN View Post
Had a long gaming session tonight (Hitman 2), hitting mid to high 50s on the GPU core and the water temp is very warm in the loop also. I guess if the water temp is rising then that's a good sign. Speed on the D5 is 50%. I definitely think I need another rad. For a quick bench I never see the temps go over 49c.
As I said earlier in the thread eventually you will hit a wall and that will be your saturation point. Your GPU temps sound very similar to mine, and I've only got 240 each for the CPU and GPU.

Maybe you will need another for when you add the CPU, IDK. I don't overclock my CPUs so there may be something to be had there.

If you don't like what I post don't read it.
Old 07-04-19, 11:37 AM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
It's all relative as it'll depend entirely on what the room temperature and the case ambient temperatures are. Even so, high 50's does seem a little higher than I'd expect. (I'd expect around 45-50)

If you have a thermometer, check what your room temperature is near the pc, then check inside the case.

Old 07-04-19, 07:38 PM
OC3D Elite

Time Spy Extreme (4k) Stability test:

Port Royal :

Old 12-04-19, 07:25 AM
OC3D Elite

Received a new rad yesterday and installed the TT Cpu block, the 9900k is a bitch to cool !

AVX workloads at 5ghz 1.275v are still close to high 80s.

Overall temps are now idling in the low to mid 20s although I think ambient have also dropped a little.

The GPU clock seems to be a lot more stable now, averaging 2025mhz during benchmarks (3D Mark, Superposition) but constantly hitting Power Limit (366w on my card).

I flashed the Galax 380w bios but the memory timings are rubbish on this card which results in lower scores than my original Gigabyte bios.

Things to note, flush flush & flush the loop and then flush some more. 3 times I have drained this week due to floaters blocking up the fins on my gpu block, cpu block was also the same ! !

With regards to the loop the loop tubing in my case, its only temporary, will defo get some straight tubing in their this summer when I have more time.

Also I'm wondering if any straight tubing exists for the fittings that I have already bought which are compatible with 16mm outer and 13mm inner diameter ( https://www.thermaltake.com/products...?id=C_00002500) ?

Here are some piccies :

Old 12-04-19, 07:44 AM
OC3D Elite

My apologies. I forgot to tell you that everything needs serious cleaning before you can use it. Have had a lot on my mind recently.

With regards to your CPU temps, this is why we said you didn't need a huge amount of rad space. Once you hit saturation temps nothing makes a difference.

If you don't like what I post don't read it.
Old 12-04-19, 08:00 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
My apologies. I forgot to tell you that everything needs serious cleaning before you can use it. Have had a lot on my mind recently.

With regards to your CPU temps, this is why we said you didn't need a huge amount of rad space. Once you hit saturation temps nothing makes a difference.
Alien and I are firm believers that when it comes to radiators, there is no such thing as OVERKILL

btw, very good job sir on your first loop. Looks outstanding.
Old 12-04-19, 08:05 AM
OC3D Elite

Cheers guys for the help !!

Old 12-04-19, 08:09 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Cheers guys for the help !!
Your temps are well within limits though, so perhaps just settle and enjoy it before tweaking it some more.