Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 03-10-19, 12:42 AM
OC3D Elite

Thankfully the H80i V2 will cover that horrid logo. Will look killer with my Devil 64. Price was good? if you could call it that, considering prices are insane on X99 boards now.

Old 03-10-19, 12:55 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Finally got it and swapped cases last night.

Impressed so far. Despite being way smaller(less than half the volume) than my previous crappy Phanteks Evolv ITX, the GPU temps dropped 7 degrees and my CPU dropped between 5-10C depending on tasks. 970 Evo dropped about 5C I would guess? I attribute lower temps for CPU/VRM/M.2 due to the AIO being mounted right over it blowing air on the board.

I reckon I can get the temps down too more than they already are without changing anything. Which is funny since not only is this case cooler as it is, it's quieter!!! AND that is with basically being full of holes and doesn't keep in a lot of noise. Time to mess with some fan profiles for my fans. Though currently, the SF600 from Corsair is the loudest part of the system. And being a PSU fan, not much I can do about it. But it's not loud. If I had the SF750 it might be quieter? Won't be as maxed out? Not sure.

My favorite part is that I have USB C on the front panel!!!

And the brushed aluminum is virtually identical to my Schiit Amp and Dac. Fits perftecly together.

The only downside so far is when gaming for a while, the case does get pretty darn hot. Though it does cool down very fast.
Old 03-10-19, 02:09 AM
OC3D Elite

That's nice that.

I had a thing for silver cases once. The best part is they almost match the colour of dust particles perfectly lmao.

Still got my silver Alienware. Still love it

Old 03-10-19, 02:26 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post

Thankfully the H80i V2 will cover that horrid logo. Will look killer with my Devil 64. Price was good? if you could call it that, considering prices are insane on X99 boards now.

Surprised they didn't offer you money to take it
RAM: 2x 8GB CORSAIR VENGENCE LED
GPU: Gigabyte white 2070
PSU: Corsair Rm850x
Old 03-10-19, 02:44 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenback View Post
Surprised they didn't offer you money to take it
Look up the powercolor Red Devil Vega 64 and Ballistix red. It all matches perfectly. The "belendlike" bit will be covered by the fat H80i V2 running in push pull.

Look at the spec also, 'cause it's friggin insane. Absolutely insane.

I'm thrilled with it tbh. I paid £140 because the onboard sound doesn't work. Bonus. I use a Xonar STX, a D2X and SB Titanium HD. I won't miss some crumby Realtec poo and it cost me the same as a B450 Strix.

New it cost £450, but most importantly stops me having a very expensive Xeon as a keyring

Old 04-10-19, 07:41 PM

Asus C8i finally ordered!!!! Should be in Monday. Paid way more than I should have, but I'm sick of waiting so grabbed it while it's in stock somewhere.

Old 04-10-19, 08:57 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmblah View Post
Asus C8i finally ordered!!!! Should be in Monday. Paid way more than I should have, but I'm sick of waiting so grabbed it while it's in stock somewhere.
I had no idea with C8i was and had to google it. Now I feel stupid for not knowing what it meant
Old 04-10-19, 09:32 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
I had no idea with C8i was and had to google it. Now I feel stupid for not knowing what it meant
If it helps any so did I lol.

Old 04-10-19, 09:43 PM
OC3D Crew

My new bushcraft knife...i have been useing this all week, it will be my new go to knife d2 steel g10 handle with red liners...its hairspliting sharp out the box i havent even needed to strop it yet.
Old 04-10-19, 10:07 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark NighT View Post
Decided to go Ryzen 3000 in the near future and for that reason i just ordered this one, i don't need pci-e 4.0 or a silly fan and most boards in this price range come with way less features on x570.

Looking to pair it with a 3700x later down the line.

Nice! Exactly my own thoughts and hence why I'm now on an 3700X, but with an soon ITX board

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post

Finally got it and swapped cases last night.

Impressed so far. Despite being way smaller(less than half the volume) than my previous crappy Phanteks Evolv ITX, the GPU temps dropped 7 degrees and my CPU dropped between 5-10C depending on tasks. 970 Evo dropped about 5C I would guess? I attribute lower temps for CPU/VRM/M.2 due to the AIO being mounted right over it blowing air on the board.

I reckon I can get the temps down too more than they already are without changing anything. Which is funny since not only is this case cooler as it is, it's quieter!!! AND that is with basically being full of holes and doesn't keep in a lot of noise. Time to mess with some fan profiles for my fans. Though currently, the SF600 from Corsair is the loudest part of the system. And being a PSU fan, not much I can do about it. But it's not loud. If I had the SF750 it might be quieter? Won't be as maxed out? Not sure.

My favorite part is that I have USB C on the front panel!!!

And the brushed aluminum is virtually identical to my Schiit Amp and Dac. Fits perftecly together.

The only downside so far is when gaming for a while, the case does get pretty darn hot. Though it does cool down very fast.

Yup, it becomes very hot due to the build material being aluminium, which is an excellent heat transmitter. Which is what happened in my last Dan Case A4 SFX, the top part got so hot that I almost burned my finger on the touch.