Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 01-08-13, 01:21 PM
OC3D Elite

Android is awesome!

I love Apple, and iOS, I went through a stage of buying everything from them, iPhone 4, The New iPad, iPod 5th Gen, iPod Shuffle, Apple TV but when I switched to Android last November with the Galaxy S3, I was surprised how good it is. Like I said earlier, I got a Sony Xperia Z last week which is also Android, again great phone. 5" is the maximum for my hands though, I'm glad I didn't wait and get the Xperia Z Ultra which is 6.4"!

Old 01-08-13, 01:46 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunB-91 View Post
Android is awesome!

I love Apple, and iOS, I went through a stage of buying everything from them, iPhone 4, The New iPad, iPod 5th Gen, iPod Shuffle, Apple TV but when I switched to Android last November with the Galaxy S3, I was surprised how good it is. Like I said earlier, I got a Sony Xperia Z last week which is also Android, again great phone. 5" is the maximum for my hands though, I'm glad I didn't wait and get the Xperia Z Ultra which is 6.4"!
you bought 3 phones over the course of 2 years?
Old 01-08-13, 01:49 PM
OC3D Elite

Lol nooo, I bought five.

I had an iPhone 4, then about a year ago I was like uggh I'll get a BlackBerry, got that but had trouble so told Orange to kiss my butt, got a Galaxy S3 and fixed the BlackBerry, my Dad took the BlackBerry on, gave the iPhone 4 to my Mum, that contract is almost up so bought her an iPhone 5, and got myself a Sony Xperia Z.

So myself personally have two contracts to pay atm. I'm going to pay the S3 contract off next month probably. £509.
Old 01-08-13, 01:51 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunB-91 View Post
Lol nooo, I bought five.

I had an iPhone 4, then about a year ago I was like uggh I'll get a BlackBerry, got that but had trouble so told Orange to kiss my butt, got a Galaxy S3 and fixed the BlackBerry, my Dad took the BlackBerry on, gave the iPhone 4 to my Mum, that contract is almost up so bought her an iPhone 5, and got myself a Sony Xperia Z.

So myself personally have two contracts to pay atm.
my phone is 5 years old and i am only now considering to buy a new one. what makes you buy so many phones? the difference isn't that big, especially when they use the same OS.
Old 01-08-13, 01:53 PM
OC3D Elite

Honestly, addiction to having the latest one I think.

The S3 is a AWESOME phone, but when I started checking out the newer ones, I was like :| WATERPROOF! so I bought it, because I have an OCD of leaving my phone around, don't want people messing on it or my neices messing with drinks round it etc.

I think it costs me about £90-100 a month,

My Sony Xperia Z is £35.
The Galaxy S3 is £32 I think, I did have insurance on it for £7 but took that away the other day.
I pay £20 I think for the iPhone 5, because originally my Mum had an old LG with just a pay monthly SIM for £15, I said she could have the iPhone 4 but she couldn't spend more than that really just on a phone so I agreed to pay the rest, that agreement has carried over to the iPhone 5.
The BlackBerry my Dad pays although I do pay £6 insurance because he drops them all the time, no way is it being in a two year contract in my name and him being as clumsy as he is have no insurance.
Old 01-08-13, 02:50 PM
The Webmaster

you've got far too much money for your own good...
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | i7-8700k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz DDR4 | nVidia RTX 2080Ti | Creative Audigy Rx | 1Tb Samsung 970 EVO+ M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 QVO | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM850 | Fractal Define S | Noctua NH-U14S | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro

Notice: Don't feed the trolls!
Old 01-08-13, 10:53 PM
OC3D Crew

I had my previous phone for years. I'd probably still have it if my provider US Cellular did not enter into a deal with Sprint and is selling its holdings in a tri-state area to Sprint. I have no idea why. US Cellular's Michigan, Indiana and Ohio towers and customers are all being sold to Sprint. I guess the good thing is US Cellular had a great network in this tri-state area and Srint is adding it after being updated to their network. US Cellular has a huge flag pole cell tower in my town just half a mile from my house as the crow flys, that would be nice if it goes Sprint. My old phone will not work on Sprint's network, so I was basically forced to get a new phone.

Old 02-08-13, 12:30 AM
OC3D Crew

Personally , I don't understand these people that have to get a new phone every year or when new stuff comes out.
But I'm not one of those that live on the phone , or really need one every day.
I usually use electronics until it starts acting up or stops working.
Corsair 650D, MSI Z77A-GD65 , I7-3770k, Corsair H100i w/sp120 QE ,G.Skill Ares 16gb 2133 c9, Asus Blu-Ray Burner, Asus Xonar STX ,Corsair Neutron GTX 240gb ,W.D. black 1TB ,Seagate 3TB, MSI GTX 680 Lightning, Corsair AX760i ,Case Fans : Front : CM 200 blue,Rear : Corsair AF 120 PE , Klipsch 2.1 , Sennheiser HD650 , 2 x Samsung 23" 1080p , Logitech G710+
Old 02-08-13, 06:51 AM
OC3D Elite

I only use mine such as Instagram, Twitter and YouTube at night. I don't have it to hand all day because I don't need to check social networks every five minutes, and I don't want to drain the battery. If I get a text it usually takes me hours to reply anyway.

I don't live on the phone. Like I said it's addiction.
Old 02-08-13, 08:00 AM
OC3D Crew

I got my first phone call on my new phone a couple weeks ago and then today my second and third phone calls on it. Funny thing, all three phone calls from my EX wife. I only hear from her when she needs something. She sounded ed when I didn't run right over to fix her lawn mower. I was beat, had just gotten back from a trip to Chicago again. I was nice, told her what to do to fix it, rather than tell her to call the latest loser boyfriend to help her...none of them know their ass from a whole in the ground when it comes to anything mechanical or computer related. Not bitter, just the facts, so she calls the EX.