Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 07-03-18, 11:29 AM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuB View Post
Yeah Lego Technics is awesome, I built the Porsche at christmas, was a corker of a build. Still got the big rotary digger thing to build, just haven't had the time.
Yup, love me some Technic. They have the Chiron coming out later this yeah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Call me old fashioned but I loved Meccano. Mainly because when I was young Lego Technic was so overpriced... and limited to one design where as the Meccano packs with expansions had multiple designs you could create.

I don't see meccano anymore. Perhaps it died out. But I do see Lego Technic is alot more affordable to 15 years ago.
Loved Meccano as a kid!

Enthoo Elite | i9-7900X | Rampage VI Extreme | Dominator Platinum 32GB | RTX 2080 FE | 960 Pro 512GB, 840 Evo 250GB x 2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 | PG279Q, MX27AQ | Custom Watercooling Loop + Aquaero 6 XT

Old 07-03-18, 12:53 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Call me old fashioned but I loved Meccano. Mainly because when I was young Lego Technic was so overpriced... and limited to one design where as the Meccano packs with expansions had multiple designs you could create.

I don't see meccano anymore. Perhaps it died out. But I do see Lego Technic is alot more affordable to 15 years ago.
Yup that stuff was brilliant. Had it not been for that I doubt I would have ever learned how to fix/build and repair bikes tbh. That gave you some real tools and taught you how to use them. My bro had a digger. I remember tying the strings to it so it would lift the bucket.

Old 07-03-18, 01:05 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Yup that stuff was brilliant. Had it not been for that I doubt I would have ever learned how to fix/build and repair bikes tbh. That gave you some real tools and taught you how to use them. My bro had a digger. I remember tying the strings to it so it would lift the bucket.
Always remember the catalogs had models with step by step instructions however in the back, you had other designs like sports cards which had no instructions, only 3 pictures from different angles. Building them based on just those 3 pictures had my brain firing on all 4 cylinders.

Real creative thinking was needed.
Old 04-07-18, 02:56 AM

Hi

Can you help me, I have completed my first pack and as you can see by my pictures the right hand side is slightly bent, does anyone know why this is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trawetSluaP View Post
Hi all, here's the pictures as promised of my journey through 60+ bags and 7500+ pieces of Lego to assemble the largest Lego set ever released and the largest I've ever built by a looooonnng way.

The building was really fun and it was amazing to see this beast grow in size.

Took me about 30 odd hours over 3 days but seeing as I was on holiday and the snow stopped us going anywhere I have to say it was perfect timed.

Here's the link to the build log - https://imgur.com/a/QCZUQ

Please bear in mind that the pics are taken with a mobile so some of them are really poor quality for which you have my apologies.

Anyway, enjoy!

Paul