Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > Software Section > Games

Old 15-11-11, 09:06 PM
OC3D Elite

re: origin

i5-2500K @ 4.8Ghz | 16G DDR3 | P8Z68-V GEN3 | Archlinux | Ryzen 7 Soon?
Old 16-11-11, 09:01 AM
Advanced Member

TBH I think the game is awesome.. The SP was great as is the MP. It's only the menu/battlelog thing thats a disapointment really, if they implimented the menu in game it would have been even better.

MSI GTX1060
i5-4690K @4.4GHz
16GB Corsair Vengence
Silverstone 550W
MSI z97I-AC
Old 16-11-11, 09:07 AM

Send a message via MSN to Fez Send a message via Skype™ to Fez
The game is very good and worth getting I have had access to it since the Alpha trials and even though there were a few niggles with it back then its been an amazing game so far and hopefully there will be more to come
Old 16-11-11, 09:23 AM
OC3D Elite

The best Multiplayer game ever honestly it's shockingly good. Worth investing in the money for, good speakers, GPU etc, sound is great, visuals are great, a very good balance general gaming aspects and enhanced alot over any other game. Amazon reviews, hmm Activision maby spent their greedy profit on spamming it? Seems rediculous you say loads of 2 star ratings THAT'S C*AP.

I got a BETA nVidia drive it released the other day and the original bugs are almost eliminated and no driver problems. The ebgine has some faults BFBC2's engine has like rare crash to desktop when the level is loaded, it doesn't like custom AA transparancy settings (that's now fixed in BFBC2), screen flicker is nearly eliminated with the BETA driver.

A little niggle I had is how they made the effects user friendly like when a vehicle is about to blow up the smoke eminating look erraticly stupid, and that's just to warn the player of the explosion to come, but it looks stupid, I'd prefer some CRYSIS stlye explosins an the bombs dropped dont create enough fire! picky eh?! It's great fun, get it and if you still wnder if it's worth it, well thousands of people and millions os dollars made this game,£20-£30 for you cuts it in your favour with minimal effort bargain.
Old 16-11-11, 02:27 PM
OC3D Elite

Be careful of the language you choose please.

Thanks.
Old 16-11-11, 04:47 PM
OC3D Crew

I have been playing it like crazy, have something like 50hours online so far, only had about 3 games that I got bumped out of, I think because of the server for that particular game reset or shut down. I have not had a single actual game crash, Have played the main online multiplayer mode, Co-op mode, and a little single player and have not had a single issue. So I do not know where the whole Unplayable thing is coming from, unless you have to have internet connection to play the single player as well and you have no internet, I guess that could be an issue lol.

Any game will rub each player a different way, all I can say is I find the game both very nice graphically and fun.

There are a couple issues however I wish they would fix. First is the voice communication, On PC you really can not voice communicate with anyone on the team unless you guys are in a party, so that means you have to friend up- party up etc, I just want to jump in a room and have the mic on and everyone able to communicate like MW on Xbox. So basically all in-game com is done in the chat box which is a pain in the ass if you are busy using your hands to actually play the game.

Also, Punk Buster is pretty good and kicking/banning the cheaters, but every once in a while you get someone in a game with an Aim-bot that PB does not detect. So I tend to stick to hard core rooms so if we get one of them in the game and on our team, we can team kill the out of them. But even so, you only run into those aimbotters once in a while. Hopefully they will update PB to detect it better. I notice EA tends to punish these guys by resetting their stats, which is not very effective as they play just to people off not for stats, so continue to do what they do, EA needs to have a 0 tolerance policy and ban them.

But over all the game is in my opinion, Great.

Not sure if it makes any difference but I am in the U.S. and stick to servers in my region. If you are not in the U.S. I do not know if that makes a difference in how much you crash, if you are on the south american servers on south american internet, Maybe you crash more? I don't know. Not sure why people are reporting so many crashes, I would think more likely an internet issue not so much a game issue.
Old 16-11-11, 05:46 PM
OC3D Elite

Hmm, I would rather not have battlelog, or have it as an accessory so you could check up on your stats from time to time when you aren't gaming. I would personally prefer to have the ability to choose and find servers in-game instead of going in and out of the game.

Having said that, I've not had any game issues or glitches yet, I just made sure I did a clean install of my nVidia drivers and I've been fine. One bug is where launching BF3 thru Origin goes straight to the campaign rather than launching BattleLog, but that's always a one-off, so it's not too major.

It's a great game, and I've got decent headphones plus a soundcard so you can literally hear everything, which in any FPS is a massive plus point. I've come across one or two trolls so far, but just spawn on other squad mates instead of your team's default spawn and that meant I avoided them.
Old 16-11-11, 07:08 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via MSN to BloomerzUK
I like Battlelog to be honest. It's quick and reliable. Updates and new features can be deployed with no client side updates!
Old 17-11-11, 08:00 PM
OC3D Elite

Constant game game disconnects have put me of bf3. it works fine when it wants but then BAMN!!!!.... "game has been disconnected"
| Asus X399 Zenith Extreme | AMD Threadripper 1900X | 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB | Nvidia Titan Xp | Western Digital 500GB & 512GB NVME M.2 SSDs | Corsair AX1500i | LG 32" 4K HDR Monitor | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS Edition | Corsair M65|