Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 10-06-18, 07:01 AM
Advanced Member

woooo feckin hoooo finally got a gpu

MSI 1070 Ti Titanium

sorry didnt take a pic when took it out the box but brain was one track ... must install must install !!

been to long without one since last September and since seen nvida not gona drop one any time soon thought ...bugger it and got it, reckon will go nicely with my new black n white caselabs build i got going on

on a quick note/query - finally can now play assassins creed origins , but the game looks a bit blurry , not as crisp as it should be - 2 clean install of drivers , fiddled about with FXAA in nvidia control panel , just dont seem right any suggestions or shall i move this to here - https://forum.overclock3d.net/showth...355&page=2

i know you gona say clean that dam dust ... i did 3 days ago thats how bad it is out here, just how much its been this month

Old 10-06-18, 08:29 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
lol so you bought something, it failed, and you've repaid them by buying another more expensive one?

haha, you're unique buddy that's for sure

I sold two bikes today. I just so felt like it this morning. Happy, tbh. I'd never ridden either and they were both here long enough to start weeing me off.

So with an absolutely enormous chunk of money I managed this.

And these, at half price (£50). Was going to get another pair of Nanos but all sold out. I must be getting old or something.

Why do you want cleatless pedals for a bmx bike? O.o
Old 10-06-18, 08:41 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Why do you want cleatless pedals for a bmx bike? O.o
Because they are pretty much identical to the ones without them. I can remove most of that if I want and put some pins into the 4 holes. Or, if I ever do give a larger bike a go then I can use them. Shimano do some good "skate type" SPD.

Mostly though they were cheap, and are all sealed etc. Hope are £130 and the rest are all at least £100.

Some dude built a 26" BMX recently on 700cc wheels.

Which piqued my attention. Mostly because I know with my genes there will come a day where I can not ride BMX any more (well, not properly, standing). There is already something quite badly wrong with my right hip. If I lift my leg up higher than about 1ft it hurts like all hell. My mother has arthritis and osteoporosis so it is only really a matter of time dude. I ain't getting any younger.

I spoke to a bloke the other day and he said he can do 50 miles on his racing bike, yet couldn't even do 2 miles on a BMX. As I said, properly, standing. It's a whole lot harder than just sitting there pumping your legs.

Old 10-06-18, 05:37 PM
Resident Newb

As I really want to play God of War, The Uncharted series, The Last of Us, Infamous, Killzone, Horizon Zero Dawn etc... I got myself a brand new PS4 Pro.

Old 10-06-18, 05:45 PM
Old N Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
As I really want to play God of War, The Uncharted series, The Last of Us, Infamous, Killzone, Horizon Zero Dawn etc... I got myself a brand new PS4 Pro.

Nice! You won't regret it. Awesome games, some of which I have to get 'round to finishing/starting myself. The Last of Us is in my top five video games ever made.
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX
Old 10-06-18, 06:03 PM

The last of us was so good im surprised I liked it because I bloody hate uncharted, cant wait for the second game seems like forever.
Old 10-06-18, 06:30 PM
OC3D Elite

I've been strongly considering the PS4 pro and XB1X. The problem is they still run at 30 FPS, and I watched FO4 on the XB1X and it seemed sooo slow. I may get the PS5, depending on what it costs. I just don't think they are quite there yet but I do want one for my bedroom. I put a 55" in there a whiles ago and yeah, I love lying in bed watching it.

Old 10-06-18, 06:54 PM
Old N Gold

Quote:
I've been strongly considering the PS4 pro and XB1X. The problem is they still run at 30 FPS, and I watched FO4 on the XB1X and it seemed sooo slow. I may get the PS5, depending on what it costs. I just don't think they are quite there yet but I do want one for my bedroom. I put a 55" in there a whiles ago and yeah, I love lying in bed watching it.
I know what you mean, but I don't consider it a deal-breaker personally. As much as I love 120 FPS, it's not the be-all and end-all. If the FPS is locked at 30 FPS and I'm sitting further away from the TV, it doesn't bother me tremendously. I think online competitive games or FPS games I'd find frustrating on console, or games with amazing graphics, but third person action adventures like Uncharted or Infamous, a console is fine.
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX
Old 10-06-18, 07:39 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish View Post
I know what you mean, but I don't consider it a deal-breaker personally. As much as I love 120 FPS, it's not the be-all and end-all. If the FPS is locked at 30 FPS and I'm sitting further away from the TV, it doesn't bother me tremendously. I think online competitive games or FPS games I'd find frustrating on console, or games with amazing graphics, but third person action adventures like Uncharted or Infamous, a console is fine.
I guess it comes down to years of playing games at 60 FPS. When you see them at 30 they seem horrible. And the thing is? that would be the game I would buy it for.

I remember playing Fallout 3 on the 360. Once. And only once.

Old 10-06-18, 07:43 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish View Post
Nice! You won't regret it. Awesome games, some of which I have to get 'round to finishing/starting myself. The Last of Us is in my top five video games ever made.
I'm more excited about playing on my console when it arrives than on my multi thousand £ PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by russler View Post
The last of us was so good im surprised I liked it because I bloody hate uncharted, cant wait for the second game seems like forever.
I've watched bits but I'm waiting until it arrives to properly go through it instead of watching it on YouTube.

Quote:
No point getting the XB1X, Every game it has is on PC minus Halo and Sunset Overdrive which are both eventually apparently coming to PC according to recent leaks and dev interviews.

So far I have ordered/pre-ordered the following -

Detroit: Become Human
God of War
Killzone: Shadowfall
Infamous: Second Son and First Light
Horizon Zero Dawn
Spiderman
The Last Guardian
The Last of Us Remastered
Uncharted Collection and number 4 + The Lost Legacy

Should give me a lot to do