Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 06-01-20, 10:58 AM
News Guru

Watch AMD's CES 2020 Press Conference Here - You won't want to miss this

Here's where AMD will be pushing the limits of high-performance computing.

Watch AMD's CES 2020 Press Conference.

Old 06-01-20, 11:34 AM
OC3D Crew

Why wouldn't I want to miss this? Is it going to disappear from the internet forever once it's over? Will there be no articles about their conference? What are you not telling us?
Old 06-01-20, 03:11 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImprovizoR View Post
Why wouldn't I want to miss this? Is it going to disappear from the internet forever once it's over? Will there be no articles about their conference? What are you not telling us?
Think of it like a sports game I guess, if you were very into a particular sport, you wouldn't want to miss one of the key events of the year being shown live, especially with that comfy 10pm UK slot. If you're not very into it, catch the highlights, they'll probably be half of tomorrows news roll.
Old 06-01-20, 05:19 PM
OC3D Elite

Aye, it's like the fa cup draw.

Old 06-01-20, 05:33 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrech View Post
Think of it like a sports game I guess, if you were very into a particular sport, you wouldn't want to miss one of the key events of the year being shown live, especially with that comfy 10pm UK slot. If you're not very into it, catch the highlights, they'll probably be half of tomorrows news roll.
I disagree. Unlike sports, which offers its viewers the fun and pleasure of watching live competition of athletes, these types of press conferences are just glorified ads. You don't have to watch ads live. In fact, I'd implore people not to do that.
Old 06-01-20, 05:45 PM
Old N Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImprovizoR View Post
It's a phrase to express excitement. It doesn't make a lot of sense, but it doesn't have to. It's like when people who make and sell crafty things say on Instagram: 'My new limited edition white beanies for black Friday will be gone quickly, so grab one before they're sold out!' It makes no sense. If they're sold out, how can anyone grab one? If everyone went to grab one quickly, they'd be gone and therefore you couldn't grab one. It's a statement that makes no sense, at least to me, and I hear it all the time. But it's to say, 'I haven't made many because limited edition stuff earns more money.'
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX
Old 06-01-20, 05:47 PM
OC3D Elite

You have a fair point if you don't find new technology interesting and therefore don't find the news that will come out of this entertaining.

But lets be honest, you'd be hard pressed to find TV coverage of any sport that doesn't have bucket loads of live adverts or sponsorship on the screen throughout the whole game, that ones a complete non point lol. As an F1 fan I don't even get to avoid the AMD ads (Here's a little game of spot the logo). In both cases, advertisement is rife throughout, and tangential to your enjoyment.

Old 06-01-20, 11:25 PM
OC3D Elite

Well after watching that I'd like that time of my life back TBH I wasn't that impressed, maybe the laptops were ok but the 5600 boring and why waffle on about 8k when they don't even have a gpu for 4k and then to close it out with a 4000us cpu
IMO it would have been more exciting talking about their Navi 21...........
NZXT Phantom 630 White=AMD Ryzen 3700X=MSI MPG X570 Gaming Pro Carbon WiFi=Intel Optane SSD 9 480GB PCIE=32gig 3200Mhz GSkill Flare X= Sapphire RX5700XT Nitro Plus=NZXT Kraken X62=MSI Optix MPG341CQR=MSI GK80 Vigor=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Cougar 700M=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with Aer RGB fans and RBG strip=Pioneer BDR-209D=Windows 10 Pro=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=Corsair MM800 RGB CE
Old 06-01-20, 11:37 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalabur50 View Post
Well after watching that I'd like that time of my life back TBH I wasn't that impressed, maybe the laptops were ok but the 5600 boring and why waffle on about 8k when they don't even have a gpu for 4k and then to close it out with a 4000us cpu
IMO it would have been more exciting talking about their Navi 21...........
Taking too far ahead would have made no sense. It would undermine the 5600XT and the new mobile GPUs.

AMD is playing it clever by waiting for E3 and Computex. That way they get a larger gaming focus and don't harm their lower-end launches.

CES is more about general products than gaming. The earliest that AMD will talk about something new is GDC, and even then I think AMD will wait for E3.
Old 07-01-20, 08:48 AM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish View Post
It's a phrase to express excitement.
For a glorified ad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish View Post
It doesn't make a lot of sense
You can say that again.

And btw, I am a tech enthusiast, I just don't care for hype and advertisements.