Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Project Logs & Gallery > Project Logs

Old 06-12-07, 04:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='PV5150'
Yes the S-FLEX fans are very nice. Did you get them purely for their quiet operational qualities weihk? I have a set of new Scythe's here that look set to blow the S-FLEX's out of the water for performance, and they aren't really that bad for noise either. I should have the review completed for them tomorrow...fingers crossed.
yup!

i've forgotten where i got the info from, but i remember someone saying these S-Flex are good are all kind of volts, and something about even at full speed they are that loud too.

i've now got 7 of these fitted, and before when i had Akasa fans on the rad, when my water temp goes up, which then the Akasa fans spins up, i can hear it speed up when my room is quiet, now i dont really notice it, slight improvment!

not that the Akasa fans are rubbish, they are great too, i've used their range since 2 years ago, but i wanted a completely BLACK theme this time instead.

and yeah, im looking forward to that review from you PV.

Old 18-12-07, 03:05 PM
Advanced Member

small small update.......

due to our great mailing system in UK, the very nice and lovly Royal Mail, the things i orderd on the 6th-Dec has only just turned up today, it was just a bit of sleeving bits and bobs...oh, some MX-2 aswell, so i took the cheapy option of sending it via first class.....

but i was wrong in thinking i'll miss the mad x'mas rush.....never mind.....

another reason why i like this Lian Li A10B......its got a bloody plate for hiding cables! LOL

next thing to wait for.......some a EK res....something for the watercooling i think, and re-route the hose....mmmmm

BTW, reckon painting inside the case matt black a good idea? i might be bored during this x'mas with things not turning up......maybe i should paint something....maybe even paint it red? lol
Old 18-12-07, 03:54 PM
OC3D Elite

If you have a window, and your watercooling is UV, I reckon the black inside the case would it make a bit more UV

Looks great so far
Old 28-12-07, 02:16 PM
Advanced Member

got the other bits today

EK X-Res

it looks good eh?

im not sure if you can see it clear enough (size limited....grrrrr), but QC on the outlet top is not very good......a bit rush eh?

a bit of port&polish is needed me think

GRRRRRR, must get a day off and strip&rebuild! GRRRRRRR!
Old 28-12-07, 02:58 PM
Advanced Member

Hmm was just thinking it looked a little rushed, those plastic chips could come off and get lodged in a nozzle :s
Old 28-12-07, 11:12 PM
Advanced Member

hmmmmmmm........

just took another look on the X-Res

its not giving me enough confidence to fit it.

the Thick park, the one that has a inlet on the side, between the Top and the acrylic tube is giving me creeps.....it looks like it might leak.

screw it down, and it stops, with the outlet pointing towards the outlet....i thought the design was make both inlets and outlets pointing forward....

if i screw it down just enough for the outlet to point forward, i have a gap.....

it might leak?

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR......

(pics later, ran out of battery....)

just emailed the supplier, hope i get some good news....
Old 29-12-07, 12:14 AM
Advanced Member

Pics would be good, I can't visualise it from what you said, sorry
Old 02-01-08, 12:30 AM
Advanced Member

just done a small bit......tested out the new X-Res and thinking where which cable going to where....

and.....im really upset about the X-Res, as soon as i put it on, it was far louder than the Alphacool top.

my DDC used to be silent, no sound, none, no buzz, no high pitch whine.....

but now it takes forever to bleed, theres a vortex(NOTE!!!!! mine is the X-Res 100), i've left it to bleed now for 5hours and its still not done. (yes, i built a loop outside the case to see if the X-Res is leaking or not)

blah......fook it, i might go back to Micro Res instead.....
Old 02-01-08, 10:50 AM
OC3D Elite

Unfortunate you are having these issues with the EK pump res... I was going to order one but I don't fancy it anymore!

I'm about to embark on my tidy up project too...
Old 02-01-08, 03:06 PM
Advanced Member

honestly, i was really looking forward to the X-Res, because on XS, Eddy made a amazing post about the X-Res will not have a vortex problem.

but....

not only did it have a vortex problem, it also made the pump sounds like its being grabbed by the nuts! screaming and shaking like a crazy hippy sniffing glue!

i ditched the X-Res at 2am last night, changed back to trusty Alphacool top and Micro Res....

the X-Res has made a complete mess in my plan......i need a bit more time to think where im going to go with this mess, blah....not even half done too!