Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Processors & Platforms > Mainboard & CPU
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 13-08-14, 11:31 AM
gelroyliao gelroyliao is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 7
I need help on what Motherboard should I choose for 4690k!

I'm still confused of what motherboard should I be buying. In the price range of $250 or less as much as possible depending on the features of the mobo. I will be running at 4690k and will be doing SLI in the future. I need advice or you might suggest other decent mobo for $250 or less? I kinda like Gold or Red Scheme though.

As for me, I'm choosing between these:
ASRock Fatal1ty Z97X KILLER
MSI z87 GD65 Gaming
MSI Z97 Gaming 5
[S]ASUS Z87 SABERTOOTH[/S]
Asus Z97-A
Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 7

*Edit: I realized that Z87 Sabertooth was not already in my price range.

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 13-08-14, 11:38 AM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
Resident Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ye Olde England
Posts: 14,881
If your getting the 4690K then the Z97 platform would be your best bet, Works too with Z87 but to be on the safe side Z97 should be the only choice and there's no real reason to go for the Z87 platform if your buying new.

Personally I would go for the Sabertooth Z97, Rock solid board

$238 from Newegg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-124-_-Product
__________________
= Steam/Origin/Uplay - Dicehunter =
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 13-08-14, 11:51 AM
gelroyliao gelroyliao is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
If your getting the 4690K then the Z97 platform would be your best bet, Works too with Z87 but to be on the safe side Z97 should be the only choice and there's no real reason to go for the Z87 platform if your buying new.

Personally I would go for the Sabertooth Z97, Rock solid board

$238 from Newegg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-124-_-Product
Thank you mate! Can you suggest any other decent mobo for my price range? im definitely oc-ing as soon as i get my after market cooler.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 13-08-14, 12:06 PM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
Resident Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ye Olde England
Posts: 14,881
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelroyliao View Post
Thank you mate! Can you suggest any other decent mobo for my price range? im definitely oc-ing as soon as i get my after market cooler.
The Asus Maximus VII Hero

$211.99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813132125

Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK

$199.99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813128722


If you want any more options the best bet is to do a little research on new egg -

http://www.newegg.com/
__________________
= Steam/Origin/Uplay - Dicehunter =
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 13-08-14, 12:17 PM
gelroyliao gelroyliao is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
The Asus Maximus VII Hero

$211.99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813132125

Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK

$199.99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813128722


If you want any more options the best bet is to do a little research on new egg -

http://www.newegg.com/

Copy that, thank you so much!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 13-08-14, 12:20 PM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
Resident Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ye Olde England
Posts: 14,881
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelroyliao View Post
Copy that, thank you so much!
Your welcome
__________________
= Steam/Origin/Uplay - Dicehunter =
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 16-08-14, 02:13 PM
nexusmaniac's Avatar
nexusmaniac nexusmaniac is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Coventry, UK
Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelroyliao View Post
I'm still confused of what motherboard should I be buying. In the price range of $250 or less as much as possible depending on the features of the mobo. I will be running at 4690k and will be doing SLI in the future. I need advice or you might suggest other decent mobo for $250 or less? I kinda like Gold or Red Scheme though.

As for me, I'm choosing between these:
ASRock Fatal1ty Z97X KILLER
MSI z87 GD65 Gaming
MSI Z97 Gaming 5
[S]ASUS Z87 SABERTOOTH[/S]
Asus Z97-A
Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 7

*Edit: I realized that Z87 Sabertooth was not already in my price range.
http://www.newegg.com/global/uk/Prod...-704-_-Product

Although it's not gold or red, this is a great board, I can personally recommend this The OC capabilities are great and it's cheap considering the amount of features is has + the outstanding build quality
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 16-08-14, 02:37 PM
Excalabur50's Avatar
Excalabur50 Excalabur50 is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 6,582
Go the MSI Gaming 5
__________________
DRAGON'S MIST
Coolermaster H500P White ARGB=AMD Ryzen 5950X=MSI Prestige X570 Creation=Intel Optane SSD 9 480GB PCIE=32gig 3600Mhz White Dom Plats RGB= MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio=Coolermaster ML360R ARGB=MSI Optix MPG341CQR=Roccat AIMO 122=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Roccat Kone AIMO White=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with RBG strip=Windows 10 Pro=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=MSI Agility GD60 RGB Mousepad=Chasepower Pure Sinewave UPS
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 30-08-14, 07:42 PM
Euro_Bucks's Avatar
Euro_Bucks Euro_Bucks is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 52
Biostar Hi-Fi Z97WE @ $125

http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/...n.php?S_ID=731
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 30-08-14, 09:36 PM
paulstung's Avatar
paulstung paulstung is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,755
Wow mate, you seem to have a bit of a brand crush going on with Biostar, you don't work for them do you..lol
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 12:20 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.