Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #5591  
Old 22-09-15, 12:38 PM
SPS SPS is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 6,355


Quote:
Originally Posted by jimma47 View Post
How does it compare to RAGE? I really liked that but haven't looked at Mad Max yet.
Never played RAGE so don't know I'm afraid.

Reply With Quote
  #5592  
Old 22-09-15, 12:49 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 15,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimma47 View Post
How does it compare to RAGE? I really liked that but haven't looked at Mad Max yet.
It's like RAGE on steroids. Sooo much more to do and it never stops.

I started it yesterday and put in about three hours, really enjoying it so far. It's more like Fallout 3 crossed with Batman than RAGE, though.

Only couple of things that have annoyed me so far are that sometimes the view changes when you're fighting so you can't see what you are doing and I've had objects refuse to let me pick them up (gas tanks mainly).

But overall it's really good fun.
__________________


If you don't like what I post don't read it.
Reply With Quote
  #5593  
Old 22-09-15, 12:54 PM
SPS SPS is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 6,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
It's like RAGE on steroids. Sooo much more to do and it never stops.

I started it yesterday and put in about three hours, really enjoying it so far. It's more like Fallout 3 crossed with Batman than RAGE, though.

Only couple of things that have annoyed me so far are that sometimes the view changes when you're fighting so you can't see what you are doing and I've had objects refuse to let me pick them up (gas tanks mainly).

But overall it's really good fun.
It's very similar to Shadow of Mordor if you've ever played that.
Reply With Quote
  #5594  
Old 22-09-15, 12:57 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 15,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPS View Post
It's very similar to Shadow of Mordor if you've ever played that.
Nah that's totally not my thing. You're talking to the dude that has never seen Harry Potter or a LOTR film and was more of a Indiana Jones fan as a kid over Star Wars.

I tried desperately to get into Witcher 3 but the theme was just not for me at all. I'm a Fallout boy, simple and pure.

This game though? well it hooked me yesterday I really like the idea of building the car too I think that's very clever. Who knows if it will pull me in in the long term though.
__________________


If you don't like what I post don't read it.
Reply With Quote
  #5595  
Old 22-09-15, 01:03 PM
Wraith's Avatar
Wraith Wraith is offline
Bettyswollocks
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: On the Moon.
Posts: 7,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
It's like RAGE on steroids. Sooo much more to do and it never stops.

I started it yesterday and put in about three hours, really enjoying it so far. It's more like Fallout 3 crossed with Batman than RAGE, though.

Only couple of things that have annoyed me so far are that sometimes the view changes when you're fighting so you can't see what you are doing and I've had objects refuse to let me pick them up (gas tanks mainly).

But overall it's really good fun.
I sort of compared it to Far Cry 3 with all the territory taking and map clearing with the leveling and fight physics from Arkham Asylum, I'm just hoping there will be new territory DLC in the future, they could expand this game soooo much.
__________________
“A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” ~ Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote
  #5596  
Old 22-09-15, 01:07 PM
SuB's Avatar
SuB SuB is offline
The Webmaster
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Taking a break
Posts: 8,721
Gameplay wise is's almost exaclty like Shadow of mordor, theme might be different, which is it. but the overall idea of the gameplay is very similar. (which makes sense as aren't they both WB games?)
__________________
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | i7-8700k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz DDR4 | nVidia RTX 2080Ti | Creative Audigy Rx | 1Tb Samsung 970 EVO+ M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 QVO | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM850 | Fractal Define S | Noctua NH-U14S | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro

Notice: Don't feed the trolls!
Reply With Quote
  #5597  
Old 22-09-15, 01:32 PM
SPS SPS is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 6,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Nah that's totally not my thing. You're talking to the dude that has never seen Harry Potter or a LOTR film and was more of a Indiana Jones fan as a kid over Star Wars.

I tried desperately to get into Witcher 3 but the theme was just not for me at all. I'm a Fallout boy, simple and pure.

This game though? well it hooked me yesterday I really like the idea of building the car too I think that's very clever. Who knows if it will pull me in in the long term though.
I was talking more towards Jimma47 so I should have quoted his post really

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuB View Post
Gameplay wise is's almost exaclty like Shadow of mordor, theme might be different, which is it. but the overall idea of the gameplay is very similar. (which makes sense as aren't they both WB games?)
Aye they are and I really like both of them.
Reply With Quote
  #5598  
Old 22-09-15, 08:15 PM
AverageNinja's Avatar
AverageNinja AverageNinja is offline
Average Penis Too
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 3,251


Played the beta back in the day, and I loved it. Decided to grab this, it's not letting me down so far. Plus, they actually remembered I was in the close beta and rewarded me (with an exclusive sign). Plus every new played gets a 'spark of light' so they can instantly level up one character to level 25 with some starter gear to start with the new The Taken King campaign instantly. Very excited to play some more!
__________________
JavaBean: Ryzen 5 1600 / Corsair ML240L RGB / ASUS Crosshair 6 Hero / 16GB Corsair LPX / ASUS RX 580 Strix / Corsair RM750X / Fractal Design Meshify C

OC3D Overclockers Club Member:
Nr. #00 (Club Owner)


Reply With Quote
  #5599  
Old 22-09-15, 10:49 PM
jimma47's Avatar
jimma47 jimma47 is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Hobart, Australia
Posts: 1,744
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
It's like RAGE on steroids. Sooo much more to do and it never stops.

I started it yesterday and put in about three hours, really enjoying it so far. It's more like Fallout 3 crossed with Batman than RAGE, though.

Only couple of things that have annoyed me so far are that sometimes the view changes when you're fighting so you can't see what you are doing and I've had objects refuse to let me pick them up (gas tanks mainly).

But overall it's really good fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPS View Post
I was talking more towards Jimma47 so I should have quoted his post really
Awesome I'll give it a crack. I'll also keep my eye out for Shadow of Mordor in the sales.
Cheers
__________________
Rig Gallery - Krusty III

Reply With Quote
  #5600  
Old 23-09-15, 11:46 AM
Kushiro Kushiro is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,188
So uh just got a duo of these in:




Unfortunately one was DOA and the one remaining has minor coil whine. Looking forward to pitting this against my current 980ti (hoping it doesn't do very well given the amount of dough it took to get a cherry picked trio of cards)

The only thing I am impressed by so far is the cooler (seriously considering using permanent marker on the yellow section on the side of the cooler if I am too lazy to paint)
__________________
i7 5930k 4.7Ghz ~1.34v - Asus X99 Deluxe - G.Skill 32GB 2800mhz 4x8GB - NZXT Switch 810 White Edition - 3x EVGA Geforce GTX 980Ti - 2x Samsung 850 2TB - Corsair AX1500i

Watercooling - custom
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 12:10 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.