Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 06-09-21, 01:16 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
Yeah. I don't think anyone goes through enough bottles of anything to make this worthwhile. Anyone who did has a fizzy drink problem, unless they are a bottle water fanatic.
We have water and sparkling water here in the same bottles. Couple that with a typical family of 5 and you have yourself a healthy supply and demand.

Old 07-09-21, 02:50 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
We have water and sparkling water here in the same bottles. Couple that with a typical family of 5 and you have yourself a healthy supply and demand.
Fair. I do wonder what the quality of the filament would be like. As much as I enjoy the concept of this, the filament needs to be good for it to all be worthwhile.
Old 07-09-21, 03:12 PM
OC3D Elite

I think that dude was seriously bored during lockdown, LOL! I think I'd rather print PETG or PETG+. Been printing quite a bit of PETG for the first time, for hot end stuff, and some upcoming linear rail mods on my big printer. It's neat stuff, almost like acrylic. Well at least the stuff I chose is, it's weird translucent aqua blue/green.

Did a hot end shroud and squash ball feet for the Ender 3 V2:

Parts for EVA:

Linear rail parts incoming:
/ custom loop
Old 07-09-21, 03:22 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Fair. I do wonder what the quality of the filament would be like. As much as I enjoy the concept of this, the filament needs to be good for it to all be worthwhile.
I'd wonder if you'd spent more on bottles than it would cost to buy filament, anything like my family we only get through 3 bottles a week the fridge has a cold water dispenser so e buy squash
RAM: 2x 8GB CORSAIR VENGENCE LED
GPU: Gigabyte white 2070
PSU: Corsair Rm850x
Old 07-09-21, 03:34 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Exactly. I have seen my filaments fail because its been cut with something cheap. Other times Its a great finish but stringy. Not sure I even liked the quality of the print in his video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenback View Post
I'd wonder if you'd spent more on bottles than it would cost to buy filament, anything like my family we only get through 3 bottles a week the fridge has a cold water dispenser so e buy squash
Here in norway you get charged about 25pence extra per bottle. However there are recycle machines where you deposit the bottles and get that 25 pence back in the form of a ticket, which you basically use in a store and have the recycled saved discounted from your final total. I like the solution so I think ill stick with that instead of shredding them up. Feels good when you recycle so much that the store ends up giving you cash back. I think I once had so many bottles over a span of time the total came to about £20 which was nice to hand in and get cashed out
Old 07-09-21, 04:24 PM
OC3D Elite

they did have that over here when I was younger with glass bottles, now the recycleing is a bit over complicated, you have a bin for plastic a bin for paper a bin for food waste a bin for garden waste and a bin for normal rubbish it's probably why so many don't recycle
RAM: 2x 8GB CORSAIR VENGENCE LED
GPU: Gigabyte white 2070
PSU: Corsair Rm850x
Old 07-09-21, 04:57 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenback View Post
they did have that over here when I was younger with glass bottles, now the recycleing is a bit over complicated, you have a bin for plastic a bin for paper a bin for food waste a bin for garden waste and a bin for normal rubbish it's probably why so many don't recycle
Thats normal in scandinavia. You would be frowned upon if someone spotted you not sorting the trash right and trying to throw a bag of food in a different bag.
Old 10-09-21, 03:20 AM
OC3D Elite

After several day of head banging, of the non-metal variety, I finally have my Ender 3 V2 a bit closer to where I want it. BLtouch has been added to the Micro Swiss direct drive, so I had to print a new shroud first:

Since my BLT wasn't designed for the V2, I made my own connector out of a BLT extension cable I had:

Satsana shroud fits like a glove, and utilizes the stock fans:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4408571

I ran all the cables in front of the frame, so the power connector for the extruder motor won't get crushed if I print something tall:

Now it finally appears to be printing nicely, after a dual Z axis upgrade, Micro Swiss direct drive, BL touch, silicon bed spacers, and more importantly JyersUI was updated to the BL touch version. I had a pickle of a time getting the X/Y home offsets re-jigged, but that's done now, and it seems to be printing nicely (test dragon in PLA pro at 220C):

/ custom loop