Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > New Build Advice

Old 05-12-13, 10:16 AM

NOT A BUILD HELP (don't know where to put this :s )

Hey guys, newbie to the forums here so I'm sorry if I can't seem to find the best place to put this thread :s

Anyway onto the point. Right now I have no gaming rig whatsoever, don't have enough money for one I actually want and so I have decided to do something else while I save up some more money: I would like too know EVERYTHING there is to know about EVERY component in a build. That means learning "everything" I need to know when buying a motherboard, a graphics card, RAM, and all those essential components to a build (even the case if needed yes )

Anyway, I hope you guys can help me out here with some links or something and once again I'm sorry if this isn't the right place to post this, I simply didn't know where to put this

Thanks in advance for any answer

Old 05-12-13, 10:25 AM
OC3D Elite

that is alot of work youre expecting from us mate, you could always start from doing some reading about different technologies of different components (architectures for cpus, sockets and chipsets for motherboards, efficiency and power cleanliness of psu's and all that stuff) then when you get stuck or don't understand something, just ask.

Old 05-12-13, 10:25 AM
OC3D Elite

You better start reading every thread and article ever buddy! Good luck, shame the treasure hunt isn't still on you would have had a good excuse to do it
Old 05-12-13, 10:26 AM
OC3D Elite

can't think of anyone but alpenwasser who'd actually bother with writing that article for you, it would take ages.
i might bother later when i get home.
Old 05-12-13, 10:57 AM

Thanks for all the answers, but I didn't mean telling me everything here, I mean, I understand that would be a tremendous amount of work, complete waste of your time, all I was asking for was some links to some webpages and stuff like that, places where you think I would learn best from and, after that, if I had any doubt, I'd swoop by here and ask for advice
Old 05-12-13, 12:42 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3c496 View Post
Thanks for all the answers, but I didn't mean telling me everything here, I mean, I understand that would be a tremendous amount of work, complete waste of your time, all I was asking for was some links to some webpages and stuff like that, places where you think I would learn best from and, after that, if I had any doubt, I'd swoop by here and ask for advice
the best way to learn is just to lurk the forums or ask questions, we pretty much got the full package for people who want to learn. reviews/guides on the mainpage and in depth discussion in the threads. if you stick around for a while the knowledge will come with time.
Old 05-12-13, 01:41 PM
OC3D Elite

best link I can give you

Intel 7700K
Aorus Z270 Gaming K7
2x8GB GSKILL Trident Z 3200MHz
Intel SSD6 256Gb x2 in Raid 0
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
EVGA GTX1080 FTW2 iCX Heat Killer IV block
Custom water Cooled Hardware Labs GTS360/240
ThermalTake Grand RGB 1000w PSU
Corsair Crystal 570X

Old 05-12-13, 01:58 PM
OC3D Elite

let's summon the great alpenwasser!
Old 05-12-13, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekaX View Post
can't think of anyone but alpenwasser who'd actually bother with writing that article for you (...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cru3L139 View Post
let's summon the great alpenwasser!
Wow, who is this alpenwasser you guys speak so highly of ?
Old 05-12-13, 02:24 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3c496 View Post
Wow, who is this alpenwasser you guys speak so highly of ?
He's building some pretty cool rigs and his replies are usually very extensive and cover every part of the question very well.