Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 18-01-20, 11:08 AM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Poke Dice or Wraith depending on which discord you want.

The OC3D Discord server is having issues at the moment, Wraith invited me a couple of times and I could accept the invite but not see anything or anyone and I didn't even show up in the member list.

Old 18-01-20, 11:58 AM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
The OC3D Discord server is having issues at the moment, Wraith invited me a couple of times and I could accept the invite but not see anything or anyone and I didn't even show up in the member list.
Try it out now. I edited your privileges and hopefully, that should get things working for you.
Old 18-01-20, 05:48 PM
OC3D Elite

https://www.amazon.co.uk/AMD-Ryzen-T...=thread&sr=8-4

Bloody heck that's cheap. Bit annoyed but hey it was only £28.

I think Steve on GN said it best "but Intel won't drop their prices but AMD do".

Old 19-01-20, 09:08 AM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post

I think Steve on GN said it best "but Intel won't drop their prices but AMD do".
£28 is definitely not that bad. Try being one of those who bought one in 2017, the difference between what I paid and the current price there is over £550. I expected the price to drop by 1-200 but nothing as much as it has. The biggest kick in the balls though was TRX40 as it means I can’t even drop in a worthwhile upgrade like I had planned. First time amd have managed to actually cheese me right off. £1100 system that is a dead end in under 2 years, smells a lot like Intel, except it’s not.

Old 19-01-20, 11:06 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post

£28 or £228?
Old 19-01-20, 03:32 PM
OC3D Elite

Ah. I paid £228.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kei View Post
£28 is definitely not that bad. Try being one of those who bought one in 2017, the difference between what I paid and the current price there is over £550. I expected the price to drop by 1-200 but nothing as much as it has. The biggest kick in the balls though was TRX40 as it means I can’t even drop in a worthwhile upgrade like I had planned. First time amd have managed to actually cheese me right off. £1100 system that is a dead end in under 2 years, smells a lot like Intel, except it’s not.
TBH you have loads of options. 16 core, gen 2 etc.

I've kinda limited myself to what I got because of the board. 8 phases IIRC.

I did it for many reasons though. My old cpu boosted to 2.8ghz. so even though 4ghz doesn't sound like much and there are far better gaming CPUs out there I still get an extra 1.2ghz, with a nice IPC gain thrown in. In AVX I get 1.8ghz. Big numbers.

What I paid? Meh, I'll just use it til I fancy something else. However what you paid and when you paid it it was dirt cheap. Remember, Intel were still selling the much hotter and far slower 5960x for £900.

I was predicting a core war for 8 years. Anyone here will remember me bashing on about it. I didn't expect it to take this long, but yup, full blown core war.

What's nice is that unlike Intel AMD drop their prices massively. You just need to bear that in mind now and adapt, avoiding new and shiny. The CPU war is now raging at top speed, so 3 months is about the top now and then it's onto something else.

The only thing I'd ever consider buying new at launch is a GPU. Mostly because it buys you more time. GPUs are an epic waste of money and I've learned to accept that but everything else I'm very frugal with.

Old 19-01-20, 07:08 PM
OC3D Elite

Always wanted one of these big fat mama jama power cables with overkill plug.

Just needs a clean and that ghastly blue shrink replacing with black.

Old 20-01-20, 04:35 PM
Resident Newb

So as of today my daily indian scammer call count is up to 12, I've changed my number 3 times over the last 2 years, So, Does anyone know of any landline phone that has the capability to block numbers that are both withheld and international ?

Old 20-01-20, 04:58 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
So as of today my daily indian scammer call count is up to 12, I've changed my number 3 times over the last 2 years, So, Does anyone know of any landline phone that has the capability to block numbers that are both withheld and international ?

Pretty sure any provider should be able to, but you might need to call them.

The problem is these scam callers are spoofing UK numbers to get around the blocks being put in place.

Server PC: 2700x, 16GB Corsair DDR4, MSI GTX 1660Ti, Gigabyte 120Gb M.2, Crucial 240Gb SSD, WD Blue 500Gb SSD, 2x Seagate 6Tb HDD's
Old 20-01-20, 04:59 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Can your service provider not do that for you?
Enthoo Elite | i9-7900X | Rampage VI Extreme | Dominator Platinum 32GB | RTX 2080 FE | 960 Pro 512GB, 840 Evo 250GB x 2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 | PG279Q, MX27AQ | Custom Watercooling Loop + Aquaero 6 XT

Tags
banter, conversation, entertainment, fun, jokes, safe for work, small talk