Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 23-05-20, 02:15 PM
OC3D Elite

So nice to see a new thread like this showing positive outcomes!

Old 03-06-20, 03:41 AM

Found a nice simple wall mount for the Oculus Rift.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3415679

I already popped it off the build plate and started removing the brim before I took pics...

Anyway, loved how it turned out. Gets the rift off my desk and hanging as it is keeps dust off the lenses.

Old 03-06-20, 08:11 AM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmblah View Post
Found a nice simple wall mount for the Oculus Rift.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3415679

I already popped it off the build plate and started removing the brim before I took pics...

Anyway, loved how it turned out. Gets the rift off my desk and hanging as it is keeps dust off the lenses.
Very nice.
Old 08-06-20, 01:29 PM
News Guru

Some updates on my recent 3D Printings.

Recently, I printed some custom parts for g0ggles1994. I think he posted about them here before. It was great to see the parts in action.

When the whole COVID-19 things started. I worked with a group called 3D crowd to make some PPE masks for organisations that needed them. Below is about 18 or components for face shields.

Since most of my remaining PLA is PLA+, I can't use them to make masks that meet the group's required standards anymore. PLA+ has unknown additives, making masks hard to certify. It looks like supply chain issues for PPE aren't as constrained as they once were, so I am not printing these ATM. PLA prices are insane right now, so printing these again is a non-starter.

My latest project is something for a D&D campaign I'm running. A green Dragon. hoping to make a large model.

Below you should see what I have planned compared to something that I have made previously. This thing is going to be huge.

As I type this, I have one of its wings printing. The print will take about 7-8 hours.

Old 08-06-20, 01:30 PM
OC3D Elite

Those look cool. Im tempted to get a 0.2 nozzle for some real fine printing but not sure if I am good enough yet to counter the potential clogs that will occur.
Old 08-06-20, 01:39 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Those look cool. Im tempted to get a 0.2 nozzle for some real fine printing but not sure if I am good enough yet to counter the potential clogs that will occur.
I'm thinking the same, but I don't think I'm prepared to have prints take that long to finish. Things can already take ages with large models at 0.4mm. The accuracy would be nice though.

I think resin in the way to go with small models. That's where the detail is that. Then again, printing with a resin printer is challenging, as the materials are hazardous.
Old 08-06-20, 01:40 PM
OC3D Elite

Love that OR mount.

Old 08-06-20, 02:34 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
I'm thinking the same, but I don't think I'm prepared to have prints take that long to finish. Things can already take ages with large models at 0.4mm. The accuracy would be nice though.

I think resin in the way to go with small models. That's where the detail is that. Then again, printing with a resin printer is challenging, as the materials are hazardous.
I actually prefer taking time. Everything I print is 0.1mm layers with print speed of 60mm/s or less.

When doing some of these models for my case im even using print speed of 10mm/s.
Old 08-06-20, 02:37 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
I actually prefer taking time. Everything I print is 0.1mm layers with print speed of 60mm/s or less.

When doing some of these models for my case im even using print speed of 10mm/s.
I don't like printing overnight. I don't have a room in the house where I can keep it where I can't hear it. That limits how long my prints can take, unfortunately.

Someday I'll live in a better place, but I'm gonna be here (in my current place) for another year.
Old 08-06-20, 03:54 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
I don't like printing overnight. I don't have a room in the house where I can keep it where I can't hear it. That limits how long my prints can take, unfortunately.

Someday I'll live in a better place, but I'm gonna be here (in my current place) for another year.
oh i never print over night. thats too loud. So far ive only printed my own things really or in pieces so i can scatter the jobs out