Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 11-12-18, 12:26 PM
OC3D Elite

It's good to have some heating for the winter.

Old 11-12-18, 12:34 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by looz View Post
It's good to have some heating for the winter.
Yup. 3x2m room too so I will be sweating ollies lol.

Old 11-12-18, 01:06 PM
OC3D Elite

FFS a Windows 10 Pro key. Get this for annoying, right.

So basically I signed in with one of the two hotmail email addys I have. However, it seems it was the wrong one and the other one is tied to my key. So I can't activate Windows. No worries, just sign in with the other account right? you can't access those features unless you have Windows activated. FFS, so it meant a total reinstall or buy a new key.

So I got the key. I'm not in the mood to disconnect all of my hdds so Windows doesn't spread and the updates do my head in.

Old 11-12-18, 01:34 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
FFS a Windows 10 Pro key. Get this for annoying, right.

So basically I signed in with one of the two hotmail email addys I have. However, it seems it was the wrong one and the other one is tied to my key. So I can't activate Windows. No worries, just sign in with the other account right? you can't access those features unless you have Windows activated. FFS, so it meant a total reinstall or buy a new key.

So I got the key. I'm not in the mood to disconnect all of my hdds so Windows doesn't spread and the updates do my head in.
Thats as stupid as their other feature. Waking up from sleep will give you the sign in screen. Even if you dont have a password.

To remove the sign in page from sleep function, you can remove it from your account settings. However to remove it, you must first add a password to your account. Then you get the option to go straight to desktop from hibernate, but.. it doesnt happen because of course, you had to add a password. So then you must remove the password.
Old 11-12-18, 01:41 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Thats as stupid as their other feature. Waking up from sleep will give you the sign in screen. Even if you dont have a password.

To remove the sign in page from sleep function, you can remove it from your account settings. However to remove it, you must first add a password to your account. Then you get the option to go straight to desktop from hibernate, but.. it doesnt happen because of course, you had to add a password. So then you must remove the password.
I'm not in the mood today lol. I really have so much to do ! just starting the long process of putting everything away and tidying. Damn, I reckon it will take me about three days :/

Still, I will have three killer rigs now

Old 12-12-18, 02:39 PM
OC3D Elite

Tis the season for messers it would seem. I bought a Hyper X beast kit for £70, only the seller then informs me he is out of the country until next Tuesday, the day that I go to family for Christmas. I then find a kit of Dom Plat, only the seller has copped a deafun since I agreed to buy with no response to my emails (yet he was active and posting all night last night on the forum).

So, really starting to get annoyed as this was taking far longer than it should, I got this on Ebay for £83 all in.

It's brand new too, and will add very subtle red accents (perfect).

I also bought a game from this right pillock. Messed me around proper good he has

Old 12-12-18, 03:30 PM
OC3D Elite

Lan party inc so:A managed switch, though realistically not going to take advantage of the managed part any time soon.
Old 13-12-18, 08:10 AM
OC3D Elite

Old 13-12-18, 12:03 PM
OC3D Elite

That moment when it dawns on you that you can't fit a monster GPU to a HP micro ATX board because it will cover all of the SATA ports.. You have three options.

1. Try using Silverstone ultra low profile SATA cables @ £11 each X3.
2. Use a PCIE 16x riser @ £24 or
3. Buy a mining board for £26.

Here is what I chose.

Mostly because it was the only viable option that would let me use my D2X sound card and give me more SATA ports etc.

Old 13-12-18, 06:11 PM
OC3D Elite

Well bugger me, I made it fit.

Horrid pic I know, I had a lamp on it. Works beautifully though. 2 hours of Valley on ultra @ 1440p and it never made a sound and maxed out at 64c. No whine, nothing. An absolute steal at £240 inc.

I won't be switching the board out now. Not atm. I will need a new Win 10 Pro key, and I really cba. It all functions perfectly, so it will do for now. I will keep the board as a spare.

I did buy this for it earlier, but obviously unless I switch boards I can't use it (or my D2X, but somehow I couldn't really GAF ATM)

Oh and DICE... I finally, after about another hour of messing around, got the game dude. I had to sign up for an Asus account, then another account (all wanted my DOB etc) and then I had to sign up for Blizzard. Only after putting in all of my details it told me I had an account already. Eh? after another 30 mins or so I realised I got one when I bought Diablo III. So I had to reset the password, which the email kept bouncing to spam.

God it was a nightmare lmao. Installing now though, finally !! Cheers for that dude.