Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 14-09-20, 07:00 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
I grew up reading Gamesmaster Magazine with Sir Patrick Moore on the front cover, I think he appeared on 2 x issues, Couldn't get enough of it
I used to watch that show, purely for the cheats

Old 14-09-20, 11:52 AM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post

Yeah I remember those, Never had the ones I needed though XD

Old 14-09-20, 12:22 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
I watched it for Diane Youdale lmao. Phwoar !

If you don't like what I post don't read it.
Old 14-09-20, 05:10 PM
OC3D Elite

I modded the shed

The lid ripped off and the door totally snapped from the hinges when we had those bad winds about two years ago lol.

Old 15-09-20, 03:51 PM
OC3D Elite

Old 16-09-20, 08:14 AM
OC3D Elite

So according to Gamersenexus who doesnt spew BS like many sites we see

Regarding 3080 review date (which i believe is today woohoo)

Quote:
The date was moved because of global shipping delays causing some other regions (outside North America) to receive cards late for reviewers; in effort to keep it fair between reviewers around the world, NVIDIA pushed its review embargo date back.
I think there is a good deal of truth in that one.
Old 16-09-20, 11:45 AM
OC3D Elite

Really interesting mini documenatary series here looking into AMD cpu

Old 16-09-20, 05:37 PM
Resident Newb

So I like to now and then, Rarely though, Shop on OCUK for various bits and pieces, I've also got an account on their forum that I've had since 2007 which gives me free DPD shipping on anything over £50, Went to log into it today as it also has a very useful members market place that you can buy and sell, You have to be a member for at least a year though with 1000+ posts just to make sure you're not a scammer.

Anyway I go to login, Wrong password, Recheck my password, Wrong password, Click on the forgot password link, Password link never comes through, I send a message to the forum mods explaining this, Nothing, I wait 48 hours, Send another, Nothing, I also send a message to them over Facebook, The message is seen but I get no reply, I also go to login to my "Trust" which is your seller information, Rating etc... password invalid, I checked post history, Nothing has changed, This has happened before but various people with too much power on those forums like to mess around with peoples accounts for whatever reason they make up in their heads.

This brings me to this point, Over moderation and the god complex that some mods have is getting a little too much on multiple forums, So many forums have mods that have this "I am in charge" mindset, Toxic, So glad OC3D has human mods.

Old 16-09-20, 05:45 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
So I like to now and then, Rarely though, Shop on OCUK for various bits and pieces, I've also got an account on their forum that I've had since 2007 which gives me free DPD shipping on anything over £50, Went to log into it today as it also has a very useful members market place that you can buy and sell, You have to be a member for at least a year though with 1000+ posts just to make sure you're not a scammer.

Anyway I go to login, Wrong password, Recheck my password, Wrong password, Click on the forgot password link, Password link never comes through, I send a message to the forum mods explaining this, Nothing, I wait 48 hours, Send another, Nothing, I also send a message to them over Facebook, The message is seen but I get no reply, I also go to login to my "Trust" which is your seller information, Rating etc... password invalid, I checked post history, Nothing has changed, This has happened before but various people with too much power on those forums like to mess around with peoples accounts for whatever reason they make up in their heads.

This brings me to this point, Over moderation and the god complex that some mods have is getting a little too much on multiple forums, So many forums have mods that have this "I am in charge" mindset, Toxic, So glad OC3D has human mods.
Firstly.

Your buying account will probably use a different email address to the forum. Mine does. My login for trust is the same as my login for buying ETC. It uses an email address I have had for 10 years. One I rarely even check let alone bother with.

However when buying I have to use that email, or lose all of my privs (MM, free shipping on anything etc).

If you ever have an issue with OCUK mate go here -

Don't send a web note, don't go on Facebook etc. There's no point even phoning because their service in that area is sodding awesome.

Funny you posted today because I ordered something that wasn't in stock. The res was, but not the HDD. Then I didn't know why it hadn't shipped because I didn't check that old email account etc. However, I went on the forum and asked them to refund the HDD which brought the order down to £38 for the res and they sent it DPD.

Which brings me back to this. Are you certain that the email you use for the shop is the one you are sending emails to? not your forum account, the actual shop email address?

Because I had the same issue. I'm like WTF why are these emails not arriving and then the penny dropped.

Old 16-09-20, 06:00 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Firstly.

Your buying account will probably use a different email address to the forum. Mine does. My login for trust is the same as my login for buying ETC. It uses an email address I have had for 10 years. One I rarely even check let alone bother with.

However when buying I have to use that email, or lose all of my privs (MM, free shipping on anything etc).

If you ever have an issue with OCUK mate go here -

Don't send a web note, don't go on Facebook etc. There's no point even phoning because their service in that area is sodding awesome.

Funny you posted today because I ordered something that wasn't in stock. The res was, but not the HDD. Then I didn't know why it hadn't shipped because I didn't check that old email account etc. However, I went on the forum and asked them to refund the HDD which brought the order down to £38 for the res and they sent it DPD.

Which brings me back to this. Are you certain that the email you use for the shop is the one you are sending emails to? not your forum account, the actual shop email address?

Because I had the same issue. I'm like WTF why are these emails not arriving and then the penny dropped.

My forum and store emails are the exact same, Even the exact same passwords, This has happened twice over the last few years and always turned out to be something a mod fiddled with on the back end.

Tags
banter, conversation, entertainment, fun, jokes, safe for work, small talk