Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 02-12-19, 01:17 PM
OC3D Elite

Independent analysis and tear downs by UBS and Fomalhaut Techno Solutions has found Huawei's flagship model launched in September, the Mate 30, contained no US chips, indicating Huawei presumably started work to replace the parts long before the ban came into full effect in May, and that the imminent reversal on policy may not have as much impact going forward.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/huawei-...ps-11575196201

Old 02-12-19, 03:28 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrech View Post
Independent analysis and tear downs by UBS and Fomalhaut Techno Solutions has found Huawei's flagship model launched in September, the Mate 30, contained no US chips, indicating Huawei presumably started work to replace the parts long before the ban came into full effect in May, and that the imminent reversal on policy may not have as much impact going forward.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/huawei-...ps-11575196201
Huawei blockage of terminals in US and EU is but a smidge on their total revenue. They profit more on their own asia market. Even if Google remains prohibited from collaboration, Huawei are on the verge of creating their own OS via open source software. Only downside is the support for google playstore.

Its the removal of all their non core/core equipment that will dent them more, dropping their base stations/routers and switches for 4G and 5G and replacing with a competitor like Ericsson for example.

That in itself is a shame because Huawei are way ahead of anyone else when it comes to 5G. And their 4G technology in terms of customisation and feature rich environments is a god send when it comes to configurations.
Old 03-12-19, 05:45 PM
OC3D Elite

Black Widow Trailer looks kinda good

Marvel Trailers normally do but this film could actually be good for a change

Server PC: 2700x, 16GB Corsair DDR4, MSI GTX 1660Ti, Gigabyte 120Gb M.2, Crucial 240Gb SSD, WD Blue 500Gb SSD, 2x Seagate 6Tb HDD's
Old 03-12-19, 05:52 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Well it can't be worse than Captain Marvel...
Old 03-12-19, 05:57 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Well it can't be worse than Captain Marvel...

Heres hoping, although I still have not seen it as I refuse to watch anything with that annoying women in it.

Server PC: 2700x, 16GB Corsair DDR4, MSI GTX 1660Ti, Gigabyte 120Gb M.2, Crucial 240Gb SSD, WD Blue 500Gb SSD, 2x Seagate 6Tb HDD's
Old 03-12-19, 11:49 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien c View Post
Heres hoping, although I still have not seen it as I refuse to watch anything with that annoying women in it.
Don't bother. It was awful and I only went because the tickets were free. It still felt like I lost money.
Old 04-12-19, 01:29 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Huawei blockage of terminals in US and EU is but a smidge on their total revenue. They profit more on their own asia market. Even if Google remains prohibited from collaboration, Huawei are on the verge of creating their own OS via open source software. Only downside is the support for google playstore.

Its the removal of all their non core/core equipment that will dent them more, dropping their base stations/routers and switches for 4G and 5G and replacing with a competitor like Ericsson for example.

That in itself is a shame because Huawei are way ahead of anyone else when it comes to 5G. And their 4G technology in terms of customisation and feature rich environments is a god send when it comes to configurations.
Huawei is showing that it can be done. How many others will say "We don't need those monkeys" and decide to pull out from American companies and market.
Old 04-12-19, 06:32 AM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien c View Post

If you have 2 hours to kill I highly recommend watching paint dry, So much more exciting than Brie Larsons acting.

Old 04-12-19, 08:59 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Don't bother. It was awful and I only went because the tickets were free. It still felt like I lost money.
You know its bad when even NBD says so.
Old 04-12-19, 09:07 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avet View Post
Huawei is showing that it can be done. How many others will say "We don't need those monkeys" and decide to pull out from American companies and market.
Yeah this was more my point, US trade war stuff is about to be reversed anyway. The upcoming silicon design war between US and China is just getting started.