Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 06-08-20, 03:41 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Well I dont need the upgrades. Gamersnexus proved 7700 is still strong, and my clocks better than his. Ill upgrade when the games I do play are too much. So we will see when Cyberpunk is released. My monitor is 100hz max and so far, i can achieve that on close to maximum settings in every title.

I can patiently wait. Its just seeing everyone make the switch makes me want to as well
Yeah true, Plus as you play at an ultrawide resolution the CPU isn't really THAT important compared to the GPU.

As far as actual CPU raw grunt it seems the whole industry has progressed at a snails pace within the last 5 or so years.

Old 06-08-20, 03:49 PM
OC3D Elite

I can now remember why I always wanted a Fat Boy. As soon as I saw TJ Lavin back flip one at X I was hooked.

Such a mean looking bike man.

If you don't like what I post don't read it.
Old 06-08-20, 07:26 PM
OC3D Elite

I'd love to get a bike, especially with the new scheme, but I live off the A666 and it really lives upto its name, I've only ever seen car crashes on that road but I feel like I see them every other month. Biggest issue with bikes in a city like Manchester, is all the cars.

Saying that I've been staying back home in Malta recently and it's bad etiquette to walk on pavements here because it's basically peoples gardens, so I've been getting somewhat used to being 1 ft away from cars again.
Old 06-08-20, 07:41 PM
Bettyswollocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Sorry to hear about your sister man

That really blows.
It's been the worst of the worst this year, lost a friend in Jan then we all lost M and I was gutted as hell for TTL, I only got to know her for a month but she was an absolute angel truly heart breaking anyone who had the pleasure of meeting her would know that but it was all so bad then all the covid crap kicked off and then just when we think it's coming to an end BOOM my entire world went surreal as [email protected]#t words can't express just how bad this year has been. But friends and family make us strong actually stronger than we realise. But still it's been one hell of a head f#"k.

I have a history of drinking too excess, thankfully that's something that no longer controls me and hasn't for many years something I've only ever shared and discussed with Tom but something I'm not ashamed of anymore and it's yet again the one thing I can thank the forums and all my friends who helped me see that what I was doing was wrong. Tom actually saved my life years back and stopped me going down the road that eventually claimed my sister. It's been a journey guys and a bumpy one at that.

So when I say it's not just tech that keeps us here believe me it's more that a tech forum it's a family. Love you all.
Old 06-08-20, 07:55 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
It's been the worst of the worst this year, lost a friend in Jan then we all lost M and I was gutted as hell for TTL, I only got to know her for a month but she was an absolute angel truly heart breaking anyone who had the pleasure of meeting her would know that but it was all so bad then all the covid crap kicked off and then just when we think it's coming to an end BOOM my entire world went surreal as [email protected]#t words can't express just how bad this year has been. But friends and family make us strong actually stronger than we realise. But still it's been one hell of a head f#"k.

I have a history of drinking too excess, thankfully that's something that no longer controls me and hasn't for many years something I've only ever shared and discussed with Tom but something I'm not ashamed of anymore and it's yet again the one thing I can thank the forums and all my friends who helped me see that what I was doing was wrong. Tom actually saved my life years back and stopped me going down the road that eventually claimed my sister. It's been a journey guys and a bumpy one at that.

So when I say it's not just tech that keeps us here believe me it's more that a tech forum it's a family. Love you all.

It has been a very rough year, sad to hear it's been this bad for you Wraith!

Hopefully we all can contribute to eachother to carry ourselves through this disaster of a year!
Old 06-08-20, 08:03 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:

Stay strong man.

Alcohol creates far more problems than it ever solves dude. That is why I stopped drinking heavily 20 years ago and I don't miss it often.

Old 06-08-20, 08:34 PM
Bettyswollocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Stay strong man.

