Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 25-07-17, 12:05 PM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,130
Radeon RX Vega benchmarks leak online

Is this really all that Vega has to offer?



Read more on these leaked benchmark results for AMD's Radeon RX Vega.

__________________
I'm not saying that 1984 is a bad book, but the dystopia we are currently living in has much better worldbuilding.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 25-07-17, 12:12 PM
The_Governour's Avatar
The_Governour The_Governour is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 762
I would say it is what is expected.... a bit more than a 1080. If rumors are true and it will be 300€ cheaper than a 1080 then its a good card. As it would interest potential 1070 buyers.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 25-07-17, 12:20 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 7,796
All about the price.
__________________
He used to do surgery
For girls in the eighties
But gravity always wins




Young man ya too girly girly, you're just a Cadbury's Curly Wurly
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 25-07-17, 12:59 PM
TheF34RChannel's Avatar
TheF34RChannel TheF34RChannel is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,207
Too little too late IMHO
__________________
Asus Maximus VIII Hero Z170 | Intel i5-6600K 4.6GHz | Corsair H105 | Corsair Vengeance LPX 3GHz CL15 16GB | Asus GTX 1080 Strix A8G | EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 | Crucial MX200 500 GB | 760T | Acer XB270HU 1440p
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 25-07-17, 01:09 PM
Daiyus's Avatar
Daiyus Daiyus is offline
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Governour View Post
I would say it is what is expected.... a bit more than a 1080. If rumors are true and it will be 300€ cheaper than a 1080 then its a good card. As it would interest potential 1070 buyers.
Exactly this. Most people don't need 1080/Ti performance, and while having it is nice it's actually still a good thing for AMD to provide competition in a bigger sector.

As I'm only looking for the power of a GTX 1070 for my next build then RX Vega will certainly be an option if the price is right. No need to hate on a product because it's not the best thing on the market; look at what it offers for the price and then judge.

Even if you want a GTX 1080 Ti or equivalent there's no point in trashing RX Vega; it is what it is and will offer what it offers. Just buy a GTX 1080 Ti and be happy. No point in being brand loyal if they don't have the product you want but a competitor does.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 25-07-17, 01:14 PM
Korreborg's Avatar
Korreborg Korreborg is offline
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Viborg - Denmark
Posts: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Governour View Post
I would say it is what is expected.... a bit more than a 1080. If rumors are true and it will be 300€ cheaper than a 1080 then its a good card. As it would interest potential 1070 buyers.
Compared to what? The 1080 spans from 680-800€ and if the rumor says 500€ there is a huge chance it's mis translation and it's 500$ = 1080
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 25-07-17, 01:15 PM
TheF34RChannel's Avatar
TheF34RChannel TheF34RChannel is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daiyus View Post
Exactly this. Most people don't need 1080/Ti performance, and while having it is nice it's actually still a good thing for AMD to provide competition in a bigger sector.

As I'm only looking for the power of a GTX 1070 for my next build then RX Vega will certainly be an option if the price is right. No need to hate on a product because it's not the best thing on the market; look at what it offers for the price and then judge.

Even if you want a GTX 1080 Ti or equivalent there's no point in trashing RX Vega; it is what it is and will offer what it offers. Just buy a GTX 1080 Ti and be happy. No point in being brand loyal if they don't have the product you want but a competitor does.
Hmm my disappointment with it is that again AMD has nothing to offer in the enthusiast segment, where it would be so nice to have some solid competition since there's only (and sadly) two chip makers.
__________________
Asus Maximus VIII Hero Z170 | Intel i5-6600K 4.6GHz | Corsair H105 | Corsair Vengeance LPX 3GHz CL15 16GB | Asus GTX 1080 Strix A8G | EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 | Crucial MX200 500 GB | 760T | Acer XB270HU 1440p
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 25-07-17, 01:18 PM
Korreborg's Avatar
Korreborg Korreborg is offline
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Viborg - Denmark
Posts: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daiyus View Post
As I'm only looking for the power of a GTX 1070 for my next build then RX Vega will certainly be an option if the price is right. No need to hate on a product because it's not the best thing on the market; look at what it offers for the price and then judge.
But the 1070 is 150watt TDP and the rumor says 300watt TDP for the Vega = if on a budget this can be a huge factor depending on power cost. It's high in Denmark.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 25-07-17, 01:23 PM
Daiyus's Avatar
Daiyus Daiyus is offline
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by The F34R Channel View Post
Hmm my disappointment with it is that again AMD has nothing to offer in the enthusiast segment, where it would be so nice to have some solid competition since there's only (and sadly) two chip makers.
I agree with being disappointed. I like AMD and want them to succeed to push competition but RX Vega not matching a GTX 1080 Ti is a disappointment.

I just don't understand how some people seem to think it's a trash card or "too little too late". Are GTX 1070's bad cards now? Would you be an idiot to buy one? Or is the simple fact that it was first to offer that price/performance a reason to ignore the equivalent competition?

It's people with that mindset that frustrate me. From what I can tell GTX 1070's are still hugely popular so I can't see how AMD offering competition there is a BAD thing. Disappointing it isn't better? Yes, but a BAD product? No.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Korreborg View Post
But the 1070 is 150watt TDP and the rumor says 300watt TDP for the Vega = if on a budget this can be a huge factor depending on power cost. It's high in Denmark.
Which is a perfectly valid argument and if that makes the option of the GTX 1070 the better prospect in that situation then buy the GTX 1070. I only said it would be an option; something to consider when planning a build. Not necessarily the 100% go-to for all builds in that tier and not a product to completely ignore and not even look at the specs for either..
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 25-07-17, 01:26 PM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ye Olde England
Posts: 11,514
Send a message via Skype™ to Dicehunter
It's what I was expecting, Around 1070/1080 performance, Now the price will be the real interesting part.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump








All times are GMT. The time now is 01:09 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.