Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old Today, 09:06 PM
OC3D Elite

OK so back from bikes to computers. I need to loop up the Fury X. Few issues. Firstly the positioning of the GPU and how the hose needs to be. So I got this.

And will use the 45 deg I have as the intake. I am sure with the three I can work something out that works.

Then a conundrum. It's quite ironic. About ten days ago I was sitting at home typing from what I thought was a completed PC. Then the Fury X happened and I realised I had made a mistake.. The board I am using uses two 8 pin EPS. One for the 8 phases and one for the PCIE lanes. Now usually they have a 6 pin PCIE but no, Alienware had to go and bloody use two EPS. It won't post without it. I have this PSU.

https://cougargaming.com/en/products/psus/cmd/

I have the 600w model. 49 amps on the 12v rail, more than enough. Problem is the PSU has one EPS (as do about 90% of PSUs) and two 8 pin PCIE. So I cut up the second PCIE to make the second EPS. Cool beans ! lol then I got a Fury X which wants two 8 pin PCIE. DOH. Mind you, either way I would have had to mess around. I am not worried about current draw, because the CPU uses 80w and is locked to F. So I have ordered this.

I only want the plugs off of that. Then I got 3 sets of these (so 6)

And this.

I know, right now you are thinking "WTF is that for?". Click the link for the PSU again. The PSU is active and has a micro usb so you can monitor what voltage you are eating and loads of other cool stuff. I've never hooked it up lmao.

Oh I got this too.

I did think about outsourcing the cables. Then my pal Gareth (who saves my life all of the time. Seriously, a real true friend) offered to make the wires (male to double female splits) so I am going to braid them myself.

I contacted To The Wire and he gave me a big lecture on overloading etc etc. Yup, sorry mate forgot to tell you I'm a noob alright ! If that is the case then why do Corsair, EVGA and pretty much every one else make a single 8 pin plug with 8 single wires that then daisy chain to two f*****g 6/8 pins?

Makes you wonder huh? who is the noob.

Any way, that will be his lot. I don't like businesses that argue with you instead of actually listening and making the sale. If he wants to turn business down that is his shout.

Who do you think you are? running 'round leaving scars. Collecting your jar of hearts, tearing love apart. You're gonna catch a cold, from the ice inside your soul, so don't come back for me, don't come back at all.