Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 25-03-20, 12:51 PM
OC3D Elite

Yeah 93% of the British population support the lockdown now, but it's only really in the last few days that the calls became unanimous across demographics, I'd assume from seeing that the situation in Italy continued to get much worse even 2 weeks after lockdown.

With the climate changes occurring, particularly the drying out of some areas and rise of flooding of others, the likelihood of more dangerous pandemics like this in the future becomes almost a statistical certainty though, so I think the younger generation are more worried about the fact this almost seems like a test run for what will shape the next century, the younger generations(Younger than me) will have a lifetime of wartime measures and face the greatest catastrophes in human history.

Old 25-03-20, 01:10 PM
OC3D Elite

It's mother nature's way of fighting back.

Pollution levels have dropped like crazy. I hope we learn something from all of this or yeah, this will be the future.

Old 25-03-20, 05:41 PM
Resident Newb

So I keep getting junk email that starts out like this -

"Hey I saw you on that dating site you wanna hook up ?"

Followed by topless pics of random women, Don't get me wrong the female form is very nice but I don't know these women or any details of these women which means I do not want random semi nude pics, Also they always contain "click on this link and make a profile" or some rubbish like that.

So, Does anyone know of any way I could block images from being shown in emails ?

Old 25-03-20, 05:55 PM
OC3D Elite

check to see if the domain has the same name or something similar in them and then just apply a filter in your email client options to filter out emails containing @whateverspam.com for example and that the action is to delete such mails.
Old 25-03-20, 07:17 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
So I keep getting junk email that starts out like this -

"Hey I saw you on that dating site you wanna hook up ?"

Followed by topless pics of random women, Don't get me wrong the female form is very nice but I don't know these women or any details of these women which means I do not want random semi nude pics, Also they always contain "click on this link and make a profile" or some rubbish like that.

So, Does anyone know of any way I could block images from being shown in emails ?
Add the email to spam, it auto blocks images.
Old 26-03-20, 11:19 AM
OC3D Elite

Seems nextdoor was telling lies and has not been tested. Why the fk anyone would lie about having covid is beyond me.
Needless to say 3 nights of bad sleep from worrying, to say I am furious does not come close to how angry I am.
ASUS ROG Crosshair VII wifi | Ryzen 5 3600 | Antec 240 AIO | Corsair Vengance RGB 3200 2 x 8Gb | Asus Strix RX 470 | Samsung 500gb nvme | Samsung 1Tb nvme | Samsung Evo 120gb ssd | Seagate Baracuda 1tb storage | Toshiba 1Tb HDD | EVGA 500w | Phanteks Entho ProM Acrylic Window | Windows 10 and Linux Manjaro
Old 26-03-20, 11:28 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobM View Post
Seems nextdoor was telling lies and has not been tested. Why the fk anyone would lie about having covid is beyond me.
Needless to say 3 nights of bad sleep from worrying, to say I am furious does not come close to how angry I am.
What do you mean not been tested? Are you saying everyone in the UK has to get tested regardless of symptoms or not?
Old 26-03-20, 11:51 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
What do you mean not been tested? Are you saying everyone in the UK has to get tested regardless of symptoms or not?
A few days ago he said his neighbour was confirmed to have corona, which understandably would have caused him concern. But I will point out Rob, over here you can be "confirmed" to have coronavirus without being tested at the moment, due to the small number of tests available here during the last 2 weeks most people diagnosed had not been tested yet, so they might not be lying.

But hopefully over the next few days we'll have widespread testing, until then we can't know the asymptomatic rate, with some research from the University of Cambridge implying around half of the UK could have already been infected, on the theoretical assumption only 1 in 1000 people who are infected have symptoms. The only way we can test this model is widespread testing of almost everyone, so soon (Hopefully next few days) we will have hundreds of thousands of home tests being distributed across the country.

In reality, we know more than 1 in 1000 people have symptoms because more than 1 in 1000 people across the population of Lombardy have been hospitalised with coronavirus so far, and so half the UK wouldn't have already been infected as the theoretical model suggested, but even if it's 1 in 500 get distinguishable symptoms, or 1 in 250, it could mean a lot of us have already caught the virus and developed an immune response to it, and that earlier modelling is somewhat wrong.

Finding out that asymptomatic rate is the next major step to understanding the virus and our responses to it, so widespread testing South Korea style seems to be necessary.

EDIT: It's worth noting these home tests can detect if you've ever had coronavirus previously, not just if you're currently infected, they check for the anti-bodies your immune system develops in response to it. It's a little prick of the finger to test your blood like with insulin tests.
Old 26-03-20, 02:24 PM
OC3D Elite

Oxford Uni reckon that if it started in January 60% of us could have already had it. Even as high as 68%.

So we need the tests asap.

Old 26-03-20, 02:31 PM
OC3D Elite

I know me, my mum and dad had a really bad cough in December and we were all really bad.

My brothers 3 week old baby ended up in hospital because of a bad cold which they said was bronchitis, but we have been hearing that they reckon this could have been here since November last year, and are wondering if actually she had a mild form of this.

Then we are hearing that they think it's been here since January so we don't know who to believe.

All we know is that when we were bad, all 3 of us were close to going the hospital because we all had chest pains, trouble breathing, trouble sleeping, severe head aches and muscle pains combined with blurred vision due to the head aches.

We just made sure that when we realised were ill we stayed at home and told people to stay away.

Server PC: 2700x, 16GB Corsair DDR4, MSI GTX 1660Ti, Gigabyte 120Gb M.2, Crucial 240Gb SSD, WD Blue 500Gb SSD, 2x Seagate 6Tb HDD's

Tags
banter, conversation, entertainment, fun, jokes, safe for work, small talk