Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > New Build Advice

Old 04-11-13, 03:43 PM

Question New WC Gaming computer, Help me!

ive thought id by my self a new gaming pc and do a real watercool on it. Hoped to get your opinions on it what to might change upgrade etc.
It will be mainly for gaming. My budget is 3000-4000

i am thinking of:
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Formula (A bit overkill for me but it's just perfect for everything else)

Cpu: Intel Core i7-4770K (i am going to be gaming but ive want the extra horsepower in case i will stream or render anything)

Gpu: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 4GB 2 way sli(i am a bit on the edge but i am going to need a reference design and not a custom one to the wc, so i was thinking i might get the 780's instead since there price has dropped i dident want to go for 2gb cause of the future but i aint going to need 4gb atm)

Psu: Corsair AX 860i (expensive but efficient and green, and it got the sleeved wires that you can buy)

Ram: Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 2400MHz 16GB (i chose it cause of it apperance and performance but idk, i am going to put a water block on it anyways)

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D (loved the design, cheap all around perfect fits lots of radiators)

HDD: WD Desktop Black 1TB (all i need for now)

SSD: Corsair SSD Force Series GT 120GB (I am going to raid it whit my other one)

Monitor: a 144hz or something good 1080x1920 or 2k

Watercool: i am going all in with ekwb as i have hard nothing but good thing about them and i thougt it will be best to get all the parts from one vendor. i am going to do a clear tubing and blocks with red dying (i know it can stop the flow and all of that blablabla but i dont care if i need to fix it now and then) i am thinking i will use a 360rad in top 240 in front and if needed another 360 in the back by the mount from koolance. For the lope i was thinking reservoir-pump-radiator*top*-ram-cpu-motherboard-gpu-radiator*front* or res-pump-rad*top*-ram-cpu-motherboard-rad*front*-gpu
Or do you got an idea for what i can do?

also shall i get red led or white or possibly a color changing one, what will look best?
and fans who shall i pick i was thinking of the quiet edtion af and sp from corsair or is there something better?

Thanks in advance

Old 04-11-13, 04:58 PM
OC3D Elite

What country are you in?
Old 04-11-13, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien c View Post
What country are you in?
Norway so 4000 is not that much cause of insane tax

Tags
build, gaming, intel, nvidia, watercooling