Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1801  
Old 20-09-20, 09:24 PM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
Resident Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ye Olde England
Posts: 14,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
lmao people are so lazy these days they don't want to play long games

Fallout 3 was quite short. You could rush through it all and miss loads. From what I see with Cyberpunk there are plenty of ways to play through it completely differently and thus it will have tons of replay value.

I just hope it has lots of secrets, easter eggs and etc that are worth replaying it for.

And when that fails DLC I suppose.
When Star Wars Galaxies came out you had to have patience to get anything done and various activities took weeks if not months, You levelled up to 90 going through various story lines and expansions which took you roughly 6-8 weeks if you did everything but it was quite rewarding.

Sadly the gaming crowd now is dominated by the instant gratification mindset that has largely been put into place by the aforementioned political activists within gaming journalism, It's why games like WoW, For example, Suffered, Everything has to be built around a grown man/woman childs demands that will write a bad review that could sway the purchasing decision of millions if his/her wishes aren't met.

__________________
If you think about it, VR is free unreal estate.....

Reply With Quote
  #1802  
Old 20-09-20, 09:45 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 14,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
When Star Wars Galaxies came out you had to have patience to get anything done and various activities took weeks if not months, You levelled up to 90 going through various story lines and expansions which took you roughly 6-8 weeks if you did everything but it was quite rewarding.

Sadly the gaming crowd now is dominated by the instant gratification mindset that has largely been put into place by the aforementioned political activists within gaming journalism, It's why games like WoW, For example, Suffered, Everything has to be built around a grown man/woman childs demands that will write a bad review that could sway the purchasing decision of millions if his/her wishes aren't met.
If it wasn't for said boring/long games I wouldn't even game. Lately I have been playing... Fallout 3, being rendered at 8k with every mod I could find.

I like the slow paced games. I would be obsessed with The Witcher and Skyrim if only I was interested in the subject matter. But I don't do medieval or potions and Barry Potter so I am a bit screwed.
__________________


If you don't like what I post don't read it.
Reply With Quote
  #1803  
Old 20-09-20, 11:16 PM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
Resident Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ye Olde England
Posts: 14,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
If it wasn't for said boring/long games I wouldn't even game. Lately I have been playing... Fallout 3, being rendered at 8k with every mod I could find.

I like the slow paced games. I would be obsessed with The Witcher and Skyrim if only I was interested in the subject matter. But I don't do medieval or potions and Barry Potter so I am a bit screwed.

The only short games I play lately are things like Aperture Hand Labs which is a series of short VR experiences, My main game of choice when I have time is Final Fantasy XI Online, Aint nothing short about that, That game is a serious time investment
__________________
If you think about it, VR is free unreal estate.....

Reply With Quote
  #1804  
Old 21-09-20, 01:18 AM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is offline
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 17,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
The only short games I play lately are things like Aperture Hand Labs which is a series of short VR experiences, My main game of choice when I have time is Final Fantasy XI Online, Aint nothing short about that, That game is a serious time investment
If you like short games you should try Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons. Best indie game I've ever played
Reply With Quote
  #1805  
Old 21-09-20, 02:31 AM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
Resident Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ye Olde England
Posts: 14,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
If you like short games you should try Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons. Best indie game I've ever played

Heard good things about that, Will have to check it out thanks !
__________________
If you think about it, VR is free unreal estate.....

Reply With Quote
  #1806  
Old 21-09-20, 07:24 AM
Warchild Warchild is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway, Oslo
Posts: 7,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
If you like short games you should try Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons. Best indie game I've ever played
Yeah, What an emotional story in that one. Well worth the price!
Reply With Quote
  #1807  
Old 21-09-20, 07:25 AM
trawetSluaP's Avatar
trawetSluaP trawetSluaP is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 849
I've got that downloaded but not started it! Will give it a try!
__________________
Enthoo Elite | i9-7900X | Rampage VI Extreme | Dominator Platinum 32GB | RTX 2080 FE | 960 Pro 512GB, 840 Evo 250GB x 2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 | HP Omen 27i, MX27AQ | Custom Watercooling Loop + Aquaero 6 XT

Reply With Quote
  #1808  
Old 21-09-20, 08:15 AM
Warchild Warchild is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway, Oslo
Posts: 7,070
This is by no means a stab at the 3080, but I found it an interesting read. Over time, we always wanted the FE boards. They looked better, performed better and "sometimes" cost less than AIB.

However, I'm not sure I would want one given igorslabs findings on the temps from the GDDR6x.

https://www.igorslab.de/en/gddr6x-am...ip-gemessen-2/

These temperatures are pretty crazy. I'm hoping Johnny Guru or others with the means to test accuracy don't experience the similar situation, or it feels like component limits all over again (Intel Im looking at you and your CPU winter warmers)
Reply With Quote
  #1809  
Old 21-09-20, 08:25 AM
trawetSluaP's Avatar
trawetSluaP trawetSluaP is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 849
VRMs and memory always seem to be overlooked. It's why I avoid GPU AIOs.

Would be interesting to know the max operational temp of the VRM. Would imagine NV would say well within spec.
__________________
Enthoo Elite | i9-7900X | Rampage VI Extreme | Dominator Platinum 32GB | RTX 2080 FE | 960 Pro 512GB, 840 Evo 250GB x 2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 | HP Omen 27i, MX27AQ | Custom Watercooling Loop + Aquaero 6 XT

Reply With Quote
  #1810  
Old 21-09-20, 09:24 AM
Warchild Warchild is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway, Oslo
Posts: 7,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by trawetSluaP View Post
VRMs and memory always seem to be overlooked. It's why I avoid GPU AIOs.

Would be interesting to know the max operational temp of the VRM. Would imagine NV would say well within spec.
I think the Tmax or however its put for the VRM is 120C
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
banter, conversation, entertainment, fun, jokes, safe for work, small talk

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 09:46 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.