Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #10231  
Old 03-10-19, 12:42 AM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is online now
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 13,358




Thankfully the H80i V2 will cover that horrid logo. Will look killer with my Devil 64. Price was good? if you could call it that, considering prices are insane on X99 boards now.

__________________

Reply With Quote
  #10232  
Old 03-10-19, 12:55 AM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is online now
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: With the Asguardians of the Galaxy
Posts: 16,657


Finally got it and swapped cases last night.

Impressed so far. Despite being way smaller(less than half the volume) than my previous crappy Phanteks Evolv ITX, the GPU temps dropped 7 degrees and my CPU dropped between 5-10C depending on tasks. 970 Evo dropped about 5C I would guess? I attribute lower temps for CPU/VRM/M.2 due to the AIO being mounted right over it blowing air on the board.

I reckon I can get the temps down too more than they already are without changing anything. Which is funny since not only is this case cooler as it is, it's quieter!!! AND that is with basically being full of holes and doesn't keep in a lot of noise. Time to mess with some fan profiles for my fans. Though currently, the SF600 from Corsair is the loudest part of the system. And being a PSU fan, not much I can do about it. But it's not loud. If I had the SF750 it might be quieter? Won't be as maxed out? Not sure.

My favorite part is that I have USB C on the front panel!!!

And the brushed aluminum is virtually identical to my Schiit Amp and Dac. Fits perftecly together.

The only downside so far is when gaming for a while, the case does get pretty darn hot. Though it does cool down very fast.
__________________
I am Iron Man.
Reply With Quote
  #10233  
Old 03-10-19, 02:09 AM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is online now
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 13,358
That's nice that.

I had a thing for silver cases once. The best part is they almost match the colour of dust particles perfectly lmao.

Still got my silver Alienware. Still love it
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #10234  
Old 03-10-19, 02:26 AM
Greenback's Avatar
Greenback Greenback is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post




Thankfully the H80i V2 will cover that horrid logo. Will look killer with my Devil 64. Price was good? if you could call it that, considering prices are insane on X99 boards now.

Surprised they didn't offer you money to take it
__________________
CASE: NZXT H440 white
CPU: RYZEN7 3700x, H100i GTX
MB: Gigabyte x570
RAM: 2x 8GB CORSAIR VENGENCE LED
GPU: Gigabyte white 2070
OS: CRUCIAL MX100 250GB
PSU: Corsair Rm850x
Reply With Quote
  #10235  
Old 03-10-19, 02:44 AM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is online now
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 13,358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenback View Post
Surprised they didn't offer you money to take it
Look up the powercolor Red Devil Vega 64 and Ballistix red. It all matches perfectly. The "belendlike" bit will be covered by the fat H80i V2 running in push pull.

Look at the spec also, 'cause it's friggin insane. Absolutely insane.

I'm thrilled with it tbh. I paid £140 because the onboard sound doesn't work. Bonus. I use a Xonar STX, a D2X and SB Titanium HD. I won't miss some crumby Realtec poo and it cost me the same as a B450 Strix.

New it cost £450, but most importantly stops me having a very expensive Xeon as a keyring
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #10236  
Old 04-10-19, 07:41 PM
hmmblah's Avatar
hmmblah hmmblah is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,533
Asus C8i finally ordered!!!! Should be in Monday. Paid way more than I should have, but I'm sick of waiting so grabbed it while it's in stock somewhere.
__________________
CaseLabs Mercury S3 | AMD 3900X | ROG CH8 Impact | RTX 2080 Super | 16GB DDR4 | 1TB NVMe
Acer Predator Z35P


Reply With Quote
  #10237  
Old 04-10-19, 08:57 PM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is online now
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: With the Asguardians of the Galaxy
Posts: 16,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmblah View Post
Asus C8i finally ordered!!!! Should be in Monday. Paid way more than I should have, but I'm sick of waiting so grabbed it while it's in stock somewhere.
I had no idea with C8i was and had to google it. Now I feel stupid for not knowing what it meant
__________________
I am Iron Man.
Reply With Quote
  #10238  
Old 04-10-19, 09:32 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is online now
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 13,358
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
I had no idea with C8i was and had to google it. Now I feel stupid for not knowing what it meant
If it helps any so did I lol.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #10239  
Old 04-10-19, 09:43 PM
cooperman's Avatar
cooperman cooperman is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: UK/west-mids
Posts: 776
My new bushcraft knife...i have been useing this all week, it will be my new go to knife d2 steel g10 handle with red liners...its hairspliting sharp out the box i havent even needed to strop it yet.
__________________
i5 4690-Gigabyte Z97P-D3-16Gbs 1866Mhz Kinston HyperX Fury Black-Asus GTX 980 Corsair h80i-sandisk 256gb ultra plus-250gb Intel SSD-WD Blue 500gb-Seasonic M12-620w-Cooler master haf xb.
Reply With Quote
  #10240  
Old 04-10-19, 10:07 PM
Dawelio's Avatar
Dawelio Dawelio is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Scandinavia
Posts: 4,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark NighT View Post
Decided to go Ryzen 3000 in the near future and for that reason i just ordered this one, i don't need pci-e 4.0 or a silly fan and most boards in this price range come with way less features on x570.






Looking to pair it with a 3700x later down the line.

Nice! Exactly my own thoughts and hence why I'm now on an 3700X, but with an soon ITX board



Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post


Finally got it and swapped cases last night.

Impressed so far. Despite being way smaller(less than half the volume) than my previous crappy Phanteks Evolv ITX, the GPU temps dropped 7 degrees and my CPU dropped between 5-10C depending on tasks. 970 Evo dropped about 5C I would guess? I attribute lower temps for CPU/VRM/M.2 due to the AIO being mounted right over it blowing air on the board.

I reckon I can get the temps down too more than they already are without changing anything. Which is funny since not only is this case cooler as it is, it's quieter!!! AND that is with basically being full of holes and doesn't keep in a lot of noise. Time to mess with some fan profiles for my fans. Though currently, the SF600 from Corsair is the loudest part of the system. And being a PSU fan, not much I can do about it. But it's not loud. If I had the SF750 it might be quieter? Won't be as maxed out? Not sure.

My favorite part is that I have USB C on the front panel!!!

And the brushed aluminum is virtually identical to my Schiit Amp and Dac. Fits perftecly together.

The only downside so far is when gaming for a while, the case does get pretty darn hot. Though it does cool down very fast.

Yup, it becomes very hot due to the build material being aluminium, which is an excellent heat transmitter. Which is what happened in my last Dan Case A4 SFX, the top part got so hot that I almost burned my finger on the touch.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 06:33 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.