Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 22-09-15, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimma47 View Post
How does it compare to RAGE? I really liked that but haven't looked at Mad Max yet.
Never played RAGE so don't know I'm afraid.

Old 22-09-15, 12:49 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimma47 View Post
How does it compare to RAGE? I really liked that but haven't looked at Mad Max yet.
It's like RAGE on steroids. Sooo much more to do and it never stops.

I started it yesterday and put in about three hours, really enjoying it so far. It's more like Fallout 3 crossed with Batman than RAGE, though.

Only couple of things that have annoyed me so far are that sometimes the view changes when you're fighting so you can't see what you are doing and I've had objects refuse to let me pick them up (gas tanks mainly).

But overall it's really good fun.

If you don't like what I post don't read it.
Old 22-09-15, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post

I started it yesterday and put in about three hours, really enjoying it so far. It's more like Fallout 3 crossed with Batman than RAGE, though.

Only couple of things that have annoyed me so far are that sometimes the view changes when you're fighting so you can't see what you are doing and I've had objects refuse to let me pick them up (gas tanks mainly).

It's very similar to Shadow of Mordor if you've ever played that.
Old 22-09-15, 12:57 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPS View Post
It's very similar to Shadow of Mordor if you've ever played that.
Nah that's totally not my thing. You're talking to the dude that has never seen Harry Potter or a LOTR film and was more of a Indiana Jones fan as a kid over Star Wars.

I tried desperately to get into Witcher 3 but the theme was just not for me at all. I'm a Fallout boy, simple and pure.

This game though? well it hooked me yesterday I really like the idea of building the car too I think that's very clever. Who knows if it will pull me in in the long term though.

If you don't like what I post don't read it.
Old 22-09-15, 01:03 PM
Bettyswollocks

Quote:

I sort of compared it to Far Cry 3 with all the territory taking and map clearing with the leveling and fight physics from Arkham Asylum, I'm just hoping there will be new territory DLC in the future, they could expand this game soooo much.
Old 22-09-15, 01:07 PM
The Webmaster

Gameplay wise is's almost exaclty like Shadow of mordor, theme might be different, which is it. but the overall idea of the gameplay is very similar. (which makes sense as aren't they both WB games?)
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | i7-8700k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz DDR4 | nVidia RTX 2080Ti | Creative Audigy Rx | 1Tb Samsung 970 EVO+ M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 QVO | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM850 | Fractal Define S | Noctua NH-U14S | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro

Notice: Don't feed the trolls!
Old 22-09-15, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Nah that's totally not my thing. You're talking to the dude that has never seen Harry Potter or a LOTR film and was more of a Indiana Jones fan as a kid over Star Wars.

I tried desperately to get into Witcher 3 but the theme was just not for me at all. I'm a Fallout boy, simple and pure.

This game though? well it hooked me yesterday I really like the idea of building the car too I think that's very clever. Who knows if it will pull me in in the long term though.
I was talking more towards Jimma47 so I should have quoted his post really

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuB View Post
Gameplay wise is's almost exaclty like Shadow of mordor, theme might be different, which is it. but the overall idea of the gameplay is very similar. (which makes sense as aren't they both WB games?)
Aye they are and I really like both of them.
Old 22-09-15, 08:15 PM
Average Penis Too

Played the beta back in the day, and I loved it. Decided to grab this, it's not letting me down so far. Plus, they actually remembered I was in the close beta and rewarded me (with an exclusive sign). Plus every new played gets a 'spark of light' so they can instantly level up one character to level 25 with some starter gear to start with the new The Taken King campaign instantly. Very excited to play some more!

OC3D Overclockers Club Member:
Nr. #00 (Club Owner)

Old 22-09-15, 10:49 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPS View Post
I was talking more towards Jimma47 so I should have quoted his post really
Awesome I'll give it a crack. I'll also keep my eye out for Shadow of Mordor in the sales.
Cheers

Old 23-09-15, 11:46 AM
OC3D Elite

So uh just got a duo of these in:

Unfortunately one was DOA and the one remaining has minor coil whine. Looking forward to pitting this against my current 980ti (hoping it doesn't do very well given the amount of dough it took to get a cherry picked trio of cards)

The only thing I am impressed by so far is the cooler (seriously considering using permanent marker on the yellow section on the side of the cooler if I am too lazy to paint)

Watercooling - custom