Alcohol creates far more problems than it ever solves dude. That is why I stopped drinking heavily 20 years ago and I don't miss it often.
Honestly I do still enjoy a few bevvies, but I know my limit and stop or go without completely. My next vise is smoking, looking into vape systems at the minute so when Tolemac has a few minutes I'll give him a shout for advice.
Old 06-08-20, 09:43 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:

Most of my family are gone along with a few friends, Best thing you can do is keep moving, Always keep moving, Whether that's making new friends, Getting stuck into your current hobbies or even finding new hobbies, Always keep moving, It's what I do, Upon the advice of many other much wiser people than myself, And it genuinely helps

Old 06-08-20, 11:12 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Honestly I do still enjoy a few bevvies, but I know my limit and stop or go without completely. My next vise is smoking, looking into vape systems at the minute so when Tolemac has a few minutes I'll give him a shout for advice.
I've been vaping for 9 years this September.

Having used mesh coils I can assure you there is nothing better.

I don't mess around building coils there is no point. At all. I bought some of the regular triple coil heads and they were nowhere near as good as the mesh coils and got really, really hot.

I was using dual 18650 batteries, but I have since switched to a single molicel 21700.

https://www.fogstar.co.uk/collection...s/molicel-p42a

Mostly because they last about as long as two 18650. You need a mod that takes them, though. I have two of these.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Desire-De...AAAOSwK2hfFzLA

I wouldn't buy a mod that does not have replaceable batteries. I have four 21700 and I charge them in pairs. Using this.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Beeway%C2%A...0+night&sr=8-6

I basically have two of everything because I can't tell you how many times I have gotten to my mother's and forgotten my crap

I am currently using this tank.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cigarette-V...6755137&sr=8-1

With these coils.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ijoy-3x-M...72.m2749.l2649

Each lasts about a week. I mostly vape with quite expensive liquids, but these are great.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Again, at £5 for 100ml it is not worth mixing up your own. I add a dash of this.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Vegetable-G...%2C148&sr=1-10

Because for high wattage vaping (which is what you want, if you are going to give up smoking) PG tends to be very runny and will leak when it gets hot enough.

The nicotine? don't waste your money on shots. They are a total rip off. What you want is pharma 72mg. 100ml costs about a tenner or so. Bear in mind that per 100ml of liquid I use about 4ml of the super strong stuff. So it lasts for about 6 months.

Finding that can be tough, but I can find the info if needed. You will also want some of these.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Terumo-St...MAAOSwdnNeIHuQ

Like I say, buying shots is stupid. They are about £3 each, and you will need two or three to get you off the cigs. I pay £10 for 100ml of 72mg nic and it lasts me 6 months. TBH? I have dropped mine so much that I may soon go for nic free. I think it is more the lovely taste and the habit now, given how little I use.

https://everythingliquid.co.uk/shop/...nicotine-72mg/

Had a poke around. You may need someone with a business to order that. 250ml would last me over a year. Hence why I haven't had to look for ages because I bought 300ml last time around and I still have two unopened bottles.

You will probably need 24mg per for quitting the fags. IIRC that was 8ml into the 90 you get in the 100ml bottle.

As I say dude, getting reliable equipment is *THE* most important thing to do. If it stops working you will be straight down the corner shop for fags, because that is what happened to me when I started. The Ego T was the biggest POS I have ever known.

Old 06-08-20, 11:16 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
I've had a lot on my plate over the last 4 months, been furloughed also lost my sister so been a mad few months. Now back at work and everything is sorted so PCs have been my saviour once more. I'll also be more active on the forums now.
My Deepest Condolences Mate
Coolermaster H500P White ARGB=AMD Ryzen 3700X=MSI Prestige X570 Creation=Intel Optane SSD 9 480GB PCIE=32gig 3600Mhz White Dom Plats RGB= Sapphire RX5700XT Nitro Plus=Coolermaster ML360R ARGB=MSI Optix MPG341CQR=Roccat AIMO 122=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Roccat Kone AIMO White=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with RBG strip=Windows 10 Pro=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=Razer Firefly RGB CE=Chasepower Pure Sinewave UPS

Tags
banter, conversation, entertainment, fun, jokes, safe for work, small talk