Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 22-01-20, 03:25 PM
OC3D Elite

So as you guys discovered Eminem is a guilty pleasure of mine.

I downloaded his new album and had it on my cans yesterday.

One song leapt out at me. It's really dark and depressing and has a sample in it from, I'm pretty sure, Simon and Garfunkel.

Any way I left it on repeat for an hour. Has a evil bass drop too.

Watched the video today on YT and I was literally in tears.

It's easily his best work since Stan. It's so moving and sad, yet brilliantly genius autism in action.

Old 22-01-20, 04:49 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
So as you guys discovered Eminem is a guilty pleasure of mine.

I downloaded his new album and had it on my cans yesterday.

One song leapt out at me. It's really dark and depressing and has a sample in it from, I'm pretty sure, Simon and Garfunkel.

Any way I left it on repeat for an hour. Has a evil bass drop too.

Watched the video today on YT and I was literally in tears.

It's easily his best work since Stan. It's so moving and sad, yet brilliantly genius autism in action.
Doesn't have to be a Guilty pleasure Eminem's good Don't know how many times I've listened to Love the way you lie, the monster and stan and many others of his

And that does sound like hello darkness my old Friend from S&G
RAM: 2x 8GB CORSAIR VENGENCE LED
GPU: Gigabyte white 2070
PSU: Corsair Rm850x
Old 22-01-20, 04:53 PM
OC3D Elite

I am a big fan of him, but he lost a bit of respect from me with the line that hit the news the other about shouting bomb outside a Ariana Grande concert.

I am waiting to get paid to buy the album because the rest of it is fine other than that 1 line, but people I know who don't mind his music are ready to lynch him for it.

Only a few artists I buy the albums for, the rest I just listen to the songs on YouTube etc but Eminem, The Streets, Disturbed and Lindsey Stirling are the main ones I buy, other than that it's Wigan Pier, Hardcore, Helterskelter, Euro Dance and Trance I mainly listen to.

Server PC: 2700x, 16GB Corsair DDR4, MSI GTX 1660Ti, Gigabyte 120Gb M.2, Crucial 240Gb SSD, WD Blue 500Gb SSD, 2x Seagate 6Tb HDD's
Old 22-01-20, 05:02 PM

Totally forgot Eminem had a new album coming out, downloading it now. Always been a fan of his, his angry stuff really spoke to me in high school.

Alien, what song are you referring to? I'll be in the server room this afternoon so I think I'm going to pop some headphones on. I went to the dark side and got some beats awhile back. I wanted true wireless with ear clips as I use them mowing the lawn and snowblowing and these fit the bill nicely. So nice not having them ripped out of your ear every few minutes.

Old 22-01-20, 05:06 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien c View Post
I am a big fan of him, but he lost a bit of respect from me with the line that hit the news the other about shouting bomb outside a Ariana Grande concert.

I am waiting to get paid to buy the album because the rest of it is fine other than that 1 line, but people I know who don't mind his music are ready to lynch him for it.

Only a few artists I buy the albums for, the rest I just listen to the songs on YouTube etc but Eminem, The Streets, Disturbed and Lindsey Stirling are the main ones I buy, other than that it's Wigan Pier, Hardcore, Helterskelter, Euro Dance and Trance I mainly listen to.
He's damaged. His life has been absolutely terrible, so you can't really get mad that he's like that. It would have all been made worse by the fact he's on the spectrum.

He says and does shocking things, but like I said without that he wouldn't be who he is.

Product of environment. It's like expecting a soldier to return from war and wanting them to see life like they did before.

Bits of you harden, imperfections develop and it all rolls into who you are.

I'm not perfect. Far from it. I too had a proper crap life and had to see and do things that most kids don't. I had to bury my dad when I was 7. I grew up in an area where stabbings and murder were every day events.

I remember being in a pub with my first wife from America. South London. Any way police sirens every where and a helicopter landed in the street. I just carried on stuffing my face like nothing was happening.

Life can do that to you when you go over the limits. I've never held it against him.

It's kinda like the whole homophobia / Elton John thing.

Yeah em is bad, but if that's how you were brought up and all you knew then it becomes normal. Thankfully Elton understood that and didn't hate on it.

It's all very well for some PC idiot to tell you what you should and shouldn't say or do. In whose eyes? Some deranged liberal hippy douche like Jeremy Corbyn?

Do me a favour. Idealism doesn't work. You can't make someone who is clearly damaged but amazing because of it bend to your will with passive aggression.

And that's the problem with life now. "Might isn't right" no, no it's not. But passive aggression is even worse.

I can't go back 45 years and live a different life. I wish I could, but then I wouldn't be me would I?

Old 22-01-20, 07:18 PM
OC3D Elite

RIP tiny sister Logan?

Oh god please no

Old 22-01-20, 07:23 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
RIP tiny sister Logan?

Oh god please no
WHAT?!?! Oh Christ, please say that isn't so.

Old 22-01-20, 07:38 PM
OC3D Elite

If I can type this through my tears.

I don't know what to say.

This may be worth about the same as a bag of dog s**t but I'm here if you need me. Like come and stay and throw stones at the seagulls or laugh at polish people's mullets.

So sorry mate. Absolutely devastated.

Old 22-01-20, 07:42 PM
Classy-Fried-Chicken

I'm watching the premiere on YouTube now I am shocked. I would like to express my condolences to Tom. God rest her soul and give you strength.

There's nothing much else to say really.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Theory is when you have the "know how" but nothing works.
Practice is when everything works but no one knows why.
In our lab, theory and practice are combined: Nothing works and no one knows why
Old 22-01-20, 07:57 PM
OC3D Elite

Please keep going. Please.

I know how you must feel right now. It's indescribable.

However you now must live on for your mum dad and sister.

They'll always be there for you 24 hours a day to talk to and give your love to. I've lost many beautiful people from my life but I now live for them. Every time I smile or laugh I share it with them and they live on through me.

I have photos of my lost loved ones in the kitchen and I talk to them every day and tell them I love them.

Please don't let life beat you. You're a true warrior.

Remember we're always here. To listen, to watch, to love

Tags
banter, conversation, entertainment, fun, jokes, safe for work, small talk