Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Project Logs & Gallery > Project Logs

Old 13-10-20, 10:54 PM
OC3D Elite

Another big shout out to the knob head at MSI who thought it was a good idea to put 6 red LEDs around the motherboard.

If you don't like what I post don't read it.
Old 13-10-20, 11:29 PM
OC3D Elite

LOL! I don't think you can escape LEDs on any board these days.

Old 13-10-20, 11:31 PM
OC3D Elite

There's one on every single RAM slot, two down the side and the power and reset buttons also light red.

bring on the black vinyl.... Oh, and that sodding white PCIE one too. What's the point in them when the board has a diagnosing set of 7 segs ffs?

Old 15-10-20, 12:20 PM
OC3D Elite

Drives are all fitted. BIOS flashed, as it was totally unstable. I wonder how the other guy used it tbh. It was on a 2017 bios FFS.

Distro is now lit, just the pump top to go. CPU block's RGB strip has died, can't revive it. Bit gutted about that. Not much I can do though and I am not taking it all apart to change it now (I could, I have an EK strip I could use but screw that).

Performance in games is much better. Doom Eternal is highly enjoyable at 1440p. Easily clearing 140 FPS with UN settings.

Oh and note I have "done a Tom" and put the PSU in with the fan facing up. The reason? someone went and blocked the rear exhaust fan with a whacking great distro lol. It rarely spins up, but does when it counts.

Old 17-10-20, 12:36 PM
OC3D Elite

OK so the RGB is finished. The adapter for the pump top arrived yesterday.

However I am having issues. Sometimes when I launch a game the rig freezes. Sometimes when I exit a game and go back to the menu it freezes. This morning it was random freezing.

Normally I would be perplexed. However, yesterday when playing SOTTR I got an error message that said "Your graphics card driver crashed etc". I am 90% it's the Cooler Master ribbon. I had issues with it before. They seem to be a one shot deal. IE, if you start bending on them etc they break. They are the early type, and a bit crap. So I ordered this.

Because that is the best way of doing it. Not only are the cables encased in rubber and split (so it bends easy without putting stress on the wires) but the ends are both reinforced too.

If that doesn't solve it? then it is the RAM. Which I have already decided I am not replacing any time soon so I will just have to live with it. Oddly in the 14 hours I gamed yesterday I only had the one crash in game. However, like I said I've seen dodgy ribbons before so I am pretty certain that is what is going on.

Old 17-10-20, 01:36 PM
OC3D Elite

Mod 1